Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

well, if the usg does find the terrorists not guilty, I at least hope they take them back to the country from whence they came from and not let them loose onto the streets of the USA. but somehow I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Bush was hampered by the fact that Bubba had used the federal courts.
Yes, Bush who essentially wrote his own rules, denounced international law, and thumbed his nose at both the Geneva Conventions and the Constitution was hamstrung by what Clinton had done prior. Sure thing.

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Default Obama's war

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Yes, Bush who essentially wrote his own rules, denounced international law, and thumbed his nose at both the Geneva Conventions and the Constitution was hamstrung by what Clinton had done prior. Sure thing.

please show me where in the geneva convention what rights spies have?

I would like to see for myself.

also, I see when bush was in office that alot of people decried the patriot act and how bad it was against the Constitution. so tell me, when is pbo going to get rid of the pat act?

Old 01-08-2010, 09:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
EXCUSE ME !!!!! just what rights are you talking about. They are not US citizens , they have no rights. They are the enemy !. They are foreigners.
Excuse me, but when they are tried in the US criminal court system, they gain the legal rights that every American citizen enjoys.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:33 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
They started moving people to GITMO in early 2002. Reid tried to blow up the plane in December 2001 and he pled guilt of his crimes in October 2002. You're saying there was no away around Bush not moving him to GITMO between early 2002 and his trial? Remember the Bush Administration was really getting "creative" with our Constitution back then, the Patriot Act and all. He could have done it if he'd wanted to.
It doesn't matter where he was held if he couldn't interact with anyone. I'm all for solitary confinement of the panty bomber if that'll make you folks happy because he is in our federal confinement system. Would you rather those types have access to their mentors?

Old 01-08-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Excuse me, but when they are tried in the US criminal court system, they gain the legal rights that every American citizen enjoys.

but not in military tribunals, which as terrorists and spies is exactly what they deserve.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:35 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Atilla,

Let us talk about sex and bottled water then. JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!

All joking aside though. Trust me. I dislike Islam. I am usually very peaceful and do not have an issue with any religion. As you may have known I recently did a project on Christianity for school and I enjoyed that faith a lot!

Islam is disgusting to me to say the least. You can read my posts on here if you so desire. I used to be more sympathetic to Muslims until I see how they treat their women, the countries they live in (France, England, USA(!)) and how sick their little prophet Muhammed is. I am sure you may have read somewhere in my post that I go to school in Dearborn, Mi. Dearborn? USA's BIGGEST Muslim population. Until I started going there, I stopped feeling sorry for these people.

I could tell you some stories but I had a good day in a while and don't want my blood pressure rising.

Now do not get me wrong here. My best friend is a Muslim. Weird, huh? She would NEVER hurt a fly. I respect the right to be a Muslim but the MINUTE (no, SECOND) Jihad comes into your mind, get the **** OUT! I have no sympathy and as a liberal, I support death penalty. I support welfare reform to the point where ONLY THE NEEDY people can get it.

Some people see liberal in my name and think I am just some tree humping and licking kinda of girl. I am not. Not in the least. I do believe in protecting the environment though. I mean, we live in it!

Oh and I am AGAINST (very strongly) illegal immigration. Get real! I don't know how some people defend the illegals! Truly shocking!

I truly hope you and I can debate more. Even though your posts get to me with "liberal this" and "liberal that", I know that we are both fellow Americans who just have different views.

Much respect to you and just know I support your right to be a conservative and *GASP* actually agree on some things.

PS-I am not buying the whole CONSERVATIVES made this world for me. I believe that a balance of the right and left is needed and both played a role to make the AMAZING nation we have. Oh and yes. He is NOT my Messiah.
great post.you always inspire and leave one thinking, and more to the positive than the negative,

Old 01-08-2010, 09:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should read the Military Commission Act of 2009, because if you were at all familiar with either the Constitution, US CODE or the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure you would note the striking similarities between the rights granted to defendants under the military tribunal system and Federal Court, such as the right not to be compelled to self-incriminate which is the basis for the ruling that you originally linked to.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:40 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
great post.you always inspire and leave one thinking, and more to the positive than the negative,
Thank you! I cannot believe this but.....+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies