Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:57 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,231,979 times

Advertisements

Seems more like how people used to refer to Eisenhower as "Ike" or Johnson as "LBJ". What other nickname would you give him?

Old 01-07-2010, 10:03 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,038,491 times
Bammy, maybe? We've got to top Dubya's list.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:11 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,434,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post

Seems more like how people used to refer to Eisenhower as "Ike" or Johnson as "LBJ". What other nickname would you give him?
Bull$$$$. Those men chose those as their preferred nicknames. Barack Obama hasn't gone by "Barry" since HIGH SCHOOL, which was THIRTY YEARS AGO.

Stop pretending it isn't an intentional way to denigrate our President by using a diminutive when you refer to him.

His name is Barack Obama. He goes byBarack Obama. Calling him anything else is knowingly disrespectful. If it is NOT your intention to BE disrespectful, then you would use HIS preferred name. Since you don't, your motives are transparent. You aren't fooling anyone.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:25 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,939,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Bull$$$$. Those men chose those as their preferred nicknames. Barack Obama hasn't gone by "Barry" since HIGH SCHOOL, which was THIRTY YEARS AGO.

Stop pretending it isn't an intentional way to denigrate our President by using a diminutive when you refer to him.

His name is Barack Obama. He goes byBarack Obama. Calling him anything else is knowingly disrespectful. If it is NOT your intention to BE disrespectful, then you would use HIS preferred name. Since you don't, your motives are transparent. You aren't fooling anyone.

Johnny Drama...is that you?

Old 01-07-2010, 10:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,246,376 times
Quote:

During the campaign of 2008 I very often referred to the man as Saint Barack of Hopenchange now that most of the hope has dissipated and the change has proved to be less than what most who voted for him "hoped" for I have dropped that one except for an occasional reference to his name and title.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:33 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,069,300 times
The name Barry doesn't bother me. It's the people who refer to him as "Hussein" and try to hide behind the "I'm just calling him by his middle name" to justify their prejudice.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:28 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,611,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
The name Barry doesn't bother me. It's the people who refer to him as "Hussein" and try to hide behind the "I'm just calling him by his middle name" to justify their prejudice.
My favorite is when people use a zero instead of an 'O'. 0bama... just a tad grade schoolerish. I tend to ignore people who use a persons name to be intentionally disrespectful...that includes 'Dubya' or The Shrub when used for Pres. Bush.

Although....I'm still quite partial to Caribou Barbie

Old 01-07-2010, 11:30 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,038,491 times
Quote:

The problem is YOU are ashamed of him. It is shame and anxiety about the man that you are trying to project onto me. Barry is the man's nickname. No different than using Mikey for Michael, Kev for Kevin or Tommy for Thomson. A self-claimed supporter of our President would feel anxiety over the use of Barry or Hussein due to their own conscious or unconscious prejudices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Then maybe its time to reclaim the use of his REAL MIDDLE NAME from the race baiters.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:38 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
The problem is YOU are ashamed of him. It is shame and anxiety about the man that you are trying to project onto me. Barry is the man's nickname. No different than using Mikey for Michael, Kev for Kevin or Tommy for Thomson. A self-claimed supporter of our President would feel anxiety over the use of Barry or Hussein due to their own conscious or unconscious prejudices.

LOL...sigh...honestly, you do realize that when someone uses barry or hussein it's an insult, right? I mean, I can't just be imagining that, right? You know why? Because it comes from our friends on the right. Barry, I don't really care about. But if you've noticed, one of our friends on here continues to use hussein as his name...a bit immature don't you think? Yes, I thought so as well. It's like calling Bush dubya...people call him that because they couldn't give a crap about him & that's their own way of insulting him.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:41 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,083,793 times
What a bunch of whiners! Cry me a river. I have my reasons for refering to this con man hussein obama by one of the many names he has used. When he respects America and the citizens of this country I may respect him. As it is, I doubt that will ever happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.