Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 04:24 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Let me get this out there now...

Sometime in the near future, look for legislation on Universal Voter Registration - or it may be hidden in some other nice sounding legislation.

From John Fund...

In January, Chuck Schumer and Barney Frank will propose universal voter registration. What is universal voter registration? It means all of the state laws on elections will be overriden by a federal mandate. The feds will tell the states: 'take everyone on every list of welfare that you have, take everyone on every list of unemployed you have, take everyone on every list of property owners, take everyone on every list of driver's license holders and register them to vote regardless of whether they want to be...'

What the Dems know that we don't: Universal Voter Registration

Here's more voter food for thought.

George Soros has a plan (funded by gov't) to capture as many Secretaries of State (in the 50 states) as possible because they are responsible for counting the votes. They are gearing up for the 2012 elections by getting more of their people in place in the 2010 elections.

The three he is endorsing is Mark Ritchie (Minn.), Debra Bowen (CA), and Jocelyn Benson (Mich.)

Their people are currently in Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, and West Virginia.

The Secretary of State Project

Soros Eyes Secretaries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 04:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Yep. Republicans prefer to make voting difficult. Anything that increases voter registration numbers decreases their chances of winning elections.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie99 View Post
here it comes folks, rigged elections right from the Soros playbook.
Increasing voter registration is equivalent to rigging an election?

Old 01-06-2010, 04:36 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
here it comes folks, rigged elections right from the Soros playbook.
I assume by "rigged" you mean, making it easier for people to have a voice in the process.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:41 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
God, don't you ever get a nose bleed from all that Republican spin? Universal Voter Registration should be welcomed by everyone, especially all the Acorn hating squirrels on this site. How about reading something creditable on the topic: Voter Registration Modernization | Brennan Center for Justice (http://www.brennancenter.org/content/resource/universal_voter_registration_draft_summary/ - broken link)

Old 01-06-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
you obviously do not know what this is about. It is about planting their people in the vote counting positions in order to let false registrations get counted and possibly more than once to boot. You should educate yourself before you blindly accept George Soros meddling with our voting system. Do you even know who he is and what he stands for? I highly doubt it.
More conservative paranoia. So typical. To a large number of conservatives, everything is a conspiracy against them - even a voter registration drive. I pity them.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:45 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
I guess making sure all of those who are constitutionally protected rights to vote are registered is rigging an election.

I guess we have to make sure only those folks with money can vote.

Go America, protecting ourselves with emotionally dramatic propaganda against our own freedoms & rights.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:50 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
you obviously do not know what this is about. It is about planting their people in the vote counting positions in order to let false registrations get counted and possibly more than once to boot. You should educate yourself before you blindly accept George Soros meddling with our voting system. Do you even know who he is and what he stands for? I highly doubt it.
I guess you mean his multimillion donation in efforts to defeat GW in 2004. I am real sorry that effort failed.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:52 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Increasing voter registration is equivalent to rigging an election?
Seems a lot easier for ACORN to engage in voter fraud when you register people who do not vote.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Seems a lot easier for ACORN to engage in voter fraud when you register people who do not vote.
Ah, yes, when all else fails, say "ACORN", even when it's irrelevant to the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies