Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:40 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times

Advertisements

Another Obama lie to forward his political agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 11:45 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
The AQAP "Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula" group was not responsible for the USS Cole.

IT'S STILL AL QAEDA!!!!!!! IT'S STILL BIN LADEN'S CREW!! GITMO DIDN'T CAUSE THEM TO ATTACK!

SEVENTEEN people died and 39 were injured in an attack on the American guided missile destroyer, USS Cole, in Aden harbour, Yemen, on October 12, 2000.
While the ship was refuelling offshore, a small craft with two men on board - presumed to be suicide bombers - approached the ship and exploded. The small boat is believed to have been packed with 400-700 pounds of explosives, and the blast blew a 40-foot hole in the side of the USS Cole.
In the months since the bombing, there was been growing evidence that the attack had been orchestrated by Usama bin Laden's al-Qa'ida network.
The reports on these pages were compiled by al-bab.com in the aftermath of the bombing and during the early stages of the investigation.
The attack
The bomb
The motive
The investigation

Yemen and the US
The suspects

Bin Laden

Attack on the USS Cole

Old 01-06-2010, 11:46 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,766,078 times
Quote:
IT'S STILL AL QAEDA!!!!!!! IT'S STILL BIN LADEN'S CREW!! GITMO DIDN'T CAUSE THEM TO ATTACK!
So true. Why are people so daft? Stockholm Syndrome?

Old 01-06-2010, 11:51 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Does the far left actually believe Americans are to stupid to understand geography, the proximity of Somalia and Yemen with only the Gulf of Aden between them, and think we would actually believe there has been no travel of Al-Qaeda across the gulf, across the straights, and between the two countries except AFTER Gitmo was used to detain enemy combatants (a.k.a. Islamic jihad terror suspects)?

Not all of us are progressive-bots that can be led blindly around by the nose by throwing propaganda and entitlements in our direction.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:53 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,766,078 times
I guess a new chapter, Al Qaeda in the Gulf, will emerge once Gitmo is closed and they move to Illinois.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:53 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,778,510 times
Quote:
The AQAP "Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula" group was not responsible for the USS Cole.
Let me see if I understand this properly.

The Cole bombers were Al Qaeda.

They were in the Arabian peninsula.

But they were not Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

Got it.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:49 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Quote:
Geezus Acorn, ,can't you get any topic right?

"Obama is saying that Al Qaeda did not exist on the Arabian Peninsula before we started putting the worst of the terrorists into Gitmo???"
They didn't? What about the attacks on Saudi Arabia in the 90's?

What about the attack on the USS Cole?

These are the kinds of ridiculous and ling comments that the press gives him a pass on.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:51 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Quote:
AQ is AQ, wherever they reside and plot. Now, obama and the Left want to distinguish different sects of AQ?

I think not.

This is spin taken to an even higher level than usual. I mean, can the Left ever admit that obama is wrong about something?

Old 01-09-2010, 11:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Yes, I thought it was a joke by some overheated blogger when I first saw this claim. But the text of Obama's speech yesterday, as found on the official White House website, shows it's accurate.

What on Earth is going on here?

Let me get this straight.

Obama is saying that Al Qaeda did not exist on the Arabian Peninsula before we started putting the worst of the terrorists into Gitmo???

Remind me again, which country did most of the 9/11 hijackers come from?

And how many terrorists had we put into Gitmo before they perpetrated the 9/11 attacks?

On a hopefully-unrelated note, I see where Nancy Pelosi announced yesterday that Congress's work on the Health Care bills has been the most open and transparent process ever.

(shaking head in bewilderment)

Do these people in Washington exist in some parallel universe somewhere?
And these aren't small, irrelevant bloggers on some BBS playing with their computers. These are the TWO HIGHEST ELECTED OFFICIALS IN THE U.S. GOVERNMENT saying these things... and they are serious!

Am I the only one who finds this going far beyond "alarming"?
Ever thought that the President of the United States of America might just be privy to information you do not, no I doubt you did.
Casper

Old 01-09-2010, 11:47 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,228,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama Jan. 5, 2010
"The Urgency of Getting This Right" | The White House

"But make no mistake: We will close Guantanamo prison, which has damaged our national security interests and become a tremendous recruiting tool for al Qaeda. In fact, that was an explicit rationale for the formation of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula."

-Barack Obama
Effin whiner.

It's just a bassackward way of blaming it on Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies