Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 01:26 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
That sounds idyllic!!

I live where I do because my family is here. That is the ONLY reason. I'm not a fan of Illinois for many reasons (weather, politics, taxes, pollution, congestion, cost of living, corruption). The town I live in however, I picked for the schools and sense of community. It's very Mayberry-esque. Parents place a high value on education, and are typically very involved in their childrens' lives academically and socio-emotionally. I guess I wanted a town where the parents had similar values for their families as I do. It helps a lot as a parent to know that when your child comes home wanting to do "X", that the majority of the other kids in their class are also not allowed to do "X" (X being whatever inappropriate activity for kids).
Thanks. Its nice although it does get cold in the winter living up on the mountain. A stand by generator is a must.
I believe most folks will migrate to a place that most fits their belief and value systems. For example I like to Target shoot. I have my own range.
Living in a place like NY city just wouldn't work for me.
I have an autistic child and that too played a part. The school district here has an excellent program for autistic children. Down in the valley its different. So much for schools being so great in the city.
Its quiet here. On any given day you will see deer in my yard or a Turkey or even pheasants. Down below me is a dairy farm. Up the road is a horse farm and they also raise beef. Guess where I get my beef? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 01:32 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
One funny thing he mentions is that researchers determined that Republicans have neater garages than Democrats. So if you want to know where you'd like to live from a political perspective, drive around and look in people's garages.
LOL that's funny. I'll be sure to let my husband know that he is sporting a democratic-style garage. Maybe THAT will get him to clean it up!! Can't hurt to try.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:46 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,486,556 times
It is true worldwide that rightwingers are more neat,tidy,disciplined than leftwingers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies