Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 07:39 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times

Advertisements

Seriously?? 18 pages of OMFG Rush LIED ON THE RADIO!@!@!@!@!

I wouldn't trust going through the whitehouse.gov either. I would much rather donate directly to my charity of choice than go through any governmental redirecting. I don't care what you say, digital information CAN be collected just from visiting the site. No thank you.

Some people need a REAL reason to get worked up about. Sheesh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 07:44 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

Yes kind of like those phishing scams.

I'm sure it's all squeeky safe, but your personal info can be scalped in many ways on the internet.

I'd rather donate to the Red Cross directly, but that is my personal preference. You do what you need to do.
Yes, whitehouse.gov is exactly like a phishing scam. And when they notify you that you're leaving their server before you've ever entered so much as a dot from your keyboard, they're really applying super secret mind-reading methods that only the government knows about.

Why is this so hard to understand?

When you go to whitehouse.gov and click a link that takes you to the Red Cross website (or now the clintonbushhaitifund website), YOU ARE GOING TO THAT ORGANIZATION'S WEBSITE AND DONATING TO THEM DIRECTLY.

This is why what Rush said is so dangerously hateful. Because he makes people like you believe that the whitehouse.gov site is the one collecting and distributing your contributions and THAT IS NOT TRUE. And RUSH LIMBAUGH KNOWS THIS.

That makes him an evil, hateful, nasty, knowing liar.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
You're barking a red herring up the wrong tree here.

Your case is weak.

He asked questions. How can you lie when you're asking a question.

Besides, as many have told you - there are millions that feel the same way.

Remember the snitch your neighbor/buddy idea from the WH?

Remember they were caught keeping the info and sending out return emails?

Plenty of reason to stay away from the WH website.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Yes, whitehouse.gov is exactly like a phishing scam. And when they notify you that you're leaving their server before you've ever entered so much as a dot from your keyboard, they're really applying super secret mind-reading methods that only the government knows about.

Why is this so hard to understand?

When you go to whitehouse.gov and click a link that takes you to the Red Cross website (or now the clintonbushhaitifund website), YOU ARE GOING TO THAT ORGANIZATION'S WEBSITE AND DONATING TO THEM DIRECTLY.

This is why what Rush said is so dangerously hateful. Because he makes people like you believe that the whitehouse.gov site is the one collecting and distributing your contributions and THAT IS NOT TRUE. And RUSH LIMBAUGH KNOWS THIS.

That makes him an evil, hateful, nasty, knowing liar.
Breathe deeply for a second. All sorts of websites collect all sorts of information when you visit them, even without you entering any personal information. It CAN also garner your IP address, no?

I don't understand why you say that what Rush said was so dangerous? Where is the danger in being internet-cautious? So what if people would rather not go through a government re-direct to a charity. So what if people would feel more comfortable donating to the charity directly? SO WHAT???

Old 01-16-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post

Seriously?? 18 pages of OMFG Rush LIED ON THE RADIO!@!@!@!@!

I wouldn't trust going through the whitehouse.gov either. I would much rather donate directly to my charity of choice than go through any governmental redirecting. I don't care what you say, digital information CAN be collected just from visiting the site. No thank you.

Some people need a REAL reason to get worked up about. Sheesh
18 pages of fighting the ignorance created by the LIE that Rush Limbaugh fed his audience. This is what makes him so dangerous. He lies and millions of stupid people believe those lies.

NO WEBSITE can collect your EMAIL ADDRESS or your MONETARY CONTRIBUTION if you DON'T TYPE IT IN THAT WEBSITE. And since you won't be typing your personal identifying information into the White House website, but to the charity's website, on THEIR SERVER, the White House CANNOT POSSIBLY OBTAIN THAT INFORMATION just because you surfed on through there while following a link.

They may know your IP address and your internet service provider. They may know what web page you were viewing before you entered their site. They may know what link you followed to leave their site, BUT THEY WON'T KNOW YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION INFORMATION.

DOESN'T

WORK

THAT

WAY

Old 01-16-2010, 07:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Breathe deeply for a second. All sorts of websites collect all sorts of information when you visit them, even without you entering any personal information. It CAN also garner your IP address, no?
This is common knowledge - and she's worked herself up into a frenzy.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:54 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
There is a special little section in hell roped off just for Rush Limbaugh (and his sheeple)
and there's a special little section of the local psychiatric ward roped off for the profoundly offended little flowers on this board.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post

I don't understand why you say that what Rush said was so dangerous? Where is the danger in being internet-cautious? So what if people would rather not go through a government re-direct to a charity. So what if people would feel more comfortable donating to the charity directly? SO WHAT???
I couldn't care less if people prefer to go directly to a charity's website or not. I went directly to the charities' websites to make my own contributions.

I care that Rush Limbaugh LIED TO HIS AUDIENCE and told them that if you go THROUGH the White House website to GET TO the charity's website, that THE MONEY MIGHT NOT GET TO HAITI because of that.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
18 pages of fighting the ignorance created by the LIE that Rush Limbaugh fed his audience. This is what makes him so dangerous. He lies and millions of stupid people believe those lies.

NO WEBSITE can collect your EMAIL ADDRESS or your MONETARY CONTRIBUTION if you DON'T TYPE IT IN THAT WEBSITE. And since you won't be typing your personal identifying information into the White House website, but to the charity's website, on THEIR SERVER, the White House CANNOT POSSIBLY OBTAIN THAT INFORMATION just because you surfed on through there while following a link.

They may know your IP address and your internet service provider. They may know what web page you were viewing before you entered their site. They may know what link you followed to leave their site, BUT THEY WON'T KNOW YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION INFORMATION.

DOESN'T

WORK

THAT

WAY
There is no lie. Period. I know many very intelligent people that also feel the same and would not under any circumstance donate to a charity through some government re-direct.

To be perfectly honest, I would rather the government NOT have my IP address or the capability to see what webpages I have visited. No. Thank. You. A lot of information can be garnered from your IP address btw.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:04 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Rush doesn't like Obama but he's not exhibiting any more vitriol than any of the lefties exhibited toward Bush, so get over it.
More of the partisan crap. It's always partisan to righties.

IT'S ABOUT HAITI! It isn't about Obama like Rush has convinced you guys that it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies