Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:07 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Truman understood the security of the country stops with him. I did not see him blame anyone for those issues. the left was happy to blame Bush for 911, however now they say its not the presidents fault. when you want to be fair , then stop showing partisanship in a national security issue.
As I have stated if th Obama team now has corrected the issue and we have no other attacks on his watch I'm willing to give him the credit.
Lemme see, so when MacArthur was busily baiting the Chinese, was Truman telling the Chinese, "yo, blame me, this is all my doing, I'm the one dogging you guys, you know, the buck stops here." Or did he fire MacArthur?

Should we blame Truman for the red-baiting? Do you? That certainly would be a national security issue, don't you think?

I'm glad you will give Obama credit for trying to fix things when mess-ups happen, because there will always be enemies of this country who will find weaknesses and exploit them. We can try to find the weaknesses ourselves, but we won't find all of them, mess-ups are going to occur, and dealing with the mess-ups is how you should measure the President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 01:11 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
Oh BS. If he has appointed people to agencies below him to thwart terrorism, he has every right to rely on them. The Buck stops there, and if they failed to do their job they should be replaced. The mystery is why he has not fired them and instead has chastized them.
so blame Bush for 911 when he was sin office for 12 months, but do not blame Obama for two attacks in 12 months in office. we see he can not discuss without partisanship

Old 01-07-2010, 01:25 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
I'm so sick of all this disingenuous, history-forgetting frothing that people keep spewing about the current state of terrorism versus that which we suffered under over the last 10 years.

Not only did dear ol' Dick forget that 9/11 happened on Bush's watch, and that the mastermind was tried and convicted in a Federal court, but he also neglects to even mention the anthrax terrorism and the DC Sniper, which are similar to the Fort Hood shootings, except that they extended over lengthy periods without any clue who was causing them, creating long-term fear for everyone in our nation.

He also doesn't seem to be aware, or intentionally omits the fact that during Bush's 2 terms, his administration successfully prosecuted -- IN U.S. COURTS -- 195 terror suspects.

Terrorism and terrorist plots have been ongoing for more than 10 years, and so far, President Obama hasn't responded to them any differently than the Bush Administration did, with the one exception of closing the POW camp at GITMO that's been engendering more hate against us.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:58 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,532 times
Quote:
so blame Bush for 911 when he was sin office for 12 months, but do not blame Obama for two attacks in 12 months in office. we see he can not discuss without partisanship
I don't blame either, that's the point-I don't blame the President unless he has specific information and ignores it. I'm an independent by the way, and have voted for Dems and Repubs. I vote for the best person and not along party lines.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I don't blame either, that's the point-I don't blame the President unless he has specific information and ignores it. I'm an independent by the way, and have voted for Dems and Repubs. I vote for the best person and not along party lines.
I respect your fairness. I must admit I ma the opposite no matter who is the president , he/she by the constitution is responsible for national security. someone has to be in charge and I do not think the person that is should blame the underlings. or if he does find fault with them, then fire them. by doing that the president still can show he is in charge

Old 01-07-2010, 02:47 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
I have never blamed Bush for 9/11. Invading Iraq unnecessarily, yes. 9/11, no.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
One of the great things about the United States is that as we elect new leaders we been able to transition the power from one leader to another without interruption. The continuity of government is something that other countries strive for, but that we have managed time after time after time. That means, though, that when a new President comes into office, the policies and procedures of the previous President are not tossed out the door. We don't start at square one every time a new President takes office.
Obama may be President. But he doesn't have to take the blame when the secretary in the American embassy in London forgets to order copy paper and they run out. And Truman would have laughed his a-- off if blamed him for someone else's errors. The buck stops here is not an assumption of responsibility for every single action the government takes, it's about personal responsibility. Truman assumed responsibility for his actions, and noted the depth and range of power he had as President of the United States.
Unlike you give President Obama the credit for knowing and saying the buck stopped with him. Your inability and everyone else who argued the buck did not stop with him fail to understand on national security does stop with the president. that shows a blind partisanship that inhibits your ability to see the truth.
Obama agreed with me the buck stopped with him, now lets see what he does to protect the country

Last edited by wjtwet; 01-08-2010 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: typis

Old 01-08-2010, 03:48 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Many question if Obama truely wants to protect the U.S. citizens. Seems he is more interested in coddling the terrorist.

The US has a traitor alright and most think it is the person in the POTUS seat.

Most of what? Tin-foil hat wearing sheeple?

Old 01-08-2010, 06:09 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
I'm as partisan as the next guy but Morris is taking one hell of a cheap shot here. Terrorism never went away. Blaming the recent attacks on Obama is gratuitous and just plain inaccurate. Debate the approach Obama has put forward, especially trying terrorists in civilian courts with full Constitutional protections because that's a legitimate criticism. That policy is just plain wrong. But to out and out blame Obama for Ft. Hood and the BVD bomber is way off base and it only serves to detract from legitimate arguments against this administration.

Obama has set the tone as POTUS to policy regarding his "non war"
he has not said much else about Ft Hood, he said, knowing, this latest attack was not a "lone wolf" was just someone working on their own.
Of course he is responsibile, he has made the appointments of who is supposed to be covering our security.
How can we trust him when he is all smoke and mirrors?
He has threatened our CIA with prison, what the hell does he expect them to do?? Obama is so scared of insulting someone he can not do his job.
Every one wants us to be safe, but anyone with half a brain cell can see we will be hit and yes, I blame Obama and his hacks,and hinchmen,his congress and house.
He said yesterday "we are at war" REALLY Me President???
He has only been in office for a frigging year.
He said we are at war with violence and hate??? Really, Mr President???
We have violence and hate here.
I will shut up because my head is spinning

Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Oh BS. If he has appointed people to agencies below him to thwart terrorism, he has every right to rely on them. The Buck stops there, and if they failed to do their job they should be replaced. The mystery is why he has not fired them and instead has chastized them.
I agree....some really stupid people seem to expect Obama to actually man the scanners and security checkpoints at every airport

I also agree he should've had people fired....there are plenty of other people who need jobs and can take their place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies