Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:09 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
well, according to them he is not eligible to be president, and therefore they cannot be charged with a crime against the president if he was not a real president in the 1st place.

Which is irrelevant to the point. Obama is the President, and has proven to be eligible for the office. If one makes a threat on the President's life, then they will be investigated. Even if it was a tounge-in-cheek comment.

I'm not justifying the other situations, however, as that bears more investigation into the matters (to see if there's extenuating circumstances that aren't being presented), but it does seem like a vindictive nature is behind it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 01:52 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You cannot threaten the life of the President of the USA.

That will get you in big trouble.

In the past they would not have just had a stern talk. They would be in federal prison.

You have to do it through your vote and the people you elect.
You better choose wisely
Requesting to a prosecutor that he be charged with a crime, is not a threat.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:04 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
He said Obama should be shot and hung, that is a threat.

This is what the other guy posted
Quote:
OBAMA-SOETORO IS MY SWORN ENEMY! - And as there were TRAITORS to Italy in Caesars day, I report to this GRAND JURY with force and authority there are senior military officers no more obedient to the CONSTITUTION than their criminal DICTATOR, OBAMA-SOETORO.
Nutbarry enough to be investigated, yes.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:08 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

I was referring to this... that was said.

Quote:
a black minister in Harlem, called for Obama to be "jailed, hung and shot," among other things,

Old 01-12-2010, 02:14 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
He said Obama should be shot and hung, that is a threat.

This is what the other guy posted

Nutbarry enough to be investigated, yes.
I was referring to this:

Quote:
Of particular concern to the Secret Service, it seems, are the individuals who are trying to interest federal prosecutors in bringing criminal charges against the president for fraud and treason, a movement spearheaded by a retired Navy lieutenant commander, Walter Fitzpatrick III. Last March, Fitzpatrick sent an "indictment" for treason to the US attorney for the Eastern District of Tennessee, asking the prosecutors to act on it. Two days later, he noted on his blog, two Secret Service agents showed up at his house along with a couple of local cops, to see what sort of threat he might pose to the president.
So it seems the SS is focusing not on the people making actual death threats, but people trying to get him investigated or charged with a crime. This tells me a lot.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:21 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
I was referring to this:

So it seems the SS is focusing not on the people making actual death threats, but people trying to get him investigated or charged with a crime. This tells me a lot.
It tells me that rational people see the birthers as nutjobs, likely to come unhinged without much provocation. They deserve scrutiny from the people whose job it is to protect the president.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:23 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
I was referring to this:

Again... he wrote in his complaint:

Quote:
OBAMA-SOETORO IS MY SWORN ENEMY! - And as there were TRAITORS to Italy in Caesars day, I report to this GRAND JURY with force and authority there are senior military officers no more obedient to the CONSTITUTION than their criminal DICTATOR, OBAMA-SOETORO.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:34 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
I can't get believe that anyone would actually try to diminish death threats by these whackadoodles to truth, transparency or that they think he should be tried. Although being delusional has become more common these days, it is still not mainstream nor is it justifiable to make threats against the president's life whether you voted for him or not!

These idiots are a threat to national security and shoud be watched. I am so disgusted by people who wish for the president's demise even if the country falls with him. This is a life we're talking about. He has a family and is a human being and to make jokes or be dismissive about someone taking his life is just evil.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:38 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If threats are being made, the SS should investigate. But if the effort is more of a retaliatory effort than a true threat investigation, then Obama is no different than Scooter Libby and anyone else who outed Valerie Plame. I, for one, wouldn't put it past Obama. He seems to have a vindictive nature about him.
Yikes! Never thought about the acronym for the Secret Service... Regarding any threats against the POTUS, yes they should be investigated. Liberal or Conservative, you don't want harm to come to the President.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:58 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times
Quote:
I was referring to this:

Every political movement that attempts to enslave a country needs a minority group that it can blame for its own failings. This is why Obama is targeting the "teabaggers" and "birthers".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies