Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 11:55 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
(Failing...Kumbaya...Now?) But beyond this guy's intepretation of the Bible, the secular question is, Is he above the law? That would drive law enforcement nuts... a challenge to everything it stands for.
It's all a question of jurisdiction based on defendant's status.

The law is not perfect - They can always try him "in rem" - hell, they think of him as a thing (person) anyway.

"IN REM, remedies. This technical term is used to designate proceedings or actions instituted against the thing, in contradistinction to personal actions which are said to be in personam. Proceedings in rem include not only judgments of property as forfeited, or as prize in the admiralty, or the English exchequer, but also the decisions of other courts upon the personal status, or relations of the party, such as marriage, divorce, bastardy, settlement, or the like. 1 Greenl. Ev. 525, 541."

His personal status is outside their jurisdiction, and they know it.

Only slightly off topic, is this email I just received:

Pastor's Business Card

A new pastor was visiting in the homes of his parishioners. At one house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door.

Therefore, he took out a business card and wrote 'Revelation 3:20' on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message, 'Genesis 3:10..'

Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke up in gales of laughter. Revelation 3:20 begins 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock.' Genesis 3:10 reads, 'I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid for I was naked.'

And of course there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqIQE...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 11:56 AM

757 posts, read 802,791 times
Hear hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boompa View Post
traitors who are ready to take up arms against the elected government because their party did not win the election should be shown no mercy

Old 01-09-2010, 12:30 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
What will you do about the traitor in the white house?
There is no traitor in the Whitehouse, just the President, his Family and staff. Now if some wackjobs were to try and force one of theirs in there as the new leader without any elections me and my 300 Mag just might drop by to say hello, I can reach out and say hello from a very long way so don't get to used to them
Casper

Old 01-10-2010, 11:43 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Oh pray tell. Is this a liberal calling for violence?
You Betcha!!

Old 01-10-2010, 11:48 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Is this the future life style of America? With so many right wing evangelical Americans either arming to the teeth ,or wanting to, it's easy to see this scenario played over and over in the near future.

"If your deputies come onto my property, bring body bags. Gray had perhaps 16 other people, including several grandchildren, living at his modest home and outbuildings at the time. Armed family members, including Gray's wife, Alicia, took turns patrolling the property. That worried authorities — so much so that even when Gray began skipping court appearances, they didn't go arrest him."

How to Avoid Another Waco: Keeping the Peace in 10-Year Standoff with Armed Family Compound | Rights and Liberties | AlterNet

Gee, I guess the best way to avoid another Waco would be for the feds to stop killing thier own citizens. That would be a good start.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:55 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Gee, I guess the best way to avoid another Waco would be for the feds to stop killing thier own citizens. That would be a good start.

I think Clinton and Bush were kinda jealous of Saddam Hussein.

I think that's why Bush had 'im kilt.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:55 PM

558 posts, read 818,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Traitors who are ready to take up arms against the elected government because their party did not win the election should be shown no mercy
A quick review of your posting history reveals that you've absolutely littered these P&OC threads with statements advocating the killing of people or that they be "shown no mercy." Waco, Ruby Ridge, McVeigh's response, armed crazy guy in mobile home...all these killings could be avoided. Let's look at the track record so far:

Waco - 25 children died - could have been avoided except for arrogance
OKC bombing - 19 children died - could have been avoided except for arrogance
Ruby Ridge - 1 child died - could have been avoided except for arrogance

Govt + Terrorists 45 / Children 0

Here's an idea, tough guy, why don't you either put your money where you mouth is and go do it yourself, or, share with us an idea that doesn't involve violence and dead children. I hope you sit in your armchair and choose the latter.

I apologize ahead of time for the mean spirit of my post, but I'm absolutely nauseated by the incessant advocation of violence on this forum.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:36 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,486,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheShell View Post
A quick review of your posting history reveals that you've absolutely littered these P&OC threads with statements advocating the killing of people or that they be "shown no mercy." Waco, Ruby Ridge, McVeigh's response, armed crazy guy in mobile home...all these killings could be avoided. Let's look at the track record so far:

Waco - 25 children died - could have been avoided except for arrogance
OKC bombing - 19 children died - could have been avoided except for arrogance
Ruby Ridge - 1 child died - could have been avoided except for arrogance

Govt + Terrorists 45 / Children 0

Here's an idea, tough guy, why don't you either put your money where you mouth is and go do it yourself, or, share with us an idea that doesn't involve violence and dead children. I hope you sit in your armchair and choose the latter.

I apologize ahead of time for the mean spirit of my post, but I'm absolutely nauseated by the incessant advocation of violence on this forum.
You've stumbled onto yet another lover of tyranny who wouldn't mind being a dictator forcing their will on everyone. Typical of the extreme left though. Those types are precisely why we have the second amendment (which texas' laws violate).

Old 01-10-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Traitors who are ready to take up arms against the elected government because their party did not win the election should be shown no mercy
Tyrants who wish to force unconstitutional crap onto the people, should be tried for treason. Obama should be on that list to be tried, but not before Janet Reno. The second amendment was created to keep people from abusing government powers to control others.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Is this the future life style of America? With so many right wing evangelical Americans either arming to the teeth ,or wanting to, it's easy to see this scenario played over and over in the near future.

"If your deputies come onto my property, bring body bags. Gray had perhaps 16 other people, including several grandchildren, living at his modest home and outbuildings at the time. Armed family members, including Gray's wife, Alicia, took turns patrolling the property. That worried authorities — so much so that even when Gray began skipping court appearances, they didn't go arrest him."

How to Avoid Another Waco: Keeping the Peace in 10-Year Standoff with Armed Family Compound | Rights and Liberties | AlterNet
More like real Americans standing up for their rights. Texas' permit law infringes on the right to bear arms the same as poll taxes did on voting. They require expensive training, then the permit is expensive. It discriminates and discourages people from exercising a right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies