Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 02:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh, my ****ing god! He said it, he actually said it! If I were a god believing and praying man, which I am not, I would ask the lord to take this fool and send him to the darkest recesses of hell, because that is where this madman belongs.
Interesting dichotomy. You don't believe in God. You don't believe in Hell. But you understand enough about each to hypothetically call on one in order to secure the wrath of another? Very interesting. Something tells me there's something nagging inside you that tells you that both are real.

Is it common for you to rationalize something that you "know" is not real?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 02:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by via chicago View Post
If we truly are at war with religious extremists, I say we add this douchenozzle to the hit list.
If the government declared that they would imprison all religious zealots, and promised that Pat Robertson would be one of the first to go, I would have to rethink my opposition.

Not that I mean it, but that's about how pissed I am.

2,329 posts, read 6,634,006 times
The fact that this whackjob is still alive preaching hate on his own TV show while hundreds of thousands of innocent people are lying in rubble overseas in some forsaken 3rd world country is proof enough that a god dosent exist, if you ever needed it.

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Interesting dichotomy. You don't believe in God. You don't believe in Hell. But you understand enough about each to hypothetically call on one in order to secure the wrath of another? Very interesting. Something tells me there's a something nagging inside you that tells you that both are real.

It's what lawyers do.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:15 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
I think I'll follow the lead of His Holiness Pope Benedict on this one Pat.

Quote:
During the general audience on Wednesday, Pope Benedict XVI made an appeal to the world on behalf of Haitians. Referring to the 7.3 magnitude earthquake that had rocked the Caribbean country just hours earlier, the Pontiff called for prayer, solidarity and generosity to aid the victims of the catastrophe.

The Pope invited "everyone" to join with him in prayer for the dead as he also implored that God provide consolation and relief from suffering to the survivors.

He assured Haitians of his “spiritual closeness” and that there would be no delay in the mobilization of aid from the Church's charitable institutions “to fulfill the most immediate needs of the population.”

The Holy Father appealed especially for generosity in giving to "these brothers and sisters who are living a moment of necessity and pain, our concrete solidarity and the proactive support of the international community.”
Pope makes appeal for earthquake victims in Haiti :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)

Old 01-13-2010, 02:17 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
It's the homosexuals' fault.

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Pat Robertson is an evil, hateful, despicable excuse for excrement, let alone a human being.
and these feelings toward another human make you?

Oh I know - a Liberal hypocrite!

1,773 posts, read 1,266,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Interesting dichotomy. You don't believe in God. You don't believe in Hell. But you understand enough about each to hypothetically call on one in order to secure the wrath of another? Very interesting. Something tells me there's something nagging inside you that tells you that both are real.

Oh christ let it go, you know exactly where that poster is coming from. Why must you argue about every damn thing?

Old 01-13-2010, 02:19 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Oh christ let it go, you know exactly where that poster is coming from. Why must you argue about every damn thing?
Because someone needs to make sure the liberal left are slowed down in their efforts to defeat this nation.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:19 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Some of us here would appreciate it if you would not take the Lord's name in vain. I'm sure you can understand. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies