Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why hasn't Beck filed numerous lawsuits against everything he claims are "Unconstitutional&quo
Because he's totally full of it that's why 34 87.18%
He will one day, you'll see! 2 5.13%
Don't know why, but you have a good point 3 7.69%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
But they each involved constitutionality, which is what we're discussing. The point being, there is a process by which an ordinary citizen can challenge a law in court.
In order for you as a citizen to challenge a law in court, you need to show that you have been affected by it. Since the things that Beck claims is "unconstitutional", are not law, no one can challenge them in court.. NO ONE...

The only individuals that can challenge them after they become law are the states, who can challenge the laws based upon the grounds that the federal government exceeded their boundaries. If however you are thrown into jail for not buying insurance, then you have been affected by the law and then gain authority to sue.

Similar previous challenges uphold this, such as the Dismissal of the ACLU challenge to the US Spying laws amont many others..

Dismissal Of ACLU Challenge To Unconstitutional Spying Law Jeopardizes Americans' Privacy | American Civil Liberties Union

You cant file a lawsuit claiming a law is unconstitutional, if indeed its not a law..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 06:07 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
In order for you as a citizen to challenge a law in court, you need to show that you have been affected by it. Since the things that Beck claims is "unconstitutional" are not law....
That's also kinda the point...

Old 01-06-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
So back to the OP, why doesn't Beck start the action? He could be the conservatives' greatest hero in decades. What is Beck afraid of? Losing? Looking like an loser idiot that preaches to losers?
I always love individuals who call Beck listeners "idiots" when discussing issues that you obviously have no clue about.

Remind me again how Beck can file a lawsuit claiming a non-law is unconstitutional? If you dont think people are waiting to file lawsuits against the healthcare bill, you're crazy... Lawsuits cant be filed against bills that are not law, and one needs jurisdiction to do so.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
how Beck can file a lawsuit claiming a non-law is unconstitutional?
You are assuming that we accept your premise that everything Beck cries about is not a law. I guess we should just take your word on it right? Surely it would be easier for you to get your point across I suppose.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
You are assuming that we accept your premise that everything Beck cries about is not a law. I guess we should just take your word on it right? Surely it would be easier for you to get your point across I suppose.
Actually, since its you who started the thread, then its YOU who needs to list things that Beck claimed is "unconstitutional" and a law, not a proposed one. Can you name ONE, or is this just another "I hate Beck" thread without anything to back it up?

I mean you did ask us to take YOUR word on it without listing ANYTHING Beck claimed is unconstitutional.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:30 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Another poll that means nothing because we don't have enough choices. I put, don't know, but I do know. How often do you see entertainers or celebrities or even politicians for that matter file law suits? They don't. Does that answer your question?

NIta
Well, politicians try to make laws and change laws. Are you saying Glenn is a shallow ex-DJ entertainer who doesnt actually care about the things he cries over on TV?

Old 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Actually, since its you who started the thread, then its YOU who needs to list things that Beck claimed...
Nice try, but the crux of your argument is that nothing Beck is crying about is yet law. You are unable to prove this (probably due to the sheer number of things he is moaning about on a daily basis) so therefore your point is without merit. The burden of proof is on you, since you are the one making the claim.

Furthermore, even if I were to accept your argument, then it would also prove my point: That Beck is playing to the crowd, crying over things that were never law or a threat to the "American he grew up in" to begin with.

Either option means he is full of it, take your pick.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Nice try, but the crux of your argument is that nothing Beck is crying about is yet law. You are unable to prove this (probably due to the sheer number of things he is moaning about on a daily basis) so therefore your point is without merit. The burden of proof is on you, since you are the one making the claim.

Furthermore, even if I were to accept your argument, then it would also prove my point: That Beck is playing to the crowd, crying over things that were never law or a threat to the "American he grew up in" to begin with.

Either option means he is full of it, take your pick.
Actually, the only argument that I've heard Beck claim is "unconstitutional" is the healthcare bill, which is not law. Since you seem to be making the claim that Beck claims other things are "unconstitutional", but yet you failed to list them... you FAILED... I have no burden of proof to prove Beck hasnt made other claims, I didnt start the thread, and I'm not about ready to prove a double negative.. YOU need to prove that he's made other such claims since YOU are claiming he did...

Does Beck play to his crowed, only a fool would claim he doesnt.. HE IS A TALK SHOW HOST... Name one that doesnt...

And since you cant name one LAW, that you claim Beck calls "unconstitutional", I'd say Beck isnt the one who's full of it.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:20 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,002 times
Quote:
feel my man, or woman, what ever the heck you may be, we still have room for a good person on our side, but you have to learn our president is a corrupt spineless Chicago thug...! Once your understand the truth, you can be of help getting rid of the loser. There is still time for you to repent. God understands you, so we will work with you and help you, you don't need to forever be a democratic loser, you can become an honorable person, even after supporting the slum lord. We know people make mistakes, but you can still do the right thing...

Old 01-06-2010, 07:23 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
feel my man, or woman, what ever the heck you may be, we still have room for a good person on our side, but you have to learn our president is a corrupt spineless Chicago thug...! Once your understand the truth, you can be of help getting rid of the loser. There is still time for you to repent. God understands you, so we will work with you and help you, you don't need to forever be a democratic loser, you can become an honorable person, even after supporting the slum lord. We know people make mistakes, but you can still do the right thing...
Who takes comments like that seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies