Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:53 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, "OMG, Obama didn't wear a jacket in the Oval Office", repeated ad nauseum, and the like.

First off, I never started any kind of thread about FOX. I rarely watch it. Secondly, you RWs hold people to your left (I am hardly a flaming liberal, ask my kids!) to a much higher standard than you practice yourselves. Many RWs come on here, asking the rest of us to call out our "side", when you rarely, if ever see that from the RW, and I could say NEVER from the specific posters who ask others to do so.
I am one of the posters you are talking about and Glenn Beck and I have been calling out a number of Republicans this week. Like the little old progrssive, Juan McCain and old Grahamnesty. There are others and Beck has called all of them out this week, unbeknownst to people who refuse to watch him. Try it, you might like it, Kat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
or my personal favorite as of today...."omg Obama hasn't said the word terrorist! he doesn't believe we are in a war!". which was so quickly disproven by a read through his inauguration speech. LOVE it. You can't make this stuff up.
Obama was still in complete campaign mode on coronation day and hasn't got far from it since that day. How many times have you heard him say terrorist? I can't think of one but he has called them all kinds of much gentler names in an attempt to placate them.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:57 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am one of the posters you are talking about and Glenn Beck and I have been calling out a number of Republicans this week. Like the little old progrssive, Juan McCain and old Grahamnesty. There are others and Beck has called all of them out this week, unbeknownst to people who refuse to watch him. Try it, you might like it, Kat.
No, you aren't one of those posters, roys. I just don't watch a lot of TV. I'm addicted to murder mysteries, and of late, to CD. I get my news from the local paper, NPR, and my local news channels. CNN and FOX have similar formats, in that they repeat stories over and over again ad infinitum.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
oh I don't "refuse" to watch Beck because of some "liberal conspiracy"...I have listened to him and I think he's certifiable. I don't need someone to tell me what to do, I make up my own mind. And I most certainly don't need to get a history lesson from him.
Where do you get your information about the progressive movement that did indeed start with Theodore Roosevelt? Are your sources dated before 1960? Mine had to be like that since my study of progressivism came in college in the 50s and some written in the 70s and there was considerable difference in those publications. Beck has been talking this week about what he got from the earlier books before progressives had taken over the writing of those books. Now it is your turn. Is you old or is you young.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, you aren't one of those posters, roys. I just don't watch a lot of TV. I'm addicted to murder mysteries, and of late, to CD. I get my news from the local paper, NPR, and my local news channels. CNN and FOX have similar formats, in that they repeat stories over and over again ad infinitum.
Kat, I wrote that for others knowing what your reply would be. Thanks for helping keep my faith in you.

How often do you hear Robert Gibbs squirm and lie like I am doing on Fox this very minute? He must have told a really big one for one of your local channels to carry it. I get to hear it every day on Fox.

I also wonder how you think the 24/7 news stations can make up enough real news every day to keep from repeating a lot of it. I hate them for this but I just can't find any movies worth watching and aside from sports and the old sitcoms I can watch daily on TVLand there just isn't much else. The present day sitcoms can't touch the Cosby Show or Sanford and Son for funny without sex or foul language.

This is my favorite time of year in that I love college basketball and it is just getting wound up. I like Fox for the next two hours because Martha McCollum is one of the best sounding, good looking women on TV. I love to hear her voice even though she tends to use inflections to show her right leaning ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies