Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:04 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,425,821 times

Advertisements

Not too good on the past or present either. Nobody is getting off for not being mirandized. The evidence gathered by torturing people is being disqualified. I wonder who tainted it by torturing folks like that. Probably wasn't such a good idea...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 07:05 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,442,992 times
So in short the OP thinks the US should operate a kangaroo court where admissions via torture are admissible. Sounds more like a vision for Iran than America if you ask me. Way to go!

Old 01-08-2010, 07:08 PM

1,133 posts, read 711,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
More predictions. I love how you guys predict the future and then are critical of THAT. Does anybody else see how irrational this is?
No but you are living in the right location according to your profile statement.
The curent regime is an enemy of this nation. Sadly, I think Obama is indeed smarter than this. However, he is not as smart as all those on the left and right have credited him as being. There is more to being smart and more to being a supreme leader than just being a scholarly person. I think Obama is a scholarly person and like many that are scholarly is actually bordrline stupid as regards negotiation ones way through life. He is borderline stupid because of his criticized former associations of the liked of Rev. Wright and Bill Ayers. He is borderline stupid for surrounding himself with ass clowns like Holder and Napolitano.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:10 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,548,773 times
I'm still confused as to how these ECs are afforded constitutional rights

Old 01-08-2010, 07:14 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,442,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
I'm still confused as to how these ECs are afforded constitutional rights
Because we are a nation of laws and should act as such.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:16 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times
It started with John Yoo's building a ridiculous legal edifice when establishing a detention center at Guantanamo and Cheney's equally ridiculous endorsement of torture as any first year law student could have attested to.

Quote:
This is the danger of trying enemy combatants that have been captured on the battlefield in our civilian criminal courts. There are not and should not be mirandized on the battlefield.
This was not a civilian court, but rather a military tribunal, please read your links.

Quote:
We can expect more of these kind of rulings with KSM and other high-level detainees - maybe that's what obama has been intending all along.
Spare us!

Quote:
Maybe this "wake up call" will knock some sense into Holder and Obama.
And what would that wake up call mean? As I pointed out this is just another ruling based upon the actions of the sacrosanct military tribunals that you Neo-Rightest swear by.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:18 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,548,773 times
Cool I agreee, BUT

Quote:
Because we are a nation of laws and should act as such.
Allow me to re-phrase:
How are enemy combatants ELIGIBLE for constitutional rights?

Old 01-08-2010, 07:21 PM

10,823 posts, read 14,898,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
thanks obama. you fool. wait till the trials are into the hundreds. this fool must be impeached
Obama is worse than a fool.

KSM Trial to Cost $200 Million Per Year?

Quote:
The estimated cost of the Obama administration's decision to hold the 9/11 terror trials in New York City has nearly tripled.

In November when Attorney General Eric Holder announced the terrorists would be brought to lower Manhattan in New York to stand trial, security costs were estimated to stand around $75 million.

But guess what? The New York Daily News is quoting NYPD sources who now project it will now take approximately $200 million per year to secure the trials. Yet another reason why these thugs should go before military tribunals at Gitmo and not a U.S. courtroom.
Per year? How many years do they expect these trials to go on?

19,226 posts, read 15,292,271 times
Quote:
So it begins indeed! Way to go America!
Ya win some, ya lose some.

Suck it up.

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B5bk...layer_embedded

No case in US history where an enemy combatant caught on the battlefield was tried in civilian court.

Obama is once again making history.

The moment custodial interrogation occurs in our civilian courts, the criminal defendant is entitled to a lawyer and be informed he has the RIGHT to remain silent.

Should we be giving enemy combatants miranda warnings and a lawyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies