Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 08:05 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Or it could be choice C.: He's both high on something AND the lowest form of scum. What kind of people sit around and brainstorm ways to turn a disaster like this into an Obama bashing opportunity?
And just imagine how the loonies on the left would spin this if Bush were still president...

As for President Zero's Nobel prize money, did you hear him say he was going to donate any of his own money, or is it just that he wants the citizens of this country to do this? Ummm, I thought not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 08:08 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Well, Obama, may have responded quickly verbally, but we're all still sitting here on our hands, just like New Orleans...."The Comfort" hospital ship is waiting for instructions to deploy, (3 days later??????)

What is wrong with our country? Why does it take so long for anyone to get off they're butts and make decissions, they all want those huge paychecks but everyone is afraid to make a decission and get those ships over there?????

Sheeesh, sorry, it's just really making me angry....people over there are being turned away from hospitals, they are short on medical supplies...food, fresh water....

COME ON OBAMA, it's your job to get the ball rolling, do something, act, don't stand up and make a speech, you are the comander in charge...get our country organized and moving, like you promised!!!!
Welcome to the oft times inept, slow turning wheels of a bloated, over regulated, over administered federal government, as they wade thru mounds of bureaucratic red tape. It's why many of us do not want it anywhere near our health care.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:09 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
I would expect nothing different from Limberger.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:13 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
has any US aide got into haiti?

Old 01-14-2010, 08:15 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
The real shocker is that Obama on TV giving a speech about this, so quickly....politicizing.....something that happened in another country.....yet, when a terrorist almost kills U.S. citizens, it takes him four days to speak....he continues to play golf.

Seems Rush is a bit correct.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
What is wrong with this guy? I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is high on synthetic Heroin again. Otherwise he is the lowest form of scum.
Did he get upset with Bush for his slow response to Hurricane Katrina?
He should not be upset with Obama for responding so quick to such a tragedy.
There are people at risk of losing their lives, as many already have.

This man needs counseling.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
And just imagine how the loonies on the left would spin this if Bush were still president...
Actually, the people on the left are---and would be even if Bush were still in office---concentrating on what humanitarian efforts are being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
has any US aide got into haiti?
Turn on CNN. They are covering it full time. Help is arriving, and search and rescue teams from all over the world are starting to work. Our military set up an air control center so planes could land safely and there are planes stacked up waiting to land.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:24 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Exclamation You Nailed It

Quote:
It's just despicable that he trying to discourage his fans not to donate any money for Haiti. Is he afraid some will give to Clinton's 'Foundation Haiti' or that Obama will get too much credit for disaster relief efforts?
I saw Limbaugh and Pat Robertson in clips on 'Countdown' last night...my rage was so apparent to my wife that she actually backed away from me, for fear that I would smash the TV LOL...

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but these are the voices of the people who say the current administration is 'a failure' and keep puffing their chests out and crowing 'just you wait 'til November 2010/2012...we're gonna take this country back'? An obviously misinformed televangelist, and a misanthropic, big-mouthed radio host, with about as much credibility as a trunkful of 3-dollar bills? You have GOT to be kidding me, right?

Old 01-14-2010, 08:26 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
The real shocker is that Obama on TV giving a speech about this, so quickly....politicizing.....something that happened in another country.....yet, when a terrorist almost kills U.S. citizens, it takes him four days to speak....he continues to play golf.

Seems Rush is a bit correct.
You are SO out of line to defend and parrot Rush on this topic. How you can live with your lack of empathy and political hatred is beyond understanding. Haiti humanitarian efforts are not and should not be a partisan issue but you neo-cons are forcing us all into that kind of discussion. Unbelievable!!!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:26 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Actually, the people on the left are---and would be even if Bush were still in office---concentrating on what humanitarian efforts are being made.

Turn on CNN. They are covering it full time. Help is arriving, and search and rescue teams from all over the world are starting to work. Our military set up an air control center so planes could land safely and there are planes stacked up waiting to land.
I am at work and can not get to a TV. i went to the CNN web site and it says the US Militiary has secured the airport so that juminatarian aide can fly in. Most of the aide is from groups not countries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies