Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:38 PM

63 posts, read 37,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri View Post
No it couldn't have. For the second time; Christians are commanded to love, pray for and bless our enemies. No true Christian can fly a plane into a building with innocent people on board. You seem to know very little about Christianity, but you are quick to attack it.
And here comes the "true christian" manta. For me, i do not take serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 09:44 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Jose Lambiet needs to write more important articles or go back to Cuba on the holiday marked on the free calendar for him. Obviously those are holidays that people go out grocery shopping. Anybody out there celebrating Pearl Harbor or 911? Shame on the Palm Beach Post for printing this nonsense.
We don't celebrate those days; we commemorate the horrible events of those dates and commemorate our dead.

Passing over Pearl Harbor in favor or a Muslim holiday is an affront to anyone who has lost a loved one who has served in the US Military.

The wise thing to have done would have been to list both holiday and memorial.

One can argue it happened 59 years ago and we should move on, but it is a part of our history, and shaped our nation.

What happens in 2060 when some money-hungry bubbleheads at a grocery decide to supplant 9/11 with a holiday celebrated by a group with a significant, dangerous portion within the population?

Old 01-10-2010, 09:44 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Sure PUBLIX can honor whoever they want.
But as they found out, pandering to a small number of muslims while offending a larger group of god fearing Americans is not a wise business move.
Free market working as designed.
A couple of knuckleheads getting upset over this won't do a thing to the business that Publix does. I guarantee it.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
What in tarnation are these people doing acknowledging any cultural celebrations by my own?!?

This is an outrage! For no reason that is logically apparent even to myself, I feel I own this free country full of immigrants and am threatened when any religion is acknowledged to exist but my own!

What sad people these must be who create these controveries - so full of fear. And "patriot day"? Never heard of it.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:52 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

The left have no problem with Islamic New Year on their free calendars ?
No. Do you see any of the left-leaning posters here pitching a fit over this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan

I see it as American vs non-American.
[MOD CUT/language] So now Muslims can't be Americans? Or Americans can't be Muslims? WHAT?????
Quote:

But as they found out, pandering to a small number of muslims while offending a larger group of god fearing Americans is not a wise business move.
Hey Einstein, IT'S THE SAME GOD!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-16-2010 at 06:59 PM..

Old 01-10-2010, 09:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:

Muslims are also free to open their own islamocentric grocery stores and issue their own calendars. Such is the greatness of America.
Just curious - when you use the phrase "god fearing", is that meant to be a positive connotation? I personally couldn't imagine living one's life in constant fear of God as anything positive, but it seems some people do.

Just curious.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:53 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Passing over Pearl Harbor in favor or a Muslim holiday is an affront to anyone who has lost a loved one who has served in the US Military.
I loved family members who have served in the U.S. Military. In fact, three of my uncles died in WWII and Publix not putting Pearl Harbor on a free calendar when they didn't have any other memorials on the calendar ISN'T an affront on myself or my family. Please kindly do me (and many others) a favor and don't attempt to speak for us.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:55 PM

16,071 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Really ? It's a Texas thing and does not get out of hand here.
Wonder why other states celebrate this Texas holiday ?

Juneteenth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Juneteenth is celebrated by blacks in Memphis, considered a black holiday there, not a Texas holiday.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:56 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Just curious - when you use the phrase "god fearing", is that meant to be a positive connotation? I personally couldn't imagine living one's life in constant fear of God as anything positive, but it seems some people do.

Just curious.
I'm agnostic and was making an observation.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:57 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,685 times
Quote:
Good, well I hope those offended shop elsewhere. Hopefully there's enough Muslims in south Florida to take up the slack.

Offend some Americans but God forbid we offend non-Americans ?
I guess the point is- why would you be offended? They put out a calendar and tried to include something for everyone.
Some people have an "ALL ABOUT ME" problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies