Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 03:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
A state that gives Hawaiian birth certificates to anyone based on their parent living in Hawaii for at least a year prior to birth.
Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Opponents asserted that Hawaiian officials had not explicitly addressed the fact that Obama was born in Hawaii, and pointed to a provision of Hawaiian law that permits the issuance of certifications of live birth to those born outside the state or even outside the country. However, the suggestion that this could have applied to Obama was rejected by Janice Okubo, director of communications for the Hawaii Department of Health: "If you were born in Bali, for example, you could get a certificate from the state of Hawaii saying you were born in Bali. You could not get a certificate saying you were born in Honolulu.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:25 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times
Listen to LTC Lakin and his attorney explaining why Obama's presidency is illegal based on the constitution

LTC Lakin on Gordon Liddy Show: April 20, 2010

"a mere abstract of a birth certificate is not good enough"

Old 04-20-2010, 03:33 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
For the sake of argument what purpose would an American girl of 18 have to cover up the actual birth place of her son, if he had been born overseas? And how do you explain the lack evidence claiming she lived overseas before college? We know where and when she graduated high school and where and when she entered college. Where is the proof that she lived in Africa for an extended time and when exactly was that? Her son would have been an American citizen no matter where he'd have been born. She didn't need an "anchor baby" as someone here claimed was her motive. She never gave up her citizenship.
See my previous post here regarding his eligibility. He would not have been a citizen at birth, his mother being too young at the time.

Btw, you are far from alone in making that assumption. I doubt most Americans realize this.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:35 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Listen to LTC Lakin and his attorney explaining why Obama's presidency is illegal based on the constitution

LTC Lakin on Gordon Liddy Show: April 20, 2010

"a mere abstract of a birth certificate is not good enough"
You posted this before, quit spamming. I listened and I heard mostly lies...

//www.city-data.com/forum/13815820-post524.html

Last edited by meson; 04-20-2010 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: post link

Old 04-20-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
And Obama was born in?

Hint: NOT the early 70s.
Actually, I worked in Pennsylvania in the late 60s. My point is that the lenght of stay in the hospital varies by locale in the country, with the western states having shorter stays.

Quote:
You would find that info on a birth certificate. That info, including the hospital and doctor's signatures, is also on my and my children's birth certificates.
Big whoop! My own BC has only my name, sex, date of birth, mother's name, father's name and a rubber stamped signature from the PA Dept of Vital Statistics, or some such. My kids' have a dr's signature and the name of the hospital. I did not have to answer any question about where my husband and I worked, and what was our last day of work for my kids' bcs. I do not remember that being a question asked in Illinios, either, and I have seen hundreds of Ill. bcs.

Quote:
Depends on how much time lapsed between the expiration and the renewal.
Maybe he never let it expire.

Quote:
The issue at hand is natural born citizen status.
Which is not defined by the constitution.

Quote:
Looks very much like my and my children's birth certificates. They have the same info on them, including hospital and doctor's signatures.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Actually, it isn't that simple. When a child is born outside of the United States to a U.S. parent, the requirements vary.

At the time of his birth (1961), if only one parent was a citizen, then said parent had to have lived in the United States for 10 years prior to the birth AND at least 5 of them had to have been after the age of 14. His mother didn't meet that requirement.
Because she was too young. So if she was too young, the citizenship of her parents would apply, and they were US citizens.

Quote:
See my previous post here regarding his eligibility. He would not have been a citizen at birth, his mother being too young at the time.

Btw, you are far from alone in making that assumption. I doubt most Americans realize this.
Only if he was born in the US, and even then, see above.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:59 PM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Yes, you can become naturalized through the grandparents - but that's still a naturalized citizen, which is different.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, you can become naturalized through the grandparents - but that's still a naturalized citizen, which is different.
That is not what I meant. If Obama's mother was too young, her parents' citizenship would apply, IF he was born abroad AND his mother was living abroad. There is no evidence that she even went abroad to visit, let alone was living in Kenya.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:02 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times
A caller from Texas.to LTC Lakin..."We don't buy a bird dog down here without papers" "How can we have a president with no papers" Gotta love it.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:03 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Which is moot, because the State of Hawaii says that Obama was born in Honolulu. Making him a natural born citizen.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:04 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
It's not what you "did", Sir, it's where you went!
where did i go ??? honestly, let me know where you think i went.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies