Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 08:18 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,764,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Hi Liberal,
I kinda like this quote, "A womans right to choose, is a womans right to choose to sleep with a man she doesn't intend to marry".

sex is not just for married people........and would not the man be making the same decision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 08:25 AM

1,133 posts, read 712,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
sex is not just for married people........and would not the man be making the same decision
I guess the point is if you happen to be married, responsibility is not quite as important as obviously no true human would abort a child within the context of marriage.
On the other hand being single does not remove the responsibility of suspending the lust factor just long enough to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. No, the man does indeed have responsibility and should inherit an 18 year mortgage for pacification of his stupidity.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I guess the point is if you happen to be married, responsibility is not quite as important as obviously no true human would abort a child within the context of marriage.
On the other hand being single does not remove the responsibility of suspending the lust factor just long enough to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. No, the man does indeed have responsibility and should inherit an 18 year mortgage for pacification of his stupidity.

ummmm. If you look into it being married does not make people more capable of being good parents. Being married also does not eliminate a persons right to terminate a pregnancy if they choose to do so. The bottom line is if you want to stop abortion then provide comprehensive sex education and easy, affordable access to birth control.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
ummmm. If you look into it being married does not make people more capable of being good parents. Being married also does not eliminate a persons right to terminate a pregnancy if they choose to do so. The bottom line is if you want to stop abortion then provide comprehensive sex education and easy, affordable access to birth control.
I certainly agree with the last part. Though I be a conservative I will not disagree with that. I don't hink being married eliminates the right of a married couple to abort a child by law with certain restrictions but I believe there comes a time when sane people with a shred of decency would not abort a child married or not unless there are extreme reasons.

Would I want my daughter to have the child of a rapist with a history of mental disorder. That would be a very hard pill to swallow. It disturbs me the thought of having to make that "choice" in an advisory capacity. However, if she chose to have it we would work it out.

On the other hand, if I could make the law, a young woman that had a second pregnancy and was using abortion as a means of birth control would either have the child or lose her reproductive rights. I believe everyone is entitled to one mistake.

I do not believe the law should provide for irresponsible people to enjoy the right of murder in the woumb any more than they should enjoy the right of drunk driving running down a pedestrian.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I certainly agree with the last part. Though I be a conservative I will not disagree with that. I don't hink being married eliminates the right of a married couple to abort a child by law with certain restrictions but I believe there comes a time when sane people with a shred of decency would not abort a child married or not unless there are extreme reasons.

Would I want my daughter to have the child of a rapist with a history of mental disorder. That would be a very hard pill to swallow. It disturbs me the thought of having to make that "choice" in an advisory capacity. However, if she chose to have it we would work it out.

On the other hand, if I could make the law, a young woman that had a second pregnancy and was using abortion as a means of birth control would either have the child or lose her reproductive rights. I believe everyone is entitled to one mistake.

I do not believe the law should provide for irresponsible people to enjoy the right of murder in the woumb any more than they should enjoy the right of drunk driving running down a pedestrian.

we will just have to disagree about the definition of murder. We won't change each others minds. Secondly, and you are fa from the only one, as a conservative I assume you support little or no government control correct? If so why would you then support government being able to legislate things like reproductive rights? Your law proposal sounds like communist china to me.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:54 AM

I vaguely understand the sentiment but it is far from the intended purpose. To my understanding the Chines have aborted girls only to cut back on the population. Faced with the extreme population of the country, I am not sure I would approve of the abortion, I don't know I am not there but I could understand an extreme education campaign regards the necessity for minimal size famileis Perhaps a government incentive might provide that.

My statement regards placing barriers or irresponsible reproduction is made for the protection of the child not for the restriction of the parent. The parent is the irresponsible one not the child. In fact most laws I would support as a conservative have to do with protections of individuals. Tha tis why a police force and a military are within the support of what I support regarding laws and little else regards government interference including a massive failing public educationsal system etc.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:57 AM

a massive failing education system isn't an issue of protecting individuals? I suppose you don't support programs to feed the children you force women to have even though unwanted?

Old 01-16-2010, 09:04 AM

I support jobs for those parents ,who if working ,wouldn't have so much time to lay around and reproduce. Failed parents generate failed children. Maybe it is the failed parents we should abort.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:25 AM

I must go now time to play after working hard all week for my task masters.

I will leave you with a famous quote, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"

A famous liberal made that statement. I think that every liberal should tattoo it on his forhead. The conservatives get that slogan. They go to work every day, sometimes two jobs, raise their children to do the same, pay their taxes, serve their country, and strive to be self supporting.

I believe most liberals do the same. However, their is an entire class of those that raise the liberal banner that do not. You need to get hold of those people and bring them into the fold. They are destroying us.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 AM

745 posts, read 1,437,600 times
Quote:
"The Republican National Committee has announced it's changing the emblem of
the Republican Party - from an elephant to a condom. The Republican National
Chairman explained that the condom more clearly reflects the Party's current
stance... owing to the fact that a condom accepts inflation, halts
production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and
gives you a sense of security while you're actually being screwed. Please make
certain your Republican friends make the appropriate changes on any of their
campaign literature."
I am not sure how the above relates to Republicans more so than Democrats or really Politicians as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies