Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:23 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times

Advertisements

Learn to Speak Tea Bag

LOVE IT!!

I LOVE NPR and they have earned a nice donation from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 07:23 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
NPR needs to be shut down.

They are operating with tax payer money and should not take sides.

Shut them down.
Tax the churches, then we can shut down NPR.

Deal?

Old 01-10-2010, 07:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
They are saying that they really didn't know what was objectionable about their cartoon but it didn't take long for them to find out after the right wing bloggers found out about it.

You may read the whole NPR article by clicking on the "Read the entire article" at the bottom of the Fox page. I don't want people who don't want to see it to have to read it.

NPR Apologizes, Denies Knowing 'Teabagger' Was Offensive | The FOX Nation
But they are still going to leave it up. How disingenuous.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It's called "freedom of the press". Something you strict constructionists should be quite familiar with, since you're always yapping about the constitution.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:48 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
tax the churches, then we can shut down npr.

Deal?
amen!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:50 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hopefully they've come to their senses and decided to stand up to the snarling, rabid, foaming at the mouth right wing pit bulls.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:53 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
They now have cartoons on the radio? And I thought 3D TV was futuristic.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:11 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
We need to take this country back from the Glen Becks and the Bill O'Reillys and the Sean Hannities and other right wing hate and fear mongering extremists.
Right-wing talk media doesn't help matters, but they are just an industry taking advantage of a market. The fear and hate run far deeper.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:10 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Is that Glen Beck's latest rant? Why are tax payer dollars being spent bailing out billionaire banksters that robbed us blind? I think that's a much more important question. But of course Beck and O'Reilly and Hannity and the rest of the capitalist apologists would rather throw up a smoke screen for their cronies. It's a lot easier to demonize gays and blacks and the poor and Martha Stewart than bring billionaire crooks to justice. Remember Martha Stewart? The Bush prosecutors went after her like a pack of ravenous Pit Bulls like she was some kind of hardened terrorist ready to blow up the Empire State Bld because she had the nerve to do what the billionaire, insider, old white guys club does a billion times over every day. You think Beck is going to be ranting about that any time soon? Nah, he's making too much dough pimping for his rich capitalist sponsors.
Get your facts right. While I don't know about O'Reilly (who doesn't have a coherent political philosophy that I can determine) Beck and Hannity both opposed the bank bailouts and argued, correctly in my estimation, that the big banks should have been allowed to fail. Failure is ultimately the best regulatory scheme. On the other hand TARP, while proposed by the Bush administration, was passed by a Democrat Congress, including Obama. So who is it, again, that is in bed with the "billionaire banksters?"

Old 01-11-2010, 08:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
They are saying that they really didn't know what was objectionable about their cartoon but it didn't take long for them to find out after the right wing bloggers found out about it.

You may read the whole NPR article by clicking on the "Read the entire article" at the bottom of the Fox page. I don't want people who don't want to see it to have to read it.

NPR Apologizes, Denies Knowing 'Teabagger' Was Offensive | The FOX Nation

The Cloward & Piven Strategy, hard at work.
Your not going to jump start the economy without capitalism.
Capitalism is dead right now, with the uncertain future ahead.
Wait until they monitory our debt and our currency collapses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies