Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 11:06 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,337,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
I don't have an issue with any race. I only have issues with people---people who commit crimes, people who drain the healthcare system, people who leech off of welfare, and people who are nothing but a pest to society. And those people come in all colors and races.
But why would you mention all of that instead of how Puerto Ricans contribute to the nation culturally?

Old 01-08-2010, 11:09 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,717,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
But why would you mention all of that instead of how Puerto Ricans contribute to the nation culturally?
Because that was not in your original question. And Puerto Ricans are quite frankly no more special (or less special). than any other race in America. Its not about race. Its about actions.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:12 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,807,893 times
Quote:
There seems to be alot of discussion about races on this forum and I get the impression that some people don't like blacks or Mexicans very much. How about Puerto Ricans? We are a mixture of Spanish Europeans, Africans and native Americans. It seems that Ricans have a connection with blacks, whites and indians and are probably the most racially diverse.

Do American anglos dislike latinos from Puerto Rico? If so, why? Is it because we are part African and part European and part American?

falsetto

Old 01-08-2010, 11:18 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,337,855 times
Quote:
Because that was not in your original question. And Puerto Ricans are quite frankly no more special (or less special). than any other race in America. Its not about race. Its about actions.
I asked this:

"Do American anglos dislike latinos from Puerto Rico? If so, why? Is it because we are part African and part European and part American?"

And all you mention is this:

"people who drain the healthcare system, people who leech off of welfare, and people who are nothing but a pest to society"

Sounds a bit racist to me.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
I asked this:

"Do American anglos dislike latinos from Puerto Rico? If so, why? Is it because we are part African and part European and part American?"

And all you mention is this:

"people who drain the healthcare system, people who leech off of welfare, and people who are nothing but a pest to society"

Do you have selective reading or something? Please go read my post, the WHOLE post, again before calling me racist.

Do you have difficulty comprehending that it is not a person's race that defines them but rather their actions? A puerto rican criminal vs an Asian criminal is no different to me. They're both criminals and the scum of society.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
californio sur;12349951]There seems to be alot of discussion about races on this forum and I get the impression that some people don't like blacks or Mexicans very much.
oh really...

Quote:
How about Puerto Ricans? We are a mixture of Spanish Europeans, Africans and native Americans.
this is far from the truth, there are no living tainos period. and youer leaving out other groups as well. there has been immigration from europeans into puerto rico allowed by the spanish when spain still controlled the island.

all the immigration to puerto rico before the so called what it means to be puerto rican came in to place and all these people shaped the culture of puerto rico

A PUERTO RICAN OF GERMAN DESCENT
Dr. Brau, Salvador - historian, uncovered important information about how the Tainos lived and how they were treated harshly by the Spanish settlers

immigration to puerto rico - Search results - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Royal Decree of Graces of 1815 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
It seems that Ricans have a connection with blacks, whites and indians and are probably the most racially diverse.
makes no sense
Quote:
Do American anglos dislike latinos from Puerto Rico?
when u say anglo what do you mean, all white americans arent anglo either why do u think that?

Quote:
If so, why? Is it because we are part African and part European and part American?
smh, proove that every single puerto rican are part european and part american.. oh and what happen to the tainos this time i dont see them in the above quote

Old 01-08-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
i didnt see anything racist about it, what does nationality have to do with race anyhow

Old 01-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
i didnt see anything racist about it, what does nationality have to do with race anyhow
Sounds like someone has an inferiority complex to me

Old 01-08-2010, 11:34 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,607,981 times
I don't have a problem with any race or nationality or ethnicity or religion. I do have a problem with any person choosing to identify soley with one charicteristic above and beyond being an American citizen.
What I mean by that is, I don't like or even trust people who make a bigger deal out of one aspect of themselves then is warranted. White pride is a great example of this. How can one have pride in the lack of melatonin? Only wanting a certain race to be friends with or only wanting a certain race to hire or do business with is so incredibly shortsighted and self harming.
Luckily most people of all backgrounds are not like this. Sadly some are and yes, they come in all colors, ethnicities and religions. And that fact bears remembering.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:05 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,990,714 times
Quote:
I don't have an issue with any race. I only have issues with people---people who commit crimes, people who drain the healthcare system, people who leech off of welfare, and people who are nothing but a pest to society. And those people come in all colors and races.
And the number one color for people on Welfare is..............
WHITE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies