Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:49 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Get a clue. She's an unabashed liberal and would work for Fox News on a dare.
Er.....dyslexia strikes again....

That should be "wouldn't work for Fox News on a dare."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Yep...count me as dumb. Especially if listening to her clap trap means you're smart. I'd rather be dumb.
You got it! It's official: you're dumb.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:04 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Correct.

Intelligent people watch MSNBC Rachel Maddow & the opposites watch Fox News' Glenn Beck.
See the difference?
Most of the intelligent people I know don't watch MSNBC, CNN, Fox or any of the MSM.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yes, I imagine her education would make O'Reilly feel very insecure.

Maddow was a Rhodes Scholar, and remained at Oxford for her doctorate. At least O'Reilly went to college, but he could only wish to be as intelligent and well-educated. You nailed it.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:29 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Never heard her before but what a shrill and condensing person. She actually looks like she has a broom handle jammed way up her rear end. Couldn't finish the clip. Yikes.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Never heard her before but what a shrill and condensing person. She actually looks like she has a broom handle jammed way up her rear end. Couldn't finish the clip. Yikes.
I guess I get how some people might find her condescending (though not "condensing" ) but shrill? Shrill I don't get. High pitched and unpleasant? Really? I think she has a lovely voice.

And since when is good posture a bad thing?

Old 01-07-2010, 09:32 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Is that why her ratings beat FOX?
says more about the fox viewership than maddow's ...

Old 01-07-2010, 09:36 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,455,817 times
did anyone catch her show last night? I was changing channels around 9 PM and caught the beginning, where she had a very interesting interview with Ron Paul. I found him very well spoken, explained his platform well and Rachel fully respected him and his point of view. SO....how often does that happen on say Glenn Beck's show?

I will add that he did say he felt that some in the tea party movement were taking out their anger inappropriately and were hurting the movement. Thought the whole interview was very interesting.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post

did anyone catch her show last night? I was changing channels around 9 PM and caught the beginning, where she had a very interesting interview with Ron Paul. I found him very well spoken, explained his platform well and Rachel fully respected him and his point of view. SO....how often does that happen on say Glenn Beck's show?

I will add that he did say he felt that some in the tea party movement were taking out their anger inappropriately and were hurting the movement. Thought the whole interview was very interesting.
I saw it and also thought it was great. Rachel is always, always, respectful to her guests, even when she's giving a couple of them the what-for (the gay conversion guy, for instance).

Rachel Maddow Show - Ron Paul Interview - 01-06-2010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies