Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 05:38 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Officers have a different oath than the enlisted man. Officers defend the Constitution.
They "support and defend" the Constitution.

They do not arbitrate it. This is not Pakistan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe
Ltc Lakin is defending the Constitution.
In point of fact, he is rather direct violation of it.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:39 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT
I answered but, here it is in another way...who am I to judge. I do not know him personally but I understand what he is trying to accomplish and the risk he is taking.
What exactly is he trying to accomplish?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:43 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
But then, unable to control yourself by again launching into wild assertions about which you can know absolutely nothing, you pretend to assert that I "have never seen any action."
Tell me about your combat action, I'd love to read about it. I am not above apologizing, but I need something to apologize for. You are not another Richard Blumenthal are you? Maybe inflating yourself a little or a lot?

Quote:
Having never worn a uniform yourself (and earlier trying to ride on the coat tails of relatives who apparently were more courageous and patriotic than yourself) you now have the temerity to pretend you can dis me for having "never seen action?"
You need to reread that post. I went to enlist and was not allowed in because of losing a kidney to cancer. Almost every male in my family has served in WWII or Vietnam, I wanted to do the same, period.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
No...he said he served his entire career during peacetime implying he never saw combat. Historian Dude, "I left the service as a Captain, and served my entire career in peacetime, and Lakin's Bronze Star is the only decoration he wears that I do not... "

If he has seen action then lets here it and I will apologize.
I still carry the bullet to prove I "saw action." I am most likely the only person in this forum to have been actually involved in (and wounded in) a terrorist attack. December 14, 1979. Cakmakli, Turkey.

Check the date. It was peacetime.

And I'm not gonna to bother telling you what I was warded the Humanitarian Service Ribbon for. But it had something to do with Iran.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:44 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
A Battery Commander.

We don't have companies in the FA. We have batteries.
Where were your overseas assignments? Were you awarded the Global War on Terrorism Medal?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
You need to reread that post. I went to enlist and was not allowed in because of losing a kidney to cancer. Almost every male in my family has served in WWII or Vietnam, I wanted to do the same, period.
And yet you did not.

Show some respect for those who have.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What exactly is he trying to accomplish?
You apparently have not been reading this thread but, I will help you out. Terry Lakin is purposly not reporting for duty to Afghanistan so that he will be court martialed where he believes he will be able for discovery for his defense. In that discovery he expects to force Obama into proving his eligibility as POTUS and CIC who ordered troops and him into Afghanistan.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Where were your overseas assignments? Were you awarded the Global War on Terrorism Medal?
My first assignment was overseas in the Turkish / US Logistics Group (TUSLOG) as an M&A (Maintenance and Assembly) Team Leader for nuclear artillery warheads.

My Battery Command was stateside. Charlie Battery, 1st Bn (Abn) 319th FA.

That was in the 82d Airborne Division Artillery.

There was no "war on terror" when I was on duty, so no Global War on Terrorism Medal. We had the good old fashioned Cold War going then.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Show some respect for those who have
. Like you do...I don't think so. Respect is earned not demanded in my book and you have fallen short.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:54 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I still carry the bullet to prove I "saw action." I am most likely the only person in this forum to have been actually involved in (and wounded in) a terrorist attack. December 14, 1979. Cakmakli, Turkey.

Check the date. It was peacetime.

And I'm not gonna to bother telling you what I was warded the Humanitarian Service Ribbon for. But it had something to do with Iran.
The Army Coup in Turkey..was during this time period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies