U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:31 AM

9,965 posts, read 15,985,749 times

Advertisements

If the TSA is apparently such a mindless bureaucracy, how can they really be trusted to do anything right?

Mikey Hicks, 8, Can’t Get Off U.S. Terror Watch List - NYTimes.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 11:35 AM

20,003 posts, read 17,013,380 times
This is why I don't believe that big gubmint is actually "watching over us". If they're too inept to maintain a watch list, they're certainly too inept to proper disseminate data on the internets.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:53 AM

23,837 posts, read 21,498,484 times
Mickey Hicks is not a terrorist i'm sure.

But, I was pelted more than once with rocks thrown by Iraqi kids. That was what they considered "fun." Do you think they were old enough to understand the situation? No. Did we get mad at them? No. Do you think their parents cared? No. Do you think that terrorists used kids to blow themselves up at checkpoints and fence barricades? Yes. Do you put it past a terrorist to try something similar against US citizens? I certainly don't.

Mickey Hicks doesn't need to be put on the watch list.

But i'm not so quick to lambaste the TSA. It's a hard job finding a needle in a haystack.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 AM

20,301 posts, read 20,761,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

But, I was pelted more than once with rocks thrown by Iraqi kids. That was what they considered "fun." Do you think they were old enough to understand the situation? No. Did we get mad at them? No. Do you think their parents cared? No. Do you think that terrorists used kids to blow themselves up at checkpoints and fence barricades? Yes. Do you put it past a terrorist to try something similar against US citizens? I certainly do.

Mickey Hicks doesn't need to be put on the watch list. But i'm not so quick to lambaste the TSA. It's a hard job finding a needle in a haystack.
Good point.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:56 AM

16,966 posts, read 31,845,441 times
My neighbor's son has endured the same nonsense, simply because his name is the same as a suspected terrorist.

Back at the end of November, my daughter and I were patted down because we were wearing sweatshirts. Not that I am a big fan of profiling, but how many elementary school terrorists have made the news lately?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:57 AM

146 posts, read 140,593 times
The TSA and Homeland Security are the biggest jokes going. They just botched another No-Fly passenger that has TB and was not supposed to board any planes and the information never got out. They are bumbling idiots. I really have a hard time believeing that they can be this bad, I am going with the fact that they are fouling things up on purpose.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:

But, I was pelted more than once with rocks thrown by Iraqi kids. That was what they considered "fun." Do you think they were old enough to understand the situation? No. Did we get mad at them? No. Do you think their parents cared? No. Do you think that terrorists used kids to blow themselves up at checkpoints and fence barricades? Yes. Do you put it past a terrorist to try something similar against US citizens? I certainly don't.

Mickey Hicks doesn't need to be put on the watch list.

But i'm not so quick to lambaste the TSA. It's a hard job finding a needle in a haystack.
Very true. They just need to remember the difference between a pitchfork and a needle

Old 01-14-2010, 11:59 AM

23,837 posts, read 21,498,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortified View Post
The TSA and Homeland Security are the biggest jokes going. They just botched another No-Fly passenger that has TB and was not supposed to board any planes and the information never got out. They are bumbling idiots. I really have a hard time believeing that they can be this bad, I am going with the fact that they are fouling things up on purpose.
I understand your point, but it's actually the Center for Disease Control that monitors the No-Fly list for passengers with communicable diseases. They dropped the ball on notifying the TSA and the airline.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I understand your point, but it's actually the Center for Disease Control that monitors the No-Fly list for passengers with communicable diseases. They dropped the ball on notifying the TSA and the airline.
The CDC? I understand the disease issue, but terrorists should not fall under the watch of a health department.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:06 PM

11,456 posts, read 13,571,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
If the TSA is apparently such a mindless bureaucracy, how can they really be trusted to do anything right?

Mikey Hicks, 8, Can’t Get Off U.S. Terror Watch List - NYTimes.com
To be honest, the kid seemed like he had a chip on his shoulder anyway. Hopefully little Mikey will mind his Mom and Dad after this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies