Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
For Beck and Palin to host Saturday Night Live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9keo...layer_embedded
I saw nothing on your TPM bit that said one word about SNL. No child, they are proposing them having their own show not taking a one nighter on SNL.

You can still see this show on the beck clips thing. Have you found out from TPM that Beck is not involved in the clips program? No? You need to try the site to learn a bit more than you obviously know right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 12:15 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
Quote:
Beck asks Palin who her favorite founding father is, Palin says, "All of 'em". Beck says, "Bullcrap". I doubt that Palin can name two of the founding fathers....dense as she is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA_yV...layer_embedded
Beck is part of the "gotcha" MSM.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
There isn't a big enough incentive in this world for me to listen or watch either of them let alone both together.

Frankly, I'd rather watch paint dry.
May I suggest that you go to the nearest golf course and watch the grass on the nearest green grow. Maybe that would be more fun than watching paint. It is very obvious that you will never learn any truth about either Beck or Palin since you must use your time to learn about them from TPM or one of the other sources that so many of your internet buddies do. Never go to the prime source, always get you info from those who hate and fear the people being discussed here.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
She can not answer a simple direct question.
If I asked you what your favorite color was, would your response be: Well color, you know the diversity of it, so diverse, the collective collectivity of all the colors,

Whose my favorite founding father? James Madison, the father of the Constitution
Please tell me why Madison is known as the Father of the Constitution. I have his book and know why but I don't think you really do know why we have come to call him that. Will you tell me?

I forgot to mention that I told meson that I am pretty sure why TPM cut that sound bite where they did. Maybe if you could see a bit beyond where they cut it off you would be interesting to discuss the interview with. Soundbites like that one do a job but never really do it.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
First off, what is the challenge for NBC?
I guess you don't read many of Roys threads. Pretty much every one of them is him challenging everyone to watch GB today. He even double dog dares you not to be a yellow bellied sissy and watch the show. The rest of the threadvertisment typically plays out with people responding against Beck, and Roy asking how Beck lies.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
No idea, damned if I will waste my high def watching two airheads chat...
Remain buried in your complete ignorance but willing to discuss that which you know nothing about. I am about having more fun with you guys than I can stand, but keep going.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
"Thrill the progs?" What is a prog?

You see, it wouldn't matter if I bashed Ed Shultz, Keith Olberman, Rachel Maddow, and Chris Matthews for 2498724587 hours straight and then made one single comment about Beck, I'm suddenly parroting leftist talking points. There is no criticism that is acceptable to some.

Just like if George Bush or Bill Clinton stood in Times Square holding an AK-47 in one hand gunning down innocent bystanders, and in the other had a bag of cocaine and a bottle of Jack Daniels while wearing nothing but a soiled diaper, they would have people come out of the wood work to defend them as no matter what they did, for some it wouldn't be wrong. It is this same level of belief that one network or the other has some mystical and universal truth that those who disagree just can't understand. I find this notion to be chilling and downright frightening as visions of Jonestown dance through my mind.

So all those people featured in their daily promo's, are not considered news by even Fox.

I have watched two of Glen Becks shows, or attempted to before I puked on my shoes at the complete drivel that moron was trying to pass off as something of value to humanity. It is my opinion that the guy is mentally unstable but only just enough so that with the proper medication he can seem reasonably functional to a class room full of 4th graders.

The reason I find Keith Olberman and Ed Shultz to be nearly as vile is that they make their careers doing nothing more than pointing out the kooks on Fox. Well I don't need either of those buffoons to tell me Glenn Beck is crazy.

So I asked... what exactly is the challenge that Palin and Beck are going to give to NBC? Beat them in the ratings game? Good for them, I could care less who has the best ratings.

As to watching these outlets during day time hours, sure, I watch the news ticker at the bottom with the sound off because even during regular "news hours" on Fox, MSNBC, and CNN, I don't wish to hear some airheads offering their opinions to the news they are reporting and they all do it, each and every one of them.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...ny/OK_dees.jpg
Nope, neither of those people look like me. I am not nearly that fat and surely not as hirsute as either of them. I keep what I have at about minus one inch and am called Baldy by most of my friends.

Oh, I got my last degree from college in 1958 so maybe I should go back for some more 4th grade indoctrination in leftiness.

You admit to having seen Beck a couple of times and even, I think, admit that you didn't like the tone of voice he used. Can you tell me one other place on TV that you can learn anything at all about the organization of either SEIU or ACORN? If you can please tell me since i haven't found it, yet.

I am sure that even though you can't stand Beck, you could learn from seeing that interview. Some here couldn't learn from seeing it, but I do think you could. However, the progs have their brain shields up in full operation to protect themselves from hearing anything their leaders don't want them to hear. You are sounding like one of them.

Just for you, let me say that if you had paid attention to Casper as he wallowed around with your words this morning you would have seen how i shortened progressive to prog because he and some of his friends didn't like being called libs. Just an abbreviation of a word I hate.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Beck is part of the "gotcha" MSM.
How do you know that? You sound like one of those progs that aren't about to allow their brains to be sullied by listening to anything like Beck. Could you offer some real things that show what Beck is or do you have to go along with the other prog sheeple in their generality worship?

Old 01-14-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I guess you don't read many of Roys threads. Pretty much every one of them is him challenging everyone to watch GB today. He even double dog dares you not to be a yellow bellied sissy and watch the show. The rest of the threadvertisment typically plays out with people responding against Beck, and Roy asking how Beck lies.
And never getting one GD reply about his lies, just that he lies. You are getting in deeper than you can handle Doc.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:41 PM

419 posts, read 448,308 times
I can't wait till Sarah just goes on survivor. That way I can get all my politics, world issues, and entertainment at once while drinking coors! That will be kickin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies