Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2010, 08:53 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,824,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
The problem with us Americans was that you could set your clocks by us. We always seemed to fall into a pattern, and you could find us at the same place, same time every day. What easy targets we were for terrorists. And we were unarmed. There is no more helpless feeling in the world than having nothing to shoot back with. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. My detachment was actually in Izmit, I was just at Cakmakli for training that day.

My story of the coup.

The Turkish Battalion Commander (COL Yilmaz Koratesh was his name) showed up at the detachment where I and one of the other M&A Team leaders were getting some maintenance done on our jeeps (remember jeeps?). He turned to me and said "Tamen Dude. We are in a state of war. We must secure all your radios." When we asked him why, he said it was because the Army was staging a coup, and he couldn't afford to let word get out of Turkey until it was a done deal, and our vehicle radios were something he worried we could communicate with to SETAF HQ in Vincenza.

So, we let him have the radios. And then the other Lieutenant just walked into the orderly and called Vincenza on the phone to announce Turkey was having a coup. It was hilarious.

But I tell you... the terrorist attacks stopped. They were Marxists rather than Islamists in those days.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

As to the LTC Lakin court martial... I'm sure we all know where it's leading. I still cannot get over the awful legal advice he followed to get himself in this mess.
Doing maintenance on a Sunday?

Old 05-21-2010, 09:08 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,069,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Doing maintenance on a Sunday?
It was Erzerum. Have you ever been there?

Old 05-21-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
There are many who wanted to serve but could not, for very legitimate reasons. They should not be marginalized or dissed by those who hate the right overall. I'm sure there are people on the left who wanted to serve but could not. Is their situation any different?
It depends on what they have done or said that might warrant disrespect or marginalization. The "I wanted to serve" excuse plays poorly when they are pretending an authoritative opinion that they have not earned in the face of those who have.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:46 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
[/quote]The "I wanted to serve" excuse plays poorly when they are pretending an authoritative opinion that they have not earned in the face of those who have. [/quote]

That appears to be prejudgment. There's a difference between excuses and reasons. How does one "earn" an opinion anyway.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I never implied that any of his service and commendations had anything to do with his guilt or innocence. I bring them up only to show that he is not some stupid ninny who got suckered into something.
Ironically, the letter you posted shows that he exactly that. Just a few notes on that letter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTC Lakin
Every soldier learns what constitutes a lawful order and is encouraged to stand up and object to unlawful orders.
Every soldier, it would seem, except Terry Lakin. The concept of a lawful order is actually strongly stressed it training at all levels, and nowhere does it contain a requirement that the president of the United States (or any officer in the chain of command) be "eligible" for their position or else orders become "unlawful." A Lawful Order is an order given to you by someone appointed over you by higher authority which you are legally bound to obey and that does not require you to break the law to obey.

Where did Lakin get his anomalous and false idea that military orders became "unlawful" if the President is ineligible? Well... this is a long standing Birther mantra that he got suckered into believing was true. And given that it is simple to determine the mantra's falshood, one can only assume only a "stupid ninny" would get suckered in that way.

Quote:
Since the fall of 2008, I have been troubled by reports that your original birth certificate remains concealed from public view along with many other records which, if released, would quickly end questions surrounding your place of birth and "natural born" status. Many people mistake the online Certification of Live Birth for an original birth certificate. Until the summer of 2009, the Hawaiian Department of Homelands would not accept this Certification of Live Birth to determine native Hawaiian identity--the Department insisted upon also reviewing an original birth certificate. Many do not understand that the online document was from 2007, generated by computer, laser-printed, and merely a certification that there is an original birth certificate on file which may or may not be sufficiently probative. An original birth certificate is the underlying document that presumably includes a hospital and attending physician's or midwife's name that should lay to rest the "natural born" dispute.
This entire paragraph is received Birther revelation... not a single sentence having resulted from original thought or consideration by the good LTC. He is rather clearly being suckered by somebody.

Quote:
In 2008, after pressure from the news media, Senator McCain produced an original birth certificate from the Panama Canal Zone; a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing examined and affirmed his "natural born" status and Constitutional eligibility to serve as President.
At this point, Lakin departs from mere ninny-hood and embarks on an out and out lie.

John McCain has never released an original birth certificate from anywhere. He did not present one to any Senate Judiciary hearing, as the details of his birth were never even in dispute. What "stupid ninny" would make such an assertion unless he was suckered into it? He certainly cannot have come upon this information himself, since it is not true.

Quote:
The U.S. Senate was silent about your eligibility, despite statements from Kenyan citizens that you were born in Mombasa, including your paternal grandmother and the Ambassador from Kenya to the U.S. during a radio interview.
Here again, we find him swallowing revealed Birther falsehoods hook, line and sinker. Obama's paternal grandmother has never said he was born in Kenya. Neither has the Kenyan Ambassador, even in the leading interview that made such a splash in Birthistan.

The LTC is demonstrating in this letter that he is too lazy or too incompetent to actually verify the claims that have caused him to sacrifice his career. You find no "stupid ninnyhood" in such a foolish and futile act?

Quote:
I have attempted through my chain of command for many months to get answers to the questions surrounding your eligibility. I also sought answers, unsuccessfully, through my Congressional delegation. You serve as my Commander-in-Chief. Given the fact that the certification that your campaign posted online was not a document that the Hawaiian Department of Homelands regarded as a sufficient substitute for the original birth certificate and given that it has been your personal decision that has prevented the Hawaiian Department of Health from releasing your original birth certificate or any Hawaiian hospital from releasing your records, the burden of proof must rest with you.
Now this is the ultimate in "stupid ninnyhood." Lakin has here set himself up as the personal arbiter of his Commander-In-Chiefs' eligibility.

Someone smarter and less "ninnyish" might have noticed that his oath is to "protect and defend" the Constitution, not arbitrate it. This is the United States, not Pakistan.

Quote:
Unless it is established (by this sufficient proof that should be easily within your power to provide) that you are constitutionally eligible to serve as President and my Commander-in-Chief, I, and all other military officers may be following illegal orders.
Again... someone smarter and less a ninny would have discovered the "De Facto Officer Doctrine." This well established and long settled point of law says that even if an officer like the President is ultimately found to be ineligible for the job, all orders and acts performed by that person in that role are still lawful and legitimate. And here we are most directly confronted with the very, very, very bad advice that Lakin's been getting.

His lawyer Jensen is committing legal malpractice by not letting Lakin know this. But since we now know that Jensen has been holding Lakin's hand through this whole process and even filmed the original Lakin YouTube video in his own office, we know exactly who it is that has suckered Lakin into the self destruction of his own career.

And in the meantime, Jensen is soliciting for a half a million dollars as his payment to defend Lakin for an act that he suckered Lakin into committing in the first place.

For some reason, a phrase that rhymes with "Cupid Whinney" comes immediately to mind.

Quote:
Therefore, sir, until an original birth certificate is brought forward that validates your eligibility and puts to rest the other reasonable questions surrounding your unproven eligibility; I cannot in good conscience obey ANY military orders.
Except for cashing his paycheck, of course.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound
That appears to be prejudgment. There's a difference between excuses and reasons. How does one "earn" an opinion anyway.
Appearances would be less deceiving if you actually read rather than merely glossed. One does not earn an opinion.

But one certainly must earn a presumption of authority.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:14 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Enlist and serve your country.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:54 PM

217 posts, read 125,765 times

YouTube - Obama Is Not A Natural Born U.S. Citizen And Is Ineligible For The Presidency / Video

Old 05-21-2010, 03:00 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,070,760 times
Deport the birthers!

Old 05-21-2010, 03:03 PM

217 posts, read 125,765 times
Deport the Illegals. Obama is a messiah for the masses let him lead the way out of my country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies