Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They are infringing on human rights.

You cannot impose that anyone cut their hair in a Constitutional American society.
Being school is a taxpayer funded program that is mandatory, you cannot impose that someone cut their hair, or even take a bath for that matter. Your denying equal service to all Americans.
This whole thing reminds me so much of what happened about long hair at my school in the early 70s. A long hair stomped up to me and said that he would have his hair long and I couldn't stop him from coming out for basketball. My reply was that according to the courts I had to allow him to take part but it was, in fact, up to me as the coach to determine who got a uniform and then sat on my bench. I told him that he had to attend school, according to the law, and therefore we couldn't force him to cut his hair but nobody forced him by law to come out for basketball and I was the final law there. He came out about 3 practices and decided he didn't want to work that hard to prove his point.

Yes, there were 12 years difference in his age and that of this little kid but this one probably wouldn't have the long hair if his mother didn't want it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 01:33 PM

596 posts, read 889,865 times
One fo my best friends has a son with long, LONG hair. It is really gorgeous, blonde curly hair. It has been that way since he was 2 yrs old. He has never known anything else.

My problem with this is that people are constantly remarking on what an adorable DAUGHTER my friend has. Kids under 7 yrs old don't really have any masculine traits anyway. So, the poor kid is constantly telling people, "I'M A BOY!"

Old 01-12-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Um...time to change schools? The school should not be worried about what someone wears, or how they groom themselves. They need to focus on education. When I was in High School, I started to grow a full beard because some classmates said I couldnt. I was pulled into the office and told to shave. I was a senior and I knew better, so I told them no. I wouldnt shave it. I pointed out some teachers had beards so why couldnt a student? They never bothered me again.

If the kid just isnt clean then call cps, but if the kid is clean and just has long hair...their is nothing they can do about it. It is not a crime for a boy to have long hair. Call Obama, maybe he can settle this...oh, wait..the kids white isnt he? Darn, better shave his head.
Have you seen the kid's picture, yet? I have and it appears to me that he may be blind now and then. He is only 4 and that may make it tough for him to keep it groomed.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:36 PM

I saw a cuter picture of him on Yahoo this morning and wondered why a 4 year old is being made a center point of this foolish argument.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'd like to know how the "wants" and "wishes" of a 4-year old trump parental responsibility? Who cares what a 4 year old wants? These parents need to get their heads out of their asses and stop impeding school officials' ability to do their job teaching.

Break out those g*****n scissors and get that boy back in the classrom.
Scissors, hell. Shears would be more like it and take a lot less time.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
If God wanted my hair to be two inches long, it would stop growing at that point. Why does Texas mock God?
Now I know why my barber (my wife) cuts min down to 3/8 inch at my request when it gets too near 2 inches. God made me pretty bald but failed to do the job completely.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:39 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I dont believe a school should be telling a child about sex that is the parents role. I also dont believe a school should be saying a child cant attend if their hair is a certain length.

I agree.

The school should not even discuss it at all, that is for the parent to do.

We will find out something else about this that caused this because no fool is that stupid to take this to this without something else being the real issue.

We do not have the entire story I do not think.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
How does a child having long hair interfere with the ability of someone to teach?
If the mother is so bent on long hair can't you see that she has already told the kid that the teachers really don't know their hindquarters from page 9?

Old 01-12-2010, 01:45 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'd like to know how the "wants" and "wishes" of a 4-year old trump parental responsibility? Who cares what a 4 year old wants? These parents need to get their heads out of their asses and stop impeding school officials' ability to do their job teaching.

Break out those g*****n scissors and get that boy back in the classrom.

No need to get violent.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:46 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If the mother is so bent on long hair can't you see that she has already told the kid that the teachers really don't know their hindquarters from page 9?
Least he's getting SOME education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies