Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why hasn't Beck filed numerous lawsuits against everything he claims are "Unconstitutional&quo
Because he's totally full of it that's why 34 87.18%
He will one day, you'll see! 2 5.13%
Don't know why, but you have a good point 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 02:56 PM

1,179 posts, read 972,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Now that you've taken your pot shots at conservatives, Beck, and now the tea partiers, do you want to discuss any facts or just continue to blab postings filled with hatred?

A constitutional claim in front of the Supreme Court would not survive a court challenge from you, Beck, or I, because citizens lack the legal jurisdiction to bring a constitutional challenge. Such challenges must be brought by state governors. This doesnt mean that it isnt unconstitutional, a claim just needs to be brought by individuals who have jurisidiction to file a claim..
Right, and Beck doesn't have the influence, nor does the GOP to get such a claim filed? Of course they do. The reason they do not is because their horse poo would be tossed out of court, that's why. The bottom line is that the GOP and their talking heads (morons like Beck) shout about it all day and do nothing. They do nothing because THEY'VE GOT NOTHING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 02:58 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,522,794 times
He is an entertainer and really could care less except for lining his pockets.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:59 PM

1,179 posts, read 972,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The real question should be.

If Glen Beck was wrong and lying then why haven't all those commi obamie friends SUED HIM for slander or something.

Beck has taken down 3 commi's by showing the facts.

What? You do not like facts and the truth?

Why would he file a lawsuit? he is winning ( or beating silly ) left wingers for ObamAcorn without a single damn shot fired!
Tells me he is owning Obama and his band of anti American misfits.
You're avoiding answering the question. Typical. Guess you can't handle the truth.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:01 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,040,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I'll go with "seminating disinformation" for a start.
...Alex.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:42 PM

353 posts, read 550,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
But they each involved constitutionality, which is what we're discussing. The point being, there is a process by which an ordinary citizen can challenge a law in court.
The point being is that you can't.
If you can, and I'm wrong, then by all means tell me and every one else how you go about challenging the constitutionality of laws passed by the federal government as an "ordinary citizen".

Old 01-06-2010, 03:48 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,426,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Fairy tales aren't solid grounds for litigation, but nice try anyway.

(A liberal would see the above as humorous. A conservative sees the above, notices the word "fairy," and goes screaming down the street, "The gay agenda! The gay agenda!") HAHA
I didn't think of "gay agenda" until you wrote it. Proves the difference in liberal and conservative. LOL Also, your post makes absolutely no sense.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:52 PM

17,386 posts, read 11,903,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Correct, the OP doesnt even offer a valid reason and shows how pathetic the liberal hatred is against Beck..

The fact is that Beck lacks the jurisdictional authority to file the lawsuit, just like WE lack it as private citizens.

The STATES have to file a lawsuit against the Federal govt..

Have you liberals learned nothing in regards to individuals suing the govt?
Never let the facts get in the way of a good Glenn-bashing.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:06 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,426,140 times
Glenn Beck is Libertarian, he doesn't have much love for either party.

With activist judges we have by appointment now how can anything that Beck talks about be settled in court? The judge would probably find the constitution unconstitutional.

Beck's power is the people and he has proven it when he brings issues before them to protest, like the communists appointed by Obama. They got booted out didn't they? Why would Beck need to take it to court?

Old 01-06-2010, 04:07 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,226,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Why hasn't Glenn Beck filed numerous lawsuits against all the things he claim are "Unconstitutional" ?

Surely he has the capital required to begin litigation against everything he cries over each night? Why haven't the GOP jumped in to fund the legal team required to address these supposed assaults on our Constitution? What could the reason possibly be? What's holding them up?

Another poll that means nothing because we don't have enough choices. I put, don't know, but I do know. How often do you see entertainers or celebrities or even politicians for that matter file law suits? They don't. Does that answer your question?

NIta

Old 01-06-2010, 04:09 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,226,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great
test!

Lot of truth here!

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn`t buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for
everyone.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his
situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
(Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for
it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a
good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

Well I forwarded it to you so where does that put me?
forward it to me privately...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies