Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 05:04 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Were you a company commander in an Artillery Company?
A Battery Commander.

We don't have companies in the FA. We have batteries.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:05 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
of course any man can do as they want but that does not answer the question. do you think it is ok for a military man to not follow orders?
I answered but, here it is in another way...who am I to judge. I do not know him personally but I understand what he is trying to accomplish and the risk he is taking.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
The discussion is the Combat Medical Badge. Read Dude's definition of the award....unit must be engaged in active ground combat...Ltc Lakin treated wounded soldiers while his unit was under fire.
Read it again. The unit must be engaged. But the doctor only needs to be attached to the unit. He doesn't need to be in combat with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe
Officers are not promoted to Colonel based on longevity..they are promoted on merit and the needs of army.
Except for military doctors, nurses and lawyers.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 05-20-2010 at 05:44 PM..

Old 05-20-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
It would appear your argument is with Wiki.
It's Wiki. What would be unusual about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT
This reads to me that you can receive a bronze star for bravery, acts of merit, or meritorious service or receive a bronze star for valor with the V device resulting from an act of combat heroism, or signifying that the medal was earned in combat.
And you are misreading it.

It is awarded in two versions only: As a meritorious service medal (sans "V" device") or as a combat bravery award (with "V" device).

Quote:
Acording to Wiki (see above) it can be awarded for bravery without the V device so no inflation here.
Wiki does not say that, and it wouldn't be true even if they did say that.

But even were it true that you could get this imaginary non-valorous bravery Bronze Star, you inflated his record by asserting his award was for bravery, something you could not possibly know and that we all now know was absolutely untrue.

Quote:
This is not inflation, this is a retort to your claims that he is nothing special. I thought that some might like to see his actual record and decide for themselves instead of taking your word for it.
And he is nothing special, so yes, your pretense that he was something special was inflation.

Quote:
Never said you would go all Birther, just maybe ask what is really going on and does it have anything to do with BHO. Let's do get together again after the court martial that may never come to fruition.
Jun 11th is the first hearing, and that's less than a month away.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:26 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
And he is nothing special, so yes, your pretense that he was something special was inflation.
I'll let the folks decide.

Who is LTC Terry Lakin

Old 05-20-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
So he has been in action, under fire, but his record is inflated while it seems you have never seen any action but are the ultimate authority on Lakin. Pathetic!
Again... no. You are inflating his record again without good reason.

The badge can be obtained without ever once having had a bullet fired at you in anger.

But then, unable to control yourself by again launching into wild assertions about which you can know absolutely nothing, you pretend to assert that I "have never seen any action."

Having never worn a uniform yourself (and earlier trying to ride on the coat tails of relatives who apparently were more courageous and patriotic than yourself) you now have the temerity to pretend you can dis me for having "never seen action?"

I'm sorry, but you have just moved from pathos to slapstick.

If I was one to tell stories, I could make you eat those words in about seven seconds. But you are unworthy of the effort.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:33 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
I answered but, here it is in another way...who am I to judge. I do not know him personally but I understand what he is trying to accomplish and the risk he is taking.

we all "judge" we all have opinions. does not matter if you know him or not. do you take the "who am I to judge" on all matters? the man has taken a stand, you either agree with it or you don't. understanding all sides of the issue is not the question. so I will ask again do you think it is ok for a military man to not follow orders?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Ltc Lakin is deemed a weasel because he believes Obama is not a natural born citizen.
Not at all.

He is deemed a weasel for violating his oath and being both disobedient and disloyal.

The point has repeatedly been made that Obama has nothing to do with it. Obama will also have nothing to do with the court martial. The subject of the President will never come up without being immediately slapped down by the judge.

Quote:
The army does not place weasels on the promotion list to Colonel.
Sure they do.

Quote:
If we could read Ltc Lakin's fitness reports..we would see the term weasel was never used.
So?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
The German military did not refuse orders when they placed Jews in ovens.
Those were unlawful orders.

The ones Lakin got were not.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:36 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Officers have a different oath than the enlisted man. Officers defend the Constitution.

Ltc Lakin is defending the Constitution.

defending the constitution? I doubt the man cares one wit about the constitution. if he cared about the constitution he would take the same pride in his oath and his duty as a military man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies