Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 10:04 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I said it before and I say it again. It was wrong for BOTH sides to do it.

It is not just Obama who is doing it. Give me a break. Bush did it too.

Look I am not insulting anyone. I don't care what they do. They're unimportant to me. If anything, I thank them for providing me with laughs.

Were you angry when the right were insulting Democrats who were protesting?
I dont remember Bush attacking those that protested him or didnt agree with him like this WH as.

Bush didnt start a war or say that msnbc wasnt a valid news source. I dont remember Bush going after code pink either.

I will defend anyone's right to protest even if I dont agree with the protest.

I will always defend what I think is right no matter who likes it ( example all the heat I took for telling people they shouldnt make jokes about M Jacksons death) I think I lost a friend over that to be honest. Oh well

Old 01-08-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
How strange. I am calling out all those (how did you put that?) stupid jackasses that are so racist and bigoted that they see the name hussein as insulting and disrespectful.
I believe you forgot idiot also

Just trying to be helpful

Old 01-08-2010, 10:09 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I dont remember Bush attacking those that protested him or didnt agree with him like this WH as.

Bush didnt start a war or say that msnbc wasnt a valid news source. I dont remember Bush going after code pink either.

I will always defend what I think is right no matter who likes it ( example all the heat I took for telling people they shouldnt make jokes about M Jacksons death) I think I lost a friend over that to be honest. Oh well
I agree. I defend the right to protest even if I think it is a stupid reason to do so. What I am trying to get at is that I do not believe for one minute that Bush did not say anything about liberal protesters. They were just not make public like Obamas statements were.

Whoa! you actually lost a friend over MJ? Are you like a dedicated fan?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I agree. I defend the right to protest even if I think it is a stupid reason to do so. What I am trying to get at is that I do not believe for one minute that Bush did not say anything about liberal protesters. They were just not make public like Obamas statements were.

Whoa! you actually lost a friend over MJ? Are you like a dedicated fan?
He didnt not that I heard or remember.

I dont remember Bush going after 1 news source that went after him by trying to discredit them. Sorry Did his camp have them moved or removed sometimes yeah but making comments to silence them no I cant remember him doing that

No I'm not a fan like that I just respect life and death that much. I dont think making jokes over death is something to laugh at or make jokes over. They felt I was defending a perv. I felt like I was defending a life not how he spent his life. It got heated

Old 01-08-2010, 10:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Wait, Bush didn't start a war? What about Iraq? Oh, that was unfinished business of his father's, right?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
How strange. I am calling out all those (how did you put that?) stupid jackasses that are so racist and bigoted that they see the name hussein as insulting and disrespectful.
His middle name is Hussein, isn't it? I wonder why all those bigoted people worry about people using that. Now when I call him Saint Barack of Hopenchange they have plenty of reason to get mad and many of them do get mad.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
His middle name is Hussein, isn't it? I wonder why all those bigoted people worry about people using that. Now when I call him Saint Barack of Hopenchange they have plenty of reason to get mad and many of them do get mad.
We've been over this many times before. Obama uses his first name, not his middle name. Also, dcwhatever doesn't capitalize "hussein"; she thinks she's being cute, but as soon as I reach that point in her posts, I stop reading. It's childish.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:02 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post

But Jill, we aren't required to be respectful. We're American's, being disrepectful is allowed.

I had no qualms about calling Bush-43 "Shrub" or "W" or "Bushie". I had -- have -- no respect for the man. Just like I was -- am -- not required to respect Bush, no one is required to respect Obama. We don't even have to pretend.
You misunderstand. They can be as obnoxiously disrespectful as they please. But don't intentionally be disrespectful and feign innocence! It's intentional. Own it. Don't pretend you mean no disrespect when you do mean disrespect. And everybody with more an one brain cell flopping around in an empty skull knows they mean disrespect.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:09 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
You misunderstand. They can be as obnoxiously disrespectful as they please. But don't intentionally be disrespectful and feign innocence! It's intentional. Own it. Don't pretend you mean no disrespect when you do mean disrespect. And everybody with more an one brain cell flopping around in an empty skull knows they mean disrespect.

LOL Who feigns ignorance? The whole point is to disrespect a man that deserves no respect period. hussein obama is the first president to openly disrespect th citizens he is supposed to represent. The bigger issue should be the bigots and racist who see the very name hussein as an insult and a terrorist.

i see no problem with anyone picking one of the many names hussein obama has used. Usually it is criminals that have so many alias.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:33 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
We've been over this many times before. Obama uses his first name, not his middle name. Also, dcwhatever doesn't capitalize "hussein"; she thinks she's being cute, but as soon as I reach that point in her posts, I stop reading. It's childish.
And the funny thing is that sometimes that particular user has something GREAT that I would like to discuss with her. But as you said, it kills it.

Very childish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies