Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:33 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post

According to this post, NO, he is not a hero of the "left."

//www.city-data.com/forum/12444245-post13.html
That link didn't work for me, but I did find this:

"The keynote speaker at Sunday's 2003 Peninsula Symposium and Benefit for Peace, Justice and Human Rights railed against President Bush and left the audience with a straightforward message for the 2004 presidential election: "Remember the A-B-C's -- Anything but Bush and Cheney." The message was met with unsurprising enthusiasm from the crowd. But the speaker himself had a bit of a surprising background: Scott Ritter, former U.N. chief weapons inspector, is a self-professed conservative Republican who admitted to the audience he voted for Bush three years ago.

"Since then, Ritter said, Bush has lied to the American public about the true situation in Iraq, particularly in regard to the weapons of mass destruction, which American forces, to date, have failed to locate."

One Republican Against Bush

Too bad he turned out to be a sexual deviant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 12:42 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,263,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Scott Ritter was "in the news" more than a few days. He was a central opposition figure on the Iraq war, his comments, speeches, statements were widely held up by the Left against Bush.

If one were to consider themselves well-versed in Iraq war issues, you would have to know about Ritter.

It was not a personal insult..it was an observation.

Have I never "met" so many that are really not "up to speed" with finer details of the issues.
Yes it was an insult wrapped in clever wording...or not so clever. Please, I'm not stupid nor are many on this forum who you like to think are stupid. Maybe I've heard his name, maybe I haven't. I'm not an expert on the Iraq War, nor do I want to be nor did I ever say I was an expert so you can put that to rest.

The bolded portion....makes no sense.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:43 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post

Yes it was an insult wrapped in clever wording...or not so clever. Please, I'm not stupid nor are many on this forum who you like to think are stupid. Maybe I've heard his name, maybe I haven't. I'm not an expert on the Iraq War, nor do I want to be nor did I ever say I was an expert so you can put that to rest.

Interesting that she doesn't hold her idol, Sarah Palin, to the same standards of being "up to speed" with world events and who people are.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:49 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,653,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Interesting that she doesn't hold her idol, Sarah Palin, to the same standards of being "up to speed" with world events and who people are.
Couldn't rep you again but if I could +1 for you

Old 01-14-2010, 12:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post

Fixed..thanks.

It is not an insult to NOT be surprised about the lack of knowledge from some on the Left.

The comment was not directed at you, but it is still applicable. Neither of you had ever heard of Ritter, by your own admission. To me, that is stunning and when I think about it a little more..not surprising.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:06 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,829,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is it not stupid in this day and time to engage in any kind of lewd chat with a minor online? It would seem that people would learn by now that undercover law enforcement are out there. Is the reward worth the risk? Not in my book. There are no winners in situations like these. His family is probably humiliated to the core.
It is it really is. Its amazing that these pervs will still continue to do this knowing about all the stings out there to catch them.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:15 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,263,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Fixed..thanks.

It is not an insult to NOT be surprised about the lack of knowledge from some on the Left.

The comment was not directed at you, but it is still applicable. Neither of you had ever heard of Ritter, by your own admission. To me, that is stunning and when I think about it a little more..not surprising.
And again, you have managed to insult both of us. It's STUNNING when someone admits to not knowing something? That's probably the first time I have EVER heard someone say something like that. Should I pretend I've heard lots & lots of news about this person & pretend I know what I'm talking about when I don't? Kind of like a couple of people I know on this forum? I don't think so. I'll say it again, save your little snide remarks & insults for someone else. I don't deserve it nor do I appreciate it.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:18 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
i know someone doing 3 years federal prison time for making a date with a minor on the internet. never saw her never touched her. downloaded some nude pictures of her. "her" turned out to be a 35 year old male FBI agent who knocked on the door a few hours later.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:54 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,455,257 times
(Yawn.)

If this guy's apparent sexual problems have some rational relationship to his work in Iraq--or to anything else remotely political--I'm waiting to hear how.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:35 AM

20,260 posts, read 19,847,317 times
Default Scott Ritter gets another shot at 15 minutes of fame

Only this time, he probably wishes he didn't.

Not the first time he's done something like this, f'n creep.

"Former chief United Nations weapons inspector Scott Ritter was arrested in a Pennsylvania sex sting in November on a litany of charges involving a lewd Internet conversation with a person he thought was a 15-year-old girl.

Ritter, 48, allegedly masturbated in front of a Web camera "...

Former Chief U.N. Weapons Inspector Scott Ritter Nabbed in Teen Sex Sting - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies