Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 02:39 PM

146 posts, read 149,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
LOL.

The ability to speak and understand the English language is now "semantics".

You can't make this stuff up.
Hilarious is it not? When the definition of a word does not fit their hatred and bias, they make one up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 02:43 PM

857 posts, read 2,002,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortified View Post
Just because you personally think of something a certain way does not make it that way. That word is used for all sorts of things, not just immigration. The definition is the definition, it is not semantics. Use your liberal education that you guys tout so much. Or lack thereof....
i see - your meaning, without any context, which centers on one word in one of the 4 possible definitions of the word, is exactly what FOX was going for here.
Not mine; which comes from the context in which the word is most frequently used, and is reflected by the other 3 definitions.

Sorry for the false alarm folks! Close up the thread!
FOX is fer realz after all!!!!

Old 01-15-2010, 02:47 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
I don't see why they even would halt deportation? I thought they need people to help

Old 01-15-2010, 02:47 PM

146 posts, read 149,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
i see - your meaning, without any context, which centers on one word in one of the 4 possible definitions of the word, is exactly what FOX was going for here.
Not mine; which comes from the context in which the word is most frequently used, and is reflected by the other 3 definitions.

Sorry for the false alarm folks! Close up the thread!
FOX is fer realz after all!!!!
All 4 fit what is going on. Aren't you getting all tired and stuff from reaching so high?

Old 01-15-2010, 02:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Heck..you guys read propaganda every time you go to these sites.

Job numbers from the BLS ? Ha-ha-ha. Read the MSM and it's happy days. Read the BLS report and it's "WTF".

I'm glad to see so many waking up though..welcome to the REAL WORLD.
Take the Red pill...that Blue pill may kill ya if you're not prepared.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:32 PM

Dunno, seems like Fox "News" was right after all.

Let Haitians in U.S. stay here legally - CNN.com

Quote:
(CNN) -- The catastrophic earthquake that devastated Haiti has left millions of our neighbors in dire need of food, shelter and medical care. Haitians are a resilient and proud people, but this tragedy would leave even the strongest of nations decimated.
Even before the shattering 7.0 quake, Haiti ranked as the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. Our neighbor literally has suffered from one natural disaster after another. Just last year, Haiti was ravaged by four hurricanes and tropical storms in a one-month period.
The U.S. and international community must provide humanitarian relief and longer-term reconstruction assistance to help Haiti get back on its feet and become a stable country over the long term.

While Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has announced a temporary halt to all deportations from the U.S. back to Haiti, for the time being, the action is limited. Compassion and common sense tell us that we must do more.
This is why I recently urged President Obama to grant what is called temporary protected status, or TPS, to Haitians in the U.S.
The Department of Homeland Security says there about 30,000 Haitians facing orders to leave our country.
The latest disaster underscores the need for protective action that would allow these immigrants to remain and work here legally.
The United States did so for Honduras and Nicaragua in 1999, following Hurricane Mitch; and, for El Salvador in 2001, following several earthquakes.
This administration has stopped short of granting TPS status that would allow Haitians who are in the U.S. to be able to work legally while they're here.
And the ability to work is significant: It allows immigrants not only to make money to support themselves but also to send remittances to their suffering families back in Haiti.
Keep in mind that TPS isn't free. Each person granted it pays the government $340 for a work permit.
Frankly, it makes no sense to tell Haitians already here that they can stay in the U.S. in the wake of the earthquake, but cannot legally support themselves.
To address this inequity, I and several members of Congress who represent Haitian communities will continue to press the Obama administration to give temporary protected status to Haitians in the U.S.
That is, in fact, an amnesty.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:36 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
I can't believe you people expected Journalism from FOX. They don't report, they feed their audience. To expect truth from them will always disappoint

Old 01-15-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I can't believe you people expected Journalism from FOX. They don't report, they feed their audience. To expect truth from them will always disappoint
Well, in this case they were right. When you have 30 000 people awaiting deportation and you halt the deportations and give them work permits, then that's what I call an amnesty.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Right above your post is a CNN link. Will you believe that one ?

Old 01-15-2010, 03:42 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
its too bad the OP doesnt read,,, this is not FOX reporting this...this is Fox LINKING to a New York Daily news article

go to the OP's link...."""http://www.thefoxnation.com/haiti-earthquake/2010/01/14/obama-moves-grant-amnesty-haitian-illegal-aliens """

then actually click the inside link...it takes you to here Obama halts deportations of undocumented Haitian immigrants, urged to grant 'protected status'

more fox bashing from the far left
Mmm...because it's not like Fox sued for the right to LIE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies