Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 07:32 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Nobody said you're required to be respectful (again, in contrast to the Republicans, who repeatedly said that we were all required to say "President Bush" and not "Bush" or even "Mr. Bush" when he was president.

We would appreciate it, though, if people who insist on calling the President "Hussein" or some other mocking name would at least stop lying about why they're doing it.
Admit it. You have a picture of Barry as your screen-saver don't you?

Old 01-08-2010, 07:34 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Nobody said you're required to be respectful (again, in contrast to the Republicans, who repeatedly said that we were all required to say "President Bush" and not "Bush" or even "Mr. Bush" when he was president.

We would appreciate it, though, if people who insist on calling the President "Hussein" or some other mocking name would at least stop lying about why they're doing it.
We do have to keep in mind that the names we use to refer to others reflects on us, not the person we are talking about.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:05 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,169 times
"I am rubber. You are glue"

Old 01-08-2010, 08:14 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
People aren't reacting to the name "hussein", they are reacting to the childish attempt made by the stupid jackass who says "hussein" in order to disrespect the man. They don't call him "hussein" simply because that's his name, they call him that out of disrespect. President Obama has referred to himself as "Barack Obama" the entire time during his campain. For anyone to call him anything other than "Barack" and/or "Obama" is clearly done intentionally to avoid calling him what he calls himself because they want to disrespect him.

If people still don't understand after I've explained it TWICE already, then they are either lying or really flipping stupid. My guess is it's about 50/50 with those people, they're half lying and half stupid.

I have never had such a good laugh since reading your rant. LOL I think it's pretty flipping stupid to lose yourself over a word or a name! I will continue to use hussein obama because that is the name I chose to use as hussein obama has randomly chosen what names he will use.

teabagger - hussein obama

hmmm which one is worse? One is comparing good and decent concerned citizens to a nasty gay sex act and the other is actually someone's real name.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:24 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I have never had such a good laugh since reading your rant. LOL I think it's pretty flipping stupid to lose yourself over a word or a name! I will continue to use hussein obama because that is the name I chose to use as hussein obama has randomly chosen what names he will use.
Horsecokkey. You choose to use "hussein obama" to be insulting, not simply because it's his name. Just own up to it. You're not fooling anyone, although you're fooling yourself if you think anyone's going to believe your explanation.

Quote:
teabagger - hussein obama

hmmm which one is worse? One is comparing good and decent concerned citizens to a nasty gay sex act and the other is actually someone's real name.
They're both insults. But here's the difference: Nobody is pretending that "teabagger" is not insulting because it is also a nasty sex act (not a gay only one, but I can see why you'd think so because it's used in reference to conservatives, who are mostly gay men); however, everyone who calls President Obama either "barry" or "hussein" is pretending that they only do it because "it's his name", and these idiots actually believe that others will believe that explanation.

Not to mention, "teabagger" is very appropriate for the tea party folks, because initially they had no tea parties but encouraged everyone to send TEA BAGS to Washington. Therefore they were TEA BAGGERS first. It was just delicious irony that they chose this for themselves.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-09-2010 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 01-08-2010, 08:24 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
And it will continue to reflect on you, not him.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:36 PM

Liberals calls conservatives and Christians every name in the book and lose their minds if they see hussein obama. Could they be more racist that they even see the name hussein and they automatically think terrorist. Could they be more racist or bigoted?

Old 01-08-2010, 08:39 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Quote:
Liberals calls conservatives and Christians every name in the book and lose their minds if they see hussein obama. Could they be more racist that they even see the name hussein and they automatically think terrorist. Could they be more racist or bigoted?
I am a Christian. As for the name Hussein, I have no problem with it any more than I would have with the name "McVeigh". However, I know that when a person goes by a certain variation or configuration of his name, it is disrespectful to go against it, especially when you don't like the person and it is done as a form of disrespect.

And then to lie about it, using the excuse "but it's HIS NAME", is equally childish and very unChristian.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I am a Christian. As for the name Hussein, I have no problem with it any more than I would have with the name "McVeigh". However, I know that when a person goes by a certain variation or configuration of his name, it is disrespectful to go against it, especially when you don't like the person and it is done as a form of disrespect.

And then to lie about it, using the excuse "but it's HIS NAME", is equally childish and very unChristian.

Are you comparing hussein obama to a man that killed hundreds by blowing up a building?

Old 01-08-2010, 08:44 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,169 times
ssssssssssstrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeetchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies