Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 12:28 PM

742 posts, read 2,068,222 times

Advertisements

Bear in mind that Palin got far better treatment than any of the FOX News Barbies. Beck and O'Reilly effused praise on her, something they don't do to the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Of course she does. Because she isn't blond or Barbie-like, and she isn't there just for her looks! Love her or hate her, people take her seriously.

Not only will she have a potentially greater career than the rest of the FOX News Barbies combined, but she will be the reason guests either want to or not want to appear on the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 12:33 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Damn, liberals do have a tough life. I really feel sorry for you. You are the only ones who have jobs and the only ones who have kids. WOW.
And here I thought they only had to attend SEIU meetings.... Sorry, this one was too easy!

Old 01-16-2010, 12:36 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Can stupidity be considered stupid in itself? I saw O'Reilly ask if CNN and MSNBC were so smart, why were their ratings going down? Again, stupid, just like the premise of this thread.

Ratings and "rightness" are not related concepts. People watching doesn't equate to people agreeing. Will sanrene ever get that through her head?
Oh but yes it does. Trying to reason the low ratings for the Liberal msm's compared to the conservative FOX you are failing.
People dont like hate and onesided information to the point of even telling lies as those stations often do! They dont report the news they report their side and slant to the news and people dont want it and it shows in the ratings.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
Bear in mind that Palin got far better treatment than any of the FOX News Barbies. Beck and O'Reilly effused praise on her, something they don't do to
the others. Of course she does. Because she isn't blond or Barbie-like, and she isn't there just for her looks! Love her or hate her, people take her seriously.

Not only will she have a potentially greater career than the rest of the FOX News Barbies combined, but she will be the reason guests either want to or not want to appear on the show.
I mostly agree with you, with one main exception:

Thanks to Palin *and* Megyn Kelly (who really is one of the sharpest knives in the Fox News drawer), why watch any other news channel?

Old 01-16-2010, 12:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Damn, liberals do have a tough life. I really feel sorry for you. You are the only ones who have jobs and the only ones who have kids. WOW.
The average age of Fox News viewer is 65! Apparently, these viewers have found little else to do during their retirement!

Old 01-16-2010, 12:44 PM

742 posts, read 2,068,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Megyn Kelly (who really is one of the sharpest knives in the Fox News drawer)?
It is my belief that:
Anything Megyn can do, O'Reilly and Hannity can do better.
They can do anything better than her.
No she don't, yes they do.
No she don't, yes they do, yes they do.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:44 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The average age of Fox News viewer is 65! Apparently, these viewers have found little else to do during their retirement!
Where did you get that average?

I know many teens, 20-mid 40's that watch I have to say not that many 65+

Old 01-16-2010, 01:06 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
I actually steeled myself to watch that Glenn Beck/Palin show (despite my loathing of Fox) - it was completely devoid of any news/discussion worthy content and consisted mostly of Beck creepily fawning over Palin, somehow managing to refer to her in the same breath as George Washington, having a mutual pity-party about how mean everyone is to both of them, whining about how you can't trust anyone in politics (Really? That's something new )- all padded out with some fluff about God and a chart which showed Glenn Beck having 3 percentage points of some random Most Admired People poll (compared to Obama's 25%) and Mrs Palin showing joint 14% with Hillary Clinton on the ladies chart.

The whole show was about as informative and interesting as a soap powder commercial and I found the lack of passion and ability to enliven any "discussion" point on Palin's part quite astonishing, given that she seems to be the person on whom the Republicans are pinning all their hopes for rejuvenating themselves after their defeat All in all, very poor show in every sense.

"the person on whom the Republicans are pinning all their hopes"

Got a Republican candidate leading in the MA Senate race. MA hasn't had a Republican Senator in 31 years. The 2010 midterm election could very well make 1994 a footnote in history, but this time the change isn't coming from a party or politicians. It is coming from the people in the form of grassroots protests and being directed at the parties and politicians. The beauty of the Tea Party movement is that it isn't tied to any party or influenced by Washington insiders.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
It is my belief that:
Anything Megyn can do, O'Reilly and Hannity can do better.
They can do anything better than her.
No she don't, yes they do, yes they do.
Look, I enjoy blonde jokes as much as the next guy, but I'm going to share this recent vid of Megyn and O'Reilly and let you and everyone else decide! Keep in mind that Megyn doesn't say "Hello???!!!" even ONCE (although she would have been justified in doing so at 4:25 and again at 5:15!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuBE9VyFz0A

(I'd better do my part in getting this thread back on the subject of Sarah Palin....)

Old 01-16-2010, 01:09 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Yes, because we all know that world peace hinges on Fox News ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies