Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:59 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,636,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
No, the group that posted the clip on you tube is though....
So if an 'aryan' group posts a broadcast network news clip, it's not relevant?

If this were the other way around -- all white students, white teacher and one black student with completely opposite politics, we would have heard about this on every station, every newspaper, the ACLU, Al Sharpton would be marching, etc.

BUT everyone isn't white -- only the lone dissenter. No ACLU, no Al Sharpton. Only a fringe group posts something which should not have been swept under the rug, only to have everyone become dismissive of it's credibility.

One of her black classmates came forward on the news report, confirming what was said. Please tell me why it is acceptable to call her an Effen white girl, and the student should be made to withdraw, but if this was a white teacher and the white class called a black student an Effen blck girl, there would have been heads rolling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,442,992 times
Shameful behavior but claiming "This is what happens when blacks run the country" is equally wrong.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:46 PM

70 posts, read 174,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Shameful behavior but claiming "This is what happens when blacks run the country" is equally wrong.
I don't think anyone here disagrees with you.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:00 PM

270 posts, read 654,665 times
I agree the poster is nuts but the sad thing is that we had to hear it from him or her because the national news systematically censors out anything that might point the finger at blacks for being racists. The news should try to be balanced in its reporting. If she were black, this would've made the national news, hearings would have been held, the teacher fired, and we'd still be hearing about it in books, magazines, and media sources.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 PM

22,154 posts, read 19,397,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post

If this were the other way around -- all white students, white teacher and one black student with completely opposite politics, we would have heard about this on every station, every newspaper, the ACLU, Al Sharpton would be marching, etc.

BUT everyone isn't white -- only the lone dissenter. No ACLU, no Al Sharpton. Only a fringe group posts something which should not have been swept under the rug, only to have everyone become dismissive of it's credibility.

One of her black classmates came forward on the news report, confirming what was said. Please tell me why it is acceptable to call her an Effen white girl, and the student should be made to withdraw, but if this was a white teacher and the white class called a black student an Effen blck girl, there would have been heads rolling?

And when did I say it was acceptable?? I never did, in my first post I said it was horrible. However, when you post a link to something which starts off with "This is what happens when blacks run this country" you are going to get questioned about it.

Btw, the witness in this case was not even a member of the class, and while he did say he saw a white girl taunted by a bunch of black students that might be cause to question some of the allegations.

Student May Sue School After Suffering Racial Taunts in Class|ABC 7 News

Regardless, for arguments sake lets say this did happen the way it was portrayed in the clip, it was obviously uncalled for, not acceptable and horrible among other things. However I don't see the purpose of posting links that were uploaded by a hate group, and something that starts out by saying "This is what happens when blacks run this country"

Old 01-10-2010, 11:21 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
And when did I say it was acceptable?? I never did, in my first post I said it was horrible. However, when you post a link to something which starts off with "This is what happens when blacks run this country" you are going to get questioned about it.

Btw, the witness in this case was not even a member of the class, and while he did say he saw a white girl taunted by a bunch of black students that might be cause to question some of the allegations.

Student May Sue School After Suffering Racial Taunts in Class|ABC 7 News

Regardless, for arguments sake lets say this did happen the way it was portrayed in the clip, it was obviously uncalled for, not acceptable and horrible among other things. However I don't see the purpose of posting links that were uploaded by a hate group, and something that starts out by saying "This is what happens when blacks run this country"

Let's not twist this. I never wrote you said it was acceptable. My question was "So if an 'aryan' group posts a broadcast network news clip, it's not relevant?" Granted, the foreword posted on clip was completely wrong, but if we look past that, the underlying story is disturbing.

The link you've posted is interesting in that the school is conducting it's own investigation into the situation...sort of a fox/henhouse scenario. If the whole class and teacher were vehemently opposed to Ms. Alfonzo's political leanings, would any of them sell the other out in this case?

Is it possible the young man supporting Ms. Alfonzo's claims was passing the classroom at the time of the disturbance? Why is Ms. Alfonzo's claim being questioned, her reputation being held out for scrutinization, while the Tawanas, Duke strippers and such are protected and presumed innocent?

Old 01-10-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
It is relevant, but the way they packaged it was equally dumb. "This is what happens when Black run America" or some non-sense.

Just admit both sides of this story are stinkers.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri View Post
I don't think anyone here disagrees with you.
That would be a first.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:36 AM

22,154 posts, read 19,397,646 times
Quote:
Let's not twist this. I never wrote you said it was acceptable. My question was "So if an 'aryan' group posts a broadcast network news clip, it's not relevant?" Granted, the foreword posted on clip was completely wrong, but if we look past that, the underlying story is disturbing.

The link you've posted is interesting in that the school is conducting it's own investigation into the situation...sort of a fox/henhouse scenario. If the whole class and teacher were vehemently opposed to Ms. Alfonzo's political leanings, would any of them sell the other out in this case?

Is it possible the young man supporting Ms. Alfonzo's claims was passing the classroom at the time of the disturbance? Why is Ms. Alfonzo's claim being questioned, her reputation being held out for scrutinization, while the Tawanas, Duke strippers and such are protected and presumed innocent?
One reason why it could be questioned is these type of groups are often known for editing videos, taking important parts out, etc. Not saying it happened in this particular case, but considering the source of the upload it does make you wonder if what was posted was the entire video. It is possible he could have been just passing by, but why not just say that instead of saying he was a member of the class.

As far as why her story is being questioned and not some others, again the fact that this is something that is being pushed by various racist websites (when I tried to do a search, other than an article here or there, the majority of the articles were from Stormfront Aryan Nation, and other hate sites. Of course if it happened the way it was described its horrible, but considering the story is getting the most coverage on racist websites, does make you wonder if everything in the video happened the way it was portrayed.

The story is over a year old, btw.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:30 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtwobaldguy View Post
So when blacks complain about racism, do you automatically assume they are exagerrating too?
I usually like to make my mind up when armed with a few more facts than what one gets from a minute 30 second local broadcast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies