Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:18 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,505,335 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmkXmE9XGec

THIS WAS HILARIOUS!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 12:26 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,807,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Well I have to admit I love my fried chicken, although I only eat it probably 4-5 times per year, because I prefer baked foods-but why does fried chicken have to be linked to black people all the time. Plenty of people of all races eat fried chicken.

US Viewers Slam 'Racist' Aussie KFC Ad - Yanks are misinterpreting ad, says KFC
i had to argue this with my fellow american negros ALL MORNING that this ad was not racist
because none of the blacks in it were american they were all west indian blacks and that what stereotypes holdwater in the US does hold anywhere else because the fried chicken stereotype is american black thing not a negative stereotype..they dont have any because they are the majority in their societies.

only people who think fried chicken stereotypes hold water towards other black groups are nuts. now if that guy pulled out some jerk chicken then maybe.

lastly the commercial was not suppose to be aired in the UNITED STATES since the connotation of the video does not fit here in this country.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
This country has become to pc
the ad was not suppose to be aired here.. KFC did not give permission to air the ad in the US cause the ad fits the cricket scene in australia with west indian cricket players. the commercial would have been the same if it was pizza hut

Old 01-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
When I saw the ad I thought it was more based on the ongoing cricket rivalry between Australia and the West Indies than any thing racial.

thats what it was...nothing more..americans cannot use its sterepotypes and place them on others just cause they are black too

Old 01-07-2010, 12:32 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,762,118 times
Quote:
No I am not offended but how many people do you see jumping to the aid of a white person that is affected by racism?
Like who??? Neo-nazis and skinheads??? What white people are affected by racism??? We're helped by racism against others far more than the rare, rare occasion any of us is adversely affected by racism against us.

Quote:
But if something is said about a black person or a hispanic person or an asian person thats another story

Black pride is good
Hispanic pride is good
Asian is good
white proud = racist
That's because the only time ever in this nation's history when "white" people are lumped together as one big group is when they form racist groups like the neo-nazis, KKK, and other white supermacist groups.

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with Italian-American pride, Irish-American pride, etc. Furthermore, many, if not most, white ethnicities have been the targets of racism but not because they were white but rather because of their particular racism. The Italians, for example, were targeted by the other whites in America when they started coming in droves. They were called guineas, wops, ginzos, degos, etc. and plenty of people have stood up for them.

Quote:
This is my point in all of this.If a white person says jose is out for a taco the world is coming to an end and the white man must say sorry.

If a hispanic uses the n word which they do a lot its all good

If a white person uses the n word they are a racist and have to say sorry

Point being that some shouldnt get offended so easy. The white people dont get that offended but darn it make a joke or a comment about any other race and its racist.
If anyone uses the N word it's a problem, the exception being blacks, and even then it's a problem for them to use the word. I know of someone who was black and fired from work for using the N word at work.

White people do get offended and rightfully so when they are attacked, it's just that they're mostly attacked on their ethnicity than on just being "white".

Beyond that is the reality that most of the offensive talk against whites almost never translates to a real discrimination, whereas that kind of talk against blacks and hispanics usually comes with some form of other discrimination such as denying them a job, business, loans, etc. That's the reality, and if you don't know that then you're out of touch with reality.

That's why if I go car shopping and the car salesman calls me a "white boy" I know it's not going to affect my ability to buy a car, even with a sup-par credit score, because someone will approve me for a loan, but a black person who gets called the N word by a white car salesman is being told that he is basically trying to treat that black person the way they were treated for years in this nation, when they could be denied anything just for being black. If you don't understand this, then you are either very ignorant or you're just ignoring the reality to push some kind of agenda you have.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:34 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,819,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
the ad was not suppose to be aired here.. KFC did not give permission to air the ad in the US cause the ad fits the cricket scene in australia with west indian cricket players. the commercial would have been the same if it was pizza hut
Yes I know that

Old 01-07-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Sorry there is nothing racist about this. Its poking fun at a Rivalry between 2 countries in Cricket which is big over there

there not even poking fun they just show a aussie in the middle of west indian fans and pulls oout a bucket of KFC and starts eating..

Still in america that can be seen as offensive because of the negative stereotypes ppl use towards it. which is why that ad wasnt suppose to be played here. someone in the US needs to be fired for releasing that here

Old 01-07-2010, 12:42 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,940,768 times
I am a black woman who does not think this commercial is racist. If it were filmed in the US and there were a bunch of rowdy thugs playing rap who calmed down after being given a bucket of chicken, it would be racist but this is a different concept and culture. I think people are being hypersensitive.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:46 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,819,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
there not even poking fun they just show a aussie in the middle of west indian fans and pulls oout a bucket of KFC and starts eating..

Still in america that can be seen as offensive because of the negative stereotypes ppl use towards it. which is why that ad wasnt suppose to be played here. someone in the US needs to be fired for releasing that here
They are pocking fun at a rivarly in cricket matches between the 2 countries. The awkwardness of it is the white boy is in the middle of his rivels since hes a cricket player

So he pulls out the chicken to break the ice

So yes they are poking fun.

Kinda like a commercial here with Jeter and the deodorant commercial and hes walking out of fenway park

Old 01-07-2010, 12:48 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,346,079 times
Hey relax people its not like they are having black friday specials...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies