Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:48 PM

211 posts, read 816,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Jamaica mon.
Are you kidding me? Outside of the tourist enclaves, there are no go areas with rampant crime and ongoing feuds between the PNP and JNP. That's why so many Jamaicans are living foreign in the UK, Canada and the US instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 02:51 PM

211 posts, read 816,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Actually, there are a few countries with black majorities that have high GDP per capitas.

Bermuda - GDP per capita $69,900
Bahamas - GDP per capita $30,000
Barbados - GDP per capita $19,000
These three are among the cream of the crop.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:53 PM

471 posts, read 600,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
What? Still "equates" since its still the same nationa and majority balck. "racism of its African neighbors". I'd hardly call Namibia racist.
If I read the post correctly it was saying that SA would have been far more successful if it hadn't been punished into submission during apartheid. While apartheid was shameful, looking at pure economic terms, the developed nations were out to punish SA, while under the current political climate, every opportunity is extended to SA. So to say that SA is more successful now would not "equate" since the geopolitical and economic climate is far more favorable now towards SA than it was 25 years ago.

Namibia no, but perhaps you have heard of Zimbabwe? You know, with its 90%+ reduction in GDP since Mugabe took over? Murdering of white farmers and theft of property, destruction of capital and resources?

Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,983,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
If I read the post correctly it was saying that SA would have been far more successful if it hadn't been punished into submission during apartheid. While apartheid was shameful, looking at pure economic terms, the developed nations were out to punish SA, while under the current political climate, every opportunity is extended to SA. So to say that SA is more successful now would not "equate" since the geopolitical and economic climate is far more favorable now towards SA than it was 25 years ago.

Namibia no, but perhaps you have heard of Zimbabwe? You know, with its 90%+ reduction in GDP since Mugabe took over? Murdering of white farmers and theft of property, destruction of capital and resources?
Well Namibia has one of the worlds highest percentage of people with Aids and an at least 1/4 of people are reported to have it so I would not say its a role model of a Black majority country under Black rule The previous president of Nambia Sam Nujoma was a staunch supporter of Mugabe and said the elections in Zimbabwe was free and fair. Anyway I find that is double standards since its perfectally acceptable for him to accept a black tryant but finds nations in Africa that were under White minority rule as detestable.(But of course I also find it double standards with western nations aiding and supporting regimes that have appulaing human rights records.) Anyway there is a petition of people from some people from Nambia to convict the previous president of Nambia called Sam Nujoma to the international criminal court on his crimes of him being accused of having thousands of innocent people killed.

BBC NEWS | Africa | ICC asked to probe Nujoma 'abuse'

Last edited by other99; 01-18-2010 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: putting source in

Old 03-30-2010, 01:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,129 times
Mauritius is the destination.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:16 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,953,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Botswana
Botswana's only good for African/Black standards. Other than that, it's still relatively poor.

It is developing well. Death rates for AIDS has decreased sharply. I do hope that it becomes a modest country in the likes of eastern European and South American countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies