Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 05:35 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No mention of either "lawful" or "legal."

You actually have no idea what you are talking about, do you?
Yeah, I do understand the difference between legal and lawful

That you do not, I suggest you present your blurred view to the OED as the next new word, "illawgal".

That might clarify the issue for everyone on "ludes".

There seem to be a lot of 'lude dudes out and about these days.

Last edited by ergohead; 05-17-2010 at 05:46 PM..

Old 05-17-2010, 05:37 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
The nits in this thread are getting really annoying...

Old 05-17-2010, 05:42 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The nits in this thread are getting really annoying...
Yea!

Old 05-17-2010, 05:59 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Of coarse not to me, I have never claimed to know the outcome of any of these cases and in every case I have been right. I will wait to see the outcome of this court martial as well because I have no clue about the outcome. I however, will not buy into your opinion because there have been many real experts, with bona fied credentials and degrees, who went to trial thinking they had a slam dunk and were embarrassed.
You frankly have no excuse to "not have a clue" about the outcome of this court martial. There are a number of very good professional blogs on issues of military justice, and most of them have been given comprehensive coverage of this case. They are run by actual military judges and lawyers. Hey... it is clear that you do not like me. I get that.

But why are you so incurious that you would not take that dislike and use it as a motivation to go out and pursue the truth on your own?

Those identifiable experts, by the way, are in unanimous voice that LTC Lakin has 1) pissed away his career for no reason, 2) that his violations of the UCMJ are a slam dunk case for the prosecution (particularly given that he announced his intention to miss movement and violate orders on YouTube) and 3) that Obama's eligibility is irrelevant to the case and will never be mentioned past the point at the initial hearing when his requests for discovery are denied.

But I'm sure you will dismiss their experience and knowledge as merely being "elitist."

As to your final assertion, surely you don't really believe that. I have known a lot of lawyers who have lost a lot of cases... but none who were surprised at their loss. Disappointed? Maybe.

Surprised? Nope.

Maybe you've just watched too many Harrison Ford movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT
I love humble, exceptional people, who do not act like elitists weather they agree with me or not. Check my friends.
I have no aspiration for your love.

Quote:
I can say with 100% accuracy that I have never been wrong on any of them because I never predicted the outcome of any of them. I guess that means I have no oops to add.
Very safe, and entirely timid! I'm sure it works for you. It is not generally a characteristic of people who actually accomplish something. Even Ghandi's or Mother Teresa's humility was not at the cost of them being afraid to risk being wrong by taking a stand.

Quote:
I find a lot of humility right here on CD by folks who are by far your superior in so many ways.
You know nothing about me, really. But at least we see that you actually are willing to make predictions after all. Just on the things that do not matter, like your personal opinion of an anonymous guy on the Internet.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:02 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Yeah, I do understand the difference between legal and lawful
Naaah. You said a dumb thing and instead of just sucking it up have launched into an extensive retrograde defense. I have no idea why you are bothering, because it's not really a very interesting discussion and you are coming up goose eggs anyway.

But I guess some people are just like that.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Naaah. You said a dumb thing . .
When in Ludeville . . . the projections will be lude.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Well then, perhaps you might add the humble words "in my opinion" to your claims instead of acting like your word is law.
This "IMO" issue came up on another forum here on CD. One poster said his high school English teacher told him since it was his work, it was obviously his opinion, therefore, unnecessary to add that little phrase. I agree.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:32 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Two peas in a pod!

Quote:
Wonderful news! Big-haired Minnesota Congressloon Michele Bachmann was finally photographed with crazy attorney/dentist and insatiable lover Orly Taitz, the Queen of the Birthers.

The Tea Party Patriots invited both of them to speak at a lunch in California on Friday. Taitz claims Birtherism didn't come up, but that's literally the only thing she talks about, so I'm not sure if I believe her. Like, this is how she claimed that she didn't talk about Birtherism
Michele Bachmann pals around with birther queen Orly Taitz - War Room - Salon.com

Old 05-17-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Naaah. You said a dumb thing and instead of just sucking it up have launched into an extensive retrograde defense. I have no idea why you are bothering, because it's not really a very interesting discussion and you are coming up goose eggs anyway.

But I guess some people are just like that.
All marijuana-use arrests, adjudications, convictions and imprisonments were under "color of law". Marijuana use has never been unlawful, only illegal.

The color of the law was green, which fell under the color of the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 - the dark greenies.

It is illegal to pay your taxes with anything but negotiable instruments backed by federal reserve notes.

It is illegal to pay your taxes with cash lawful money of the United States (gold or silver coin).

Old 05-17-2010, 06:42 PM

Barack Obama is the legal president of the U.S.

But, he is not the lawful president of the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies