Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:31 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Right on but at the same time, imagine if it was happening in the US.

Would you support it?

Even though I do not like it, I would not support it in the least.

Heck yes!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 10:34 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Heck yes!!
Aren't you religious? How would you like if people told you that you could not practice your religion?

Some women CHOOSE to wear the veil for religious purposes so I say let them.

The US is built on Freedom of Religion.

Don't get me wrong. I LOATHE Islam. It is disgusting but we cannot compromise American Muslims right either. Once we eliminate theirs, who is next?

Old 01-17-2010, 01:02 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
First of all, I do not believe that you know what "the vast majority" of women prefer. Nor, to the best of my knowledge, have you spoken to the Muslim women that I went to university with that hated wearing the veil but had no choice.

That reality aside, immigrants should adapt to the country they have chosen to live in. They should not expect their generous host country to adapt to them and their beliefs. And if France says "no wearing of the veil" and they don't like it, then they can move to a country where the veil reigns.

Oh I bet those women love to be covered in head to toe in 120 degree temp. all in black that absorbs heat while their husbands are all in white. They better say they love the black garb or get beat.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:46 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,279,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Oh I bet those women love to be covered in head to toe in 120 degree temp. all in black that absorbs heat while their husbands are all in white. They better say they love the black garb or get beat.
That's right. And black is slimming as well

Old 01-17-2010, 04:51 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,907,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
As much as I loathe Islam and DESPISE it more than any other religion, I would not ban it.

The USA is based on freedom of religion, is it not? I support your right to be a Muslim. I WILL NOT support your idea of freedom of speech such as burning our flag or stepping on it or celebrating 9/11.

The MOMENT the word Jihad comes out of your mouth, LEAVE. The MOMENT you step on our flag, you will be deported.

There are some peaceful Muslims, believe it or not. They are more than welcome to stay in my opinion.
i think that is a pretty good response.

the problem in france is that they are experiencing a rise in an aggressive and angry muslim population- and they are uttering the word jihad and they are stepping on the french flag.

a collection of stories:
LTG: How France Has Fallen

France should be seen as a cautionary tale of immigration run amok.

Last edited by floridasandy; 01-17-2010 at 05:58 AM..

Old 01-17-2010, 05:15 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,160 times
good way for them to get bombed. doesn't it infringe upon religious rights? maybe they need to ask them muslim women first.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:32 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
The old saying comes to mind . When in Rome do as the Romans do. You visit a country you should adapt to their culture. You choose to immigrate to a country you choose to accept their ways. Don't force your belief system on them.
France is a nation of laws. It is their right to pass laws that they feel best serve France.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:58 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
France moves closer to banning full Muslim veil - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100115/ap_on_re_eu/eu_france_forbidding_the_veil - broken link)

Good for them. The UK needs to wake up and listen up.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:04 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
France moves closer to banning full Muslim veil - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100115/ap_on_re_eu/eu_france_forbidding_the_veil - broken link)

But then if the husband says, "Omimohammed! That's what you really look like," they'll be penalized for verbal spousal abuse. Doesn't the French government have better things to do?

Old 01-17-2010, 08:34 AM

731 posts, read 776,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
First of all, I do not believe that you know what "the vast majority" of women prefer. Nor, to the best of my knowledge, have you spoken to the Muslim women that I went to university with that hated wearing the veil but had no choice.

That reality aside, immigrants should adapt to the country they have chosen to live ased on the prophecies found in the Books of Daniel, and Revelation. Newton came to the conclusion that the second Coming of Jesus Christ could occur around the year 2060 A.D.. It was also his belief, that around this time, we would see the return of the Jewish people to land of Israel, and their return to the city of Jerusalem. Newton also believed, that the Jewish people would rebuild their third Temple on Mt. Moriah, and all of these eventsin. They should not expect their generous host country to adapt to them and their beliefs. And if France says "no wearing of the veil" and they don't like it, then they can move to a country where the veil reigns.
I will know because i came from the Middle east and i have girl cousins, relatives, friends, etc so i would know, its true some of them are forced to wear it, but most of them prefer to wear it. I know some girls who used to go out without hijab and now they're wearing it again, its a personal choice but most females prefer it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies