Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:59 PM

269 posts, read 294,952 times

Advertisements

Ah yes, if Obama messes up, blame Bush! Seriously, how long is MSNBC going to keep up this stint? Her ratings have gone in the toilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 01:05 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,448,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Since when do moderates associate their views with the likes of Rachel Maddow?
I like her - she's dead on. I respect her educational background and I believe she knows what she's talking about. That said, I know her perspective and therefore take it for what it is. Is there a certain channel or commentator that a moderate is supposed to listen to? I'm sorry I must have missed the memo.

I listen to everyone equally, understanding their leanings fully and make my own judgement.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:35 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,905,997 times
So Bush and Cheney are idiot politicians. Wow, what revelations. I never would have guessed. <sarcasm> Glad I watched that video </sarcasm>

Yeah, Bush and Cheney are idiots. Here's the problem Rachel. Last time I checked, it was 2010. Last time I checked Obama is now in office. Why are we you and the left caring so much on what Cheney says? I certainly could not give a rat's a## on what Cheney says.

How about this? Why don't we discuss how to make security better instead of this constant 6 year old argument of "Well. Bush did this. Cheney said that. Obama sucks."

The terrorists (say it with my Obama*) are laughing their a$$es off at us right now because we're so pathetic in focusing on what the problem really is. It's not about how the "Republicans are playing their hand" Rachel, it's how do we prevent another bomber from boarding a plane. This isn't a political game, Rachel, this is about people's security and lives. Obama is in charge right now (I guess, hard to tell), so that's why we're talking about him and not Cheney.

--------------------------
* Yeah, Rachel, Google up 6 sound bites of Obama saying "terror" while most of the time he says "extremist"

Old 01-06-2010, 02:40 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,418,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
So Bush and Cheney are idiot politicians. Wow, what revelations. I never would have guessed. <sarcasm> Glad I watched that video </sarcasm>

Yeah, Bush and Cheney are idiots. Here's the problem Rachel. Last time I checked, it was 2010. Last time I checked Obama is now in office. Why are we you and the left caring so much on what Cheney says? I certainly could not give a rat's a## on what Cheney says.

How about this? Why don't we discuss how to make security better instead of this constant 6 year old argument of "Well. Bush did this. Cheney said that. Obama sucks."

The terrorists (say it with my Obama*) are laughing their a$$es off at us right now because we're so pathetic in focusing on what the problem really is. It's not about how the "Republicans are playing their hand" Rachel, it's how do we prevent another bomber from boarding a plane. This isn't a political game, Rachel, this is about people's security and lives. Obama is in charge right now (I guess, hard to tell), so that's why we're talking about him and not Cheney.

--------------------------
* Yeah, Rachel, Google up 6 sound bites of Obama saying "terror" while most of the time he says "extremist"
D'uh. She cares about what Cheney says because the rest of the media -- including Fox News -- care about what he says. He's getting news coverage, his blathering is being shown in clips, people are writing about what he says. Why would you expect that Maddow not have something to say about his comments when everyone else does?

Old 01-06-2010, 02:45 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,082,097 times
Obama is taking a major tongue-lashing over this latest terror attack. I guess MSNBC considers it their duty to defend this Administration from that tongue-lashing. When the POTUS and his Administration drop the ball, shouldn't liberals be equally upset? It just goes to show that ideology takes precedent over real life sometimes. MSNBC has tuned in to that ridiculous ideology and are profiting from it, which just perpetuates the idiocy. Fox could probably be described the same way, except Fox is doing the right thing by calling this Administration out for its fallacies.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:58 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,631,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yes, I imagine her education would make O'Reilly feel very insecure.
Funniest quote of the decade....She couldn't carry O'Reilly's jock strap on her best day. If she had any credibality, she would be on FOX...!

Old 01-06-2010, 03:01 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,535,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
She couldn't carry O'Reilly's jock strap on her best day.
I can say with absolute certainty that she would not want to.

Quote:
If she had any credibality, she would be on FOX...!

Old 01-06-2010, 03:16 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,418,501 times
Quote:
Funniest quote of the decade....She couldn't carry O'Reilly's jock strap on her best day. If she had any credibality, she would be on FOX...!
Get a clue. She's an unabashed liberal and would work for Fox News on a dare.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:46 PM

14,465 posts, read 11,245,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
So you disagree with her that Bush/Cheney tried zacarias moussaoui and richard reid in civilian court, and that Bush did not comment on richard reid for 6 days afterward?
Richard Reid was arrested for "interfering with a flight crew by means of physical intimidation". He was arraigned three days after the incident on that charge at the Boston Federal Courthouse. It took several more days before it was ascertained that he was trying to light his shoe as a part of a terrorist attack.
You can certainly blame the Federal Authorities to some extent for taking that long to figure out the situation but a shoe bomb was apparently not something that was on their radar.
This incident also took place only 3 months after 9/11 and he may have been trying to be extra cautious about scaring the public.

Moussaoui was in the US for at least a year before 9/11. Actually on American soil taking flight lessons.

Hey, Cheney doesn't like what Obama is doing and he has a right to say what he wants.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:50 PM

14,465 posts, read 11,245,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
I like her - she's dead on. I respect her educational background and I believe she knows what she's talking about. That said, I know her perspective and therefore take it for what it is. Is there a certain channel or commentator that a moderate is supposed to listen to? I'm sorry I must have missed the memo.

I listen to everyone equally, understanding their leanings fully and make my own judgement.
I don't know when the segment aired but most of what she said was all over the blogosphere and it was authored by others.

Think Progress » Cheney Joins Hypocritical Attacks On Obama’s ‘Low Key Response’ To Failed Terrorist Attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies