Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 10:28 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
No, that's not what I'm saying. Obviously, she must have set foot on foreign soil if that's where she gave birth. (If you were born in say, France, your mother must have been there, too, right?)

Again - This only applies to FOREIGN births where the other parent is not American.
Exactly. So we're back to the birthers having to bring forth proof that Obama's mother set foot on foreign soil at or before his birth. So far there is only proof that she wasn't overseas---her high school and college records, her marriage in Hawaii and her son's birth documented by the state of Hawaii. So far all you've got is a tape of his step-grandmother, an elderly woman who was purposely mislead by a translator via a birther interviewer and who had gone on record afterward stating that she didn't say she saw Obama Jr's birth. She was talking about Obama Sr.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:45 AM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Exactly. So we're back to the birthers having to bring forth proof that Obama's mother set foot on foreign soil at or before his birth. So far there is only proof that she wasn't overseas---her high school and college records, her marriage in Hawaii and her son's birth documented by the state of Hawaii. So far all you've got is a tape of his step-grandmother, an elderly woman who was purposely mislead by a translator via a birther interviewer and who had gone on record afterward stating that she didn't say she saw Obama Jr's birth. She was talking about Obama Sr.
Who is "you"? I'm only pointing out citizenship requirements that existed during the time period when he was born and who is/is not a citizen at birth.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:08 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Who is "you"? I'm only pointing out citizenship requirements that existed during the time period when he was born and who is/is not a citizen at birth.
And you should also point out that such citizenship requirements are entirely irrelevant, as long as the State of Hawaii officially verifies that President Obama was born there.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:18 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
I'm sorry if you were offended by the use of the word "you". I thought you were one of the birthers in this thread. You're not? The "you" was a generic term. I should have said: "So far all the birthers have...." Just to clarify, do you believe that Obama was born in Hawaii as the state has certified?

Old 04-21-2010, 11:18 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, no, I don't have to prove that.

The assertion is ridiculous that any state would knowingly falsify birth records, which is what you are claiming. The state indicates on the birth certificate the place of birth, and if you were applying for one of these birth certificates, obviously you were not born in Honolulu. So the state would not certify that you were, because doing so would invalidate all the birth certificates of people actually born in Honolulu. The state of Hawaii is actually quite cognizant of the legal ramifications that would ensue if they falsified such information. Or are you claiming that the State is governed by idiots as well as conspirators?
The state wouldn't have to knowingly falsify anything. All the state would have to do is issue a birth certificate based on information provided by "any person having knowledge of the birth."

Quote:
Local agent to prepare birth certificate. (a) If neither parent of the newborn child whose birth is unattended as provided in section 338-5 is able to prepare a birth certificate, the local agent of the department of health shall secure the necessary information from any person having knowledge of the birth and prepare and file the certificate.
(b) The department shall prescribe the time within which a supplementary report furnishing information omitted on the original certificate may be returned for the purpose of completing the certificate. Certificates of birth completed by a supplementary report shall not be considered as “delayed” or “altered.”
http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrs200..._0338-0006.htm

Any non-parent could claim whatever they wanted and get a Hawaiian birth certificate for any child.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
How would the State of Hawaii KNOW where someone is born?
Any non-parent could tell the state of Hawaii whatever they want to get a child a Hawaiian birth certificate. There is no process for or requirement of verification of the submitted information.

See my post above.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Yeah, whatever you tell them.
That is true at least in Hawaii. They will issue a birth certificate with whatever information "any person having knowledge of the birth" tells them.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:48 AM

10,020 posts, read 15,665,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I'm sorry if you were offended by the use of the word "you". I thought you were one of the birthers in this thread. You're not? The "you" was a generic term. I should have said: "So far all the birthers have...." Just to clarify, do you believe that Obama was born in Hawaii as the state has certified?
I haven't seen any legitimate evidence so far that would challenge that.

I do think it's possible that Obama does not want to release the long form because it contains some information that he finds personally embarrassing.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:49 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The state wouldn't have to knowingly falsify anything. All the state would have to do is issue a birth certificate based on information provided by "any person having knowledge of the birth."

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrs200..._0338-0006.htm

Any non-parent could claim whatever they wanted and get a Hawaiian birth certificate for any child.
And still, the state issuing a birth certificate to someone born outside the United States, but stating on the birth certificate that the child was born in Honolulu would be falsifying information. You can't get around it, either this was a normal birth certificate issued via normal channels, ie, a birth in Honolulu, or a special application was made where the state would not have shown the birth as being in Honolulu.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:52 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
I haven't seen any legitimate evidence so far that would challenge that.

I do think it's possible that Obama does not want to release the long form because it contains some information that he finds personally embarrassing.
Circumcised, or circumscribed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies