Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 03:46 PM

857 posts, read 2,002,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Yes, it is sad that congress is ignoring a majority of the country. Hope everybody shows up at the next election and brings their good neighbors. Leave the bad neighbors at home.
um, you do know that majority means over 50%, right?

regardless. It is not congress' job to 'listen to the majority'. It is their job to vote on legislation according to what they believe are the best interests for the country. YOU are supposed to elect the ones that you think best represent YOU.

Hence, why we are in 2 wars that the majority of the country did not want.

You win some, you lose some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 03:50 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
Those poor, misunderstood teabaggers....it's just too much! (sob)

Old 01-06-2010, 03:55 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
check back after the 2010 elections. the dems are already starting to drop out.to scared of the word defeated after thier names.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:59 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
ha!
ultra right-wing teabaggers taking a cue from the lefty unions and striking b/c their constitution isn't working out for them.

Teabaggers: Maybe you should read more than just the 2nd amendment.

Too good...
Maybe you should refrain from using a vulgarity (twice), and instead try and actually think for once. "Their" Constitution is also your Constitution. And we're not angry because it isn't "working out", but because our politicians are attempting to render it useless. The same could happen to liberals, but they're too busy giggling about using dirty words to see that.

Too pathetic.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:12 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
"Tea Party activists are frustrated that despite a huge turnout over the last year Congress is ignoring them," says Hardage, who is national operations director for the planned strike. [/url]
What is this "huge turnout over the last year" they're talking about???

20 Neo-cons drinking Starbucks on a street corner with signs that say "honk if you support the troops" is hardly a "huge turnout"...

Old 01-06-2010, 04:22 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
I am a recovering Tea-Bagger. I gave up on them when they abandoned their original idea, and turned into a Republican rally and Obama-hate group. Now they are trying to take down private businesses and put regular hard working people out of their jobs. The hell with them. They claim to represent something, but their tactics are turning into those of radical commies.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:22 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Yes, it is sad that congress is ignoring a majority of the country. Hope everybody shows up at the next election and brings their good neighbors. Leave the bad neighbors at home.
you think teapartiers are the majority? LMAO

Old 01-06-2010, 04:33 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am a recovering Tea-Bagger. I gave up on them when they abandoned their original idea, and turned into a Republican rally and Obama-hate group. Now they are trying to take down private businesses and put regular hard working people out of their jobs. The hell with them. They claim to represent something, but their tactics are turning into those of radical commies.
how are they trying to take down private bus or put hard workers out of thier jobs.you just described me and i support the teaparty movement

Old 01-06-2010, 04:41 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
I thought striking was just for those commie leftist pinko bastards.

Amazing how things are all right if they do it, but hideously evil if anyone else dares to.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:57 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
"Tea Party activists are frustrated that despite a huge turnout over the last year Congress is ignoring them," says Hardage, who is national operations director for the planned strike. "The question is that if the elected officials ignore you, what do you do to exercises your right to self-governance? So we decided to hold a National Day of Strike where we go after the large donors of the people pushing this radical agenda."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Tea Party groups plan ’strike’ « - Blogs from CNN.com
My, you have been busy! This is the fourth thread you started today, and I haven't even finished going through the list of threads!

But, what does CNN know about the Tea Paty movemen? They haven't covered it. They are liberals.

I submit, whatever CNN says about it, they are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies