Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 01:34 AM

1,179 posts, read 975,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
the Democrat controlled State of Hawaii....
The REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR and the state department. Get over it, you're wrong.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:56 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Obama was born in Honolulu.

John McCain on the other hand was born in Panama.
McCains's father was in the U.S.military, as John McCain has also served his country in the U.S. military. Obama did not serve in the military. I believe having served in the military should be mandetory for any U.S. president. Birthplace? We need to deal with what is happening now and stop with the birth certificate; it is the wrong energy.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:58 AM

1,179 posts, read 975,501 times
The Birthers have become the laughing stock of the country, you know it's bad with a loon like Glenn Beck mocks it.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:56 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
McCains's father was in the U.S.military, as John McCain has also served his country in the U.S. military. Obama did not serve in the military. I believe having served in the military should be mandetory for any U.S. president. Birthplace? We need to deal with what is happening now and stop with the birth certificate; it is the wrong energy.
And why do you think that it be mandatory for a POTUS to serve in the military?

Firstly, we aren't (supposed to be) some war centered Nation.

Secondly, compulsery service is unconstitutional to begin with.

Some of the finest Presidents did not serve in the military. The entire lsit is...

John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, Grover Cleveland, William Taft, Woodrow Wilson, Warren Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, Franklin Roosevelt, and Bill Clinton.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Obama was born in Honolulu.

John McCain on the other hand was born in Panama.
McCain was born in a naval hospital on a naval base, soveriegn US territory.

This makes MCain a natural born citizen.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
And 9/11 was perpetrated by the Repubicans, Elvis is alive and well, Hitler's head it being kept alive in Argentina, and the g'ment has been hiding aliens since the 1950's.

Hawaii continues to be controlled by Democrats regardless of your rusted, ritualistic illusions.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Please edit your post, as I never said I was one of those who believes he was not born in the US. This has nothing to do with my belief. I was correcting the assertion of someone who thougt people were calling President Obama an illigal immigrant.
Sorry, too late to edit.
I stand corrected.

Note to self: Don't post before coffee in the morning.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:36 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
What remote viewing mght look like:

http://www.cardsonque.com/cards/Crystal%20Ball.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-06-2010, 12:54 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
And why do you think that it be mandatory for a POTUS to serve in the military?

Firstly, we aren't (supposed to be) some war centered Nation.

Secondly, compulsery service is unconstitutional to begin with.

Some of the finest Presidents did not serve in the military. The entire lsit is...

John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, Grover Cleveland, William Taft, Woodrow Wilson, Warren Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, Franklin Roosevelt, and Bill Clinton.
It is my opinion (I believe) military servivce should be mandetory for the P.O.T.U.S.. In my opinion one of the duties of the office includes Commander in Chief. Experience is the best teacher. I hold high stock in our freedom and how we have had to maintain it. A person can receive all the advice in the world and try to make a good decision, but it will never make up for the real thing. We are a freedom centered Nation, unfortunately it is war that has kept us free (in my opinion). Happy New Year to you and yours!
P.S.
It's time to give up the birth certificate business.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Hawaii continues to be controlled by Democrats regardless of your rusted, ritualistic illusions.
Sorry to burst your little Black and White worldview, but I'm not a Democrat nor a Liberal.

The question of BHO's birthplace was brought up, and fully answered by the release of an official State document bearing an official State Seal, and that official State document further backed up by that State's governemnt as well.

The matter is settled, except for people who hate America and the Democratic Principles with which we elected our Representative, whiney babies who simply don't want to wait until the next election cycle to try and get their reps into office again.

Another thing I think Birthers either don't fully understand, or refuse to see, is that should your fantasy come true and Bamers is removed from office BIDEN would be POTUS. There would be no automatic switch over to the Republican candidate, there would be no emergency vote.

Of course you Birthers would LIKE Biden to be POTUS, and destroy this Nation further so you people can gather what's left of the political power in this shattered Nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies