Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:59 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,669,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Close to 100,000 people dead and Fox can't be bothered to report on it. Unbelievable.
I turned on my TV the evening of the earthquake, which I knew nothing about. Fox News channel had Hannity and Ann Coulter dissecting the remarks made by Reid. I quickly changed the channel before I would vomit.

After tuning to CNN, to my surprise, I learned there had just been a disaster of epic proportions! Fox's priority at the time was to pound the Harry Reid issue some more. Fox News should really be called Fox Opinions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:07 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,669,416 times
Quote:
When critics accuse Fox of being a tool of the conservative political movement, the company's executives counter that they deliver serious news during much of the day. But its prime-time headliners expose the values of the entire operation, and this week they've given abysmally short shrift to the biggest crisis in the world.
Fox News Coverage of Earthquake in Haiti Scant, Big-Name Hosts Cover Other Stories

Fox News Coverage of Earthquake in Haiti Scant, Big-Name Hosts Cover Other Stories

Old 01-17-2010, 10:38 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,408,943 times
What a shock that people turn into CNN for news. CNN is a news network. Fox News and MSNBC are mostly political commentary. You want news, put on CNN.

That said, I was flipping between the three channels throughout the day yesterday when all had on news, not commentary. CNN and MSNBC covered the earthquake as the major story. Fox News covered the election in MA as the major story.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:42 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,056,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
What a shock that people turn into CNN for news. CNN is a news network. Fox News and MSNBC are mostly political commentary. You want news, put on CNN.

That said, I was flipping between the three channels throughout the day yesterday when all had on news, not commentary. CNN and MSNBC covered the earthquake as the major story. Fox News covered the election in MA as the major story.

CNN is a NEWS network? LOL they barely report the news unless it is something they want you to know about.

Clearly you were not watching FOX because they have had the earthquake on almost non-stop. It was their major story. Of course you know the people that watch FOX will know you are lying, don't you?

Old 01-17-2010, 10:52 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,031,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
CNN is a NEWS network? LOL they barely report the news unless it is something they want you to know about.
How is that any different from FOX?

Old 01-17-2010, 10:55 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,146,466 times
Quote:

Clearly you were not watching FOX because they have had the earthquake on almost non-stop. It was their major story. Of course you know the people that watch FOX will know you are lying, don't you?
Who the hell cares what people who watch FOX knows, or rather, thinks?

Old 01-17-2010, 10:56 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,516,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Yes! We are also smart enough to realize that "Fox News" is an oxymoron!
Kind of like liberal values?

Old 01-17-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Kind of like liberal values?
No.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:

You called me a liar. I will be reporting that. That's not allowed even when a person is lying, but I'm not. I don't lie.

CNN is a news channel. They cover news. Fox News and MSNBC are more commentary. Fox News does cover more news than MSNBC but both had news coverage Saturday. MSNBC set aside their normal weekend programing and covered the earthquake almost non-stop. Fox News had news coverage as they do on Saturdays. Their main story was the MA election. The second story was the earthquake. Their earthquake coverage was much less than MSNBC's or CNN's. I know. I was flipping between all three channels until the football game started. Anyone who wasn't wouldn't be able to make the comparison. Most Fox News junkies don't watch anything but Fox News.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:35 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,056,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
How is that any different from FOX?

If you watched it you would know. When I try to discuss story after story with my left wingers in the family that watch CNN, they have never heard of the news. I have been able to shame a few of into waking up that CNN is filtering the news for only the stories they want people to be aware of.

In fact that is how I became aware of FOX NEWS. Friends were always talking about news I had never heard of. I dumped CNN like so much trash. It's nothing more than a left winger propaganda machine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies