Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I wasn't going to take the time to watch it, but I'm glad I did. Very powerful, very direct. First part of it almost made me want to cry. I FELT the pain of dashed hopes. Even if those who voted for Obama won't openly admit it, I'm sure there are many who must feel a sense of betrayal.

Pelosi's face is the same look I saw yesterday on TV in a clip where she dismisses a question about C-span and Obama's promises of transparency by saying, with a shrug, "There are many things that are promised on the campaign trail", as if they are of no consequence. They would be, for a man of his word.

Why might the video not be on youtube for long? Is there a way to download and save this video?
I think this video is very powerful, but don't see that aiming it at Democrats alone is very good. I agree with Glenn Beck, once again, in his saying yesterday that Republicans aren't, and haven't accomplished a lot for us. He talked bad about Congress and never mentioned either party in his talk. I don't think that makes us libertarian but just that we don't like the Congress our nation has elected and allowed to go off the deep end too many times.

The first man who suggested that this may not remain on YouTube much longer said that because we have seen things jerked, usually for political pressure. Oh yes, it has happened under the cover of other pressures.

Nancy's face, when she said those words, was one of the ugliest sights I have seen lately. She has to be put out of that chair she has been in for 3 years doing all that transparent governing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 03:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I wasn't going to take the time to watch it, but I'm glad I did. Very powerful, very direct. First part of it almost made me want to cry. I FELT the pain of dashed hopes. Even if those who voted for Obama won't openly admit it, I'm sure there are many who must feel a sense of betrayal.

Pelosi's face is the same look I saw yesterday on TV in a clip where she dismisses a question about C-span and Obama's promises of transparency by saying, with a shrug, "There are many things that are promised on the campaign trail", as if they are of no consequence. They would be, for a man of his word.

Why might the video not be on youtube for long? Is there a way to download and save this video?
I felt exactly as you southward bound, the pain that some are feeling, and despair. The pain of hopes diminishing. Pelosi seems to dismiss a lot of things, she thinks she can explain. I am sure some feel betrayed. I would like to see this video, on our TV STATIONS at night. Never Happen though.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I felt exactly as you southward bound, the pain that some are feeling, and despair. The pain of hopes diminishing. Pelosi seems to dismiss a lot of things, she thinks she can explain. I am sure some feel betrayed. I would like to see this video, on our TV STATIONS at night. Never Happen though.
Only Fox News would have the guts to run something like that and they are slipping toward something else lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies