Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 02:30 PM

615 posts, read 1,693,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
leftists are exponentially more upset by a televangelist spouting idiocy than they are about actual terrorist attacks.

seems odd.
Are you actually serious? Do you really believe that? Us "leftists" are exponentially upset by anyone that spouts hatred and idiocy. It just makes it even worse when it is a so called American spouting that hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 02:34 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Pat Robertson is an evil, hateful, despicable excuse for excrement, let alone a human being.
That pretty much sums up my feelings.

Maybe Robertson could take his sorry self to Haiti and help some people for a change.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:38 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DressageGirl View Post
Are you actually serious? Do you really believe that? Us "leftists" are exponentially upset by anyone that spouts hatred and idiocy. It just makes it even worse when it is a so called American spouting that hatred.
No, what makes it worse is when religious zealots threaten to and follow through in Killing people. Pat Robertson does not plan to kill anyone.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:38 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DressageGirl View Post
i am indeed serious. not all leftists, naturally, but a worrying number of them.

witness the level of overblown outrage at this bit of buffoonery by the likes of jill61. then, try to find her saying anything remotely as nasty about a terrorist.

good luck with that.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:39 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it, they were under the heel of the French, uh, you know, Napoleon the third and whatever, and they got together and swore a pact to the devil, they said, we will serve you, if you get us free from the Prince, true story. And so the devil said, 'OK, it's a deal.
"Napoleon the third and whatever" (?!)
"And the devil said, 'OK, it's a deal." What, was he in the room? Did he get a transcript? All I can say is...

Wow...

Old 01-13-2010, 02:40 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
No, what makes it worse is when religous zealots threaten to and follow through in Killing people. Pat Robertson does not plan to kill anyone.
precisely. yet in certain small minds, robertson is by far the greater threat.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:41 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
precisely. yet in certain small minds, robertson is by far the greater threat.
Which in turn makes him more powerful!

Its why I am really not threatened by either one. I will not play into their hands.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:42 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
i am indeed serious. not all leftists, naturally, but a worrying number of them.

witness the level of overblown outrage at this bit of buffoonery by the likes of jill61. then, try to find her saying anything remotely as nasty about a terrorist.

good luck with that.

Well, just to put your mind at ease, I agree completely with Jill's assessment of Robertson BECAUSE I am a devoted Christian who hates the shame Robertson brings on the name of the One I love. AND I think terrorist are cowardly, evil, murdering, filthy creatures that I wish had never been born.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:42 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,552,733 times
500,000 people may have died and someone's spending all their time and energy focusing on what Pat Robertson thinks??

Puh-lease! Focus on helping the Haitians through this horrible crisis by donating to your favorite charity that is actually going to send relief there!

Old 01-13-2010, 02:44 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:

good luck with that.
I get very tired of reading post after post suggesting those on the left in some way condone terrorist acts. Such absolute nonsense. I have never read a single post on CD where someone condones a terrorist act. You are perhaps revealing your inferior reading skills here. Understanding what motivates feelings of outrage towards the US and condoning them are two very different positions, and I think perhaps you are confusing them (conveniently).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies