Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2010, 01:18 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,986,643 times

Advertisements

There has been so much news of death and destruction from Iraq that the position of sexual minorities is rarely touched on in the mainstream media.
But stories of torture and murder of gay Iraqis, particularly men, have been emerging in the gay press for several years

There has been so much news of death and destruction from Iraq that the position of sexual minorities is rarely touched on in the mainstream media.
But stories of torture and murder of gay Iraqis, particularly men, have been emerging in the gay press for several years

One young Iraqi, Amil (not his real name) recalled the death of a friend: "They found out he was gay and they killed him and they chopped him like a lamb, it was awful."

Another man (who wished to remain anonymous) revealed to Scott Long from the New York-based Human Rights Watch, how his partner was kidnapped and killed.

"It was late one night when four armed men came to take my boyfriend from his parents' house.

They were masked and dressed in black.
"We found his body the next day dumped in the garbage, his throat cut out, his genitals cut off."
Of all the shocking testimony we heard, a form of torture involving glue has to be the most awful revelation to emerge from our investigations.

Human Rights Watch researcher Rasha Moumneh told us: "We've heard stories of gay-specific torture where men have glue in their anuses and they force-feed them laxatives."

All the LGBT Iraqis interviewed for Gay Life After Saddam maintained that life was easier for them when Saddam Hussein was in power, from 1979 to 2003.

Some spoke fondly of an underground gay culture that flourished before the war in Baghdad.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Saddam's rule 'better' for gay Iraqis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 01:22 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
This is wrong and this is JUST SICK!

People like to come up and defend Muslims. How many Christians would do this? Sure they'll scream and damn them to hell but would they cut gays up like lambs? Would they cut off penises? No!

As a Liberal who cares about the general well being of People, this touched me deeply. I give my thanks for living in a great nation.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:43 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
This is wrong and this is JUST SICK!

People like to come up and defend Muslims. How many Christians would do this? Sure they'll scream and damn them to hell but would they cut gays up like lambs? Would they cut off penises? No!

As a Liberal who cares about the general well being of People, this touched me deeply. I give my thanks for living in a great nation.
There are sick people who will commit disgusting acts but that doesn't mean the religion to which they are affiliated with is evil or endorses their acts. This is a sick act but i don't know if it is any more sick than the neo-Nazi skin heads in Germany who bludgeon Turkish residents to death

Old 01-11-2010, 09:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
This is the unintended consequence of us bringing freedom to Iraq. Actually the worst is yet to come, because free elections will favor the more radical Shiite muslims in Iraq since they representover 60% of the population. Democracy will see to it that they will end up controlling the country and they will write radical laws, including outlawing homosexuality like in Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies