Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 06:52 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Thanks for finally posting some "solutions" and yet as I read them they are nothing but the status quo. Thanks for making my point. Whether it be health care reform or stimulating the economy nothing new there. Republicans feel that the insurance companies have it right and that tax cuts are the only solution for the economy. Oddly enough I see nothing new there! But then again Conservatives always fear change.

Like the last hope and change worked!!

And if this scam care passes the only thing left in our pockets will be change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 06:59 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They keep saying it, the reps have been shut out of the issues by the demwits and there robots of course believe anything the leaders tell them.

The rep have solutions, one is to not spend billions of our taxpayers money to fix something that is working well for 85% of us to cover the 15% of people who wont work and earn their own HC.

Its not that hard people.

The party of yes, being the dems, whos motto is "We will steal your tax money and waste it".

Sometimes you have to say NO to stupid things stupid people do.

And the dems are surely showing they are the stupid ones.
This works for democrats because they have a very large mouth. They say it over and over and over again and often enough that it picks up traction with no merits and soon enough people just believe it.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Thanks for finally posting some "solutions" and yet as I read them they are nothing but the status quo. Thanks for making my point. Whether it be health care reform or stimulating the economy nothing new there. Republicans feel that the insurance companies have it right and that tax cuts are the only solution for the economy. Oddly enough I see nothing new there! But then again Conservatives always fear change.
No they arent but they could offer the same thing democrats are and I bet you would be against them also. Simply because they have an R by their name

Change? Do you call this change what we have no bigger gov, more taxes same politics as norm. Sounds like your change is the status quo

So lesson learned here just because you dont like the solutions they offer doesnt mean they dont offer any. Which means each time you all keep calling them the party of no is a lie.

What we need is a mix of both republican and democrat ideas. A bill that doesnt take buying senators votes to pass. Both parties compromise and give and get and we have a true bi partisan bill that is whats best for America.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:14 AM

757 posts, read 802,887 times
How are "old" solutions that got us into this mess going to change our current situtation? Oddly enough Bush gave tax cuts to the rich and that ended with one of the worst recessions in US history! Republicans completely supported those tax cuts and STILL DO oddly enough! Most Americans think the health care system is broken because it is driven by profit and yet Republicans think there is nothing wrong with health care? I oppose Republican IDEAS because they have been proved to be failures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No they arent but they could offer the same thing democrats are and I bet you would be against them also. Simply because they have an R by their name

Change? Do you call this change what we have no bigger gov, more taxes same politics as norm. Sounds like your change is the status quo

So lesson learned here just because you dont like the solutions they offer doesnt mean they dont offer any. Which means each time you all keep calling them the party of no is a lie.

What we need is a mix of both republican and democrat ideas. A bill that doesnt take buying senators votes to pass. Both parties compromise and give and get and we have a true bi partisan bill that is whats best for America.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
How are "old" solutions that got us into this mess going to change our current situtation? Oddly enough Bush gave tax cuts to the rich and that ended with one of the worst recessions in US history! Republicans completely supported those tax cuts and STILL DO oddly enough! Most Americans think the health care system is broken because it is driven by profit and yet Republicans think there is nothing wrong with health care? I oppose Republican IDEAS because they have been proved to be failures.

Tell me when have we tried Nuclear energy it is an old idea right?
The Republican plan creates a Renewable and Alternative Energy Trust Fund to provide funding for energy programs

Wow when you click that link and actually read it you find many ideas and things we havent done in the past but some how to you thats all old ideas which leads me to believe that you oppose republican ideas not because they are old or used but simply because they are republican

Old 01-13-2010, 07:25 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
I guess it's hard in places where a great number are unemployed and the companies rest on government backing to get people roused to take their only life line away. They have experienced the help and need for those who are in trouble first hand, and realize without it they would be asking strangers for change living out of their car.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:39 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
They held a Revolution and nobody came

Old 01-13-2010, 07:40 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Could you be specific about what solutions Republicans have offered? I have only seem them offer the status quo. Rush said he thought the health care system in the US was just great. Republicans offer no new ideas. Only the same failed ideas that got us into this mess!

Before accusing the Republicans of having no ideas or being the party of "NO" please be so kind as to list the "ideas" Democrats have put in play this last year that haven't failed. When the White House has changed the policy of recording "jobs created" to "jobs created or saved" and, finally, to "jobs funded" in an effort to hide the magnitude of the failure of the spending bill to create jobs, liberals are in no position to lecture conservatives about ideas. Last year conservatives were on this forum every day telling liberals that the New Deal failed and so will the spending bill, but none of you listened. Well now we all see what happened. We have spent hundreds of billions of borrowed dollars that our children will be forced to repay to create zero jobs.

P.S. What got us into this mess is the repeal of Glass-Steigall (Clinton), the CRA (Carter) and NINJA loans (Clinton). McCain and GWB both led efforts to create an effective regulator to replace OFFIEO before the GSEs crashed but solid Democratic resistance to include a threatened filibuster of S.190 killed both efforts.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Same old rant. How about giving year by year stats to support you claim?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:09 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Are you serious? Google is your friend

So because you dont like the solution they offered or what they suggested be done means they didnt offer anything? Then lets talk about how offering tax cuts are so bad something Obama offered must not be to bad right. Obama offers tax credits not cuts

I have to agree with Rush. Guess many others does also since people come from other countries to get medical treatment here.
Quote:
since google doesnt appear to be working for you

GOP Solutions for America - GOP.gov
//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...ible-read.html

See post #11 from this sticky!

Quote:
The Administration has determined, due to numerous complaints, that the use of the term "Google is your friend" or "Let me Google that for You" or the use of the term Google in the context of a rude or inappropriate comment is against the "TOS" and will be deleted by the Moderators and possible infractions imposed. If the Moderators determined that it is being used in a legitimate and sincere manner you will be directed to the Search Tool at the top right hand side of the Forum.
Mods, please note!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies