Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 12:31 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,488,763 times

Advertisements

Vote so we can block them from passing bills. We are not better off then before. We are in terrible shape. We need to all vote to stop these jerks from doing anymore damage. I thought this health care was so stop costs!! I dont think so, it will raise costs for those who pay for it out of pocket. There is more too just cant list all the damage they have done and or will do. When they cant do anything its the best!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 12:33 PM

683 posts, read 823,057 times
We need to vote and clean house on both sides of the aisle. Washington has failed us miserably.
"Washington.... Your Fired"!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:34 PM

Im serious, its a total disaster, I agree with you, just dont give one party all the power!!!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,070,039 times
The Power of 41. While Democrats are slap-happy over the very slim possibility that they will lose the Majority in November, the truth of the matter is that the GOP only needs 41 votes to stop the runaway locomotive that has become the Democratic Agenda. Nancy Pelosi can continue to run wild in the House all she wants, but when (not if) the GOP picks up a few extra Senate seats in November, her buffoonery will be put to a stop. What's the point of passing partisan House bills if the buck stops at the GOP-filibustered Senate?

It will be a spectacle to behold to see Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid (?) crying and begging for votes once again.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:54 PM

4,893 posts, read 7,406,562 times
I agree! And I'll toot my own horn -- I've never missed an election since 1972, the first time I was eligible. I really wish more people would get involved and not take the freedom to vote for granted.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,825,917 times
Personally I would like to vote them all out and start over but since that cant happen. I agree we need to get some new faces in there and a balance

When we have true bi partisan on each bill is the best bill. A bill that both sides have to give and get.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The Power of 41. While Democrats are slap-happy over the very slim possibility that they will lose the Majority in November, the truth of the matter is that the GOP only needs 41 votes to stop the runaway locomotive that has become the Democratic Agenda. Nancy Pelosi can continue to run wild in the House all she wants, but when (not if) the GOP picks up a few extra Senate seats in November, her buffoonery will be put to a stop. What's the point of passing partisan House bills if the buck stops at the GOP-filibustered Senate?

It will be a spectacle to behold to see Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid (?) crying and begging for votes once again.
good post, yes thats the answer. You see I am no genius with all the ins and outs of politics and how many numbers they need so thanks.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:12 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,669,650 times
Washington your fired!!!!
Dont give the government any power over anything, they cant be trusted with a R or a D they only look to ruin those who want freedom. I think we need a new platform
Vote them out and replace them with NOTHING!!
You will still get paid, have your house, pay rent and your school and your roads.
Most of them are local taxes, and state taxes.
enjoy watch washington crumble and your freedom increase.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:15 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,709,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
We need to vote and clean house on both sides of the aisle. Washington has failed us miserably.
"Washington.... Your Fired"!!!!!!
this.

republicans controlling everything will only make things worse. actually it won't...it'd be more of the same, to be frank. more no no no no no.

dems aren't doing anything so...again, it'd be more of the same.

*shrugs*

we need to start completely over and get ppl that actually represent the ppl to be a part of congress. these ppl, definitely on the republican side and yes, a lot on the democratic side do not, i repeat, DO NOT have their constituents interests in mind when they vote on issues.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:24 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,413,343 times
Using generalized anger and impatience as an excuse to turn the reins back over to the very people who steered us into the ditch to begin with doesn't sound like such a good idea to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies