Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 04:27 PM

900 posts, read 673,185 times

Advertisements

What a silly thread. But this is typical of the right wing. They compare a major American city with modern infrastructure and no obstacles to getting aid in to a third world country where there is no infrastructure left standing and where we have no legal authority to do anything without the permission of the Haitians themselves.

And whoever made the statement about flying helicopters 600 miles to 'drop supplies' obviously has never been in or near a helicopter.

As somebody else said, this is nothing more than an incredibly lame effort by right wing mouth-breathers to complain about Obama. None of them give a damn about Haiti or what happens to the people there. They take their guidance from Oxycontin Rush, and as we know, he wants no assistance sent to Haiti at all.

These are just really hateful people, and once you understand that, all of this is much easier to understand.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:29 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
"Mr. Gates said earthquake relief was the first priority of the American military “in this hemisphere” as military jets begin routine deliveries of relief supplies and the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson arrives, three days after the 7.0 magnitude earthquake rocked the impoverished country."

Pentagon defends response time of Haiti aid efforts / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

From your very own story..
The initial Defense Department response on Wednesday seemed to be focused on making initial assessments, instead of getting relief supplies and personnel on the ground

The US is sending a total of about 9,000 personnel to Haiti, but the bulk of those troops, including about 2,200 marines, will stay aboard ships until needed

I view the Haitian people as our neighbors, and think a week for support is just outragious when people are dying by the minute.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I the end;both came into a situation which peparedness was the responsibilty of others. In one th sate and local offical did not implement prepared paln. i the other the governamnt is not rteally capable. In both situation the president relys o0n professionals;many the same people'to do a very difficult job of cathching up . No one can instanoius make things right. It takes time ;no matter what.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:31 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
What a silly thread. But this is typical of the right wing. They compare a major American city with modern infrastructure and no obstacles to getting aid in to a third world country where there is no infrastructure left standing and where we have no legal authority to do anything without the permission of the Haitians themselves.

And whoever made the statement about flying helicopters 600 miles to 'drop supplies' obviously has never been in or near a helicopter.

As somebody else said, this is nothing more than an incredibly lame effort by right wing mouth-breathers to complain about Obama. None of them give a damn about Haiti or what happens to the people there. They take their guidance from Oxycontin Rush, and as we know, he wants no assistance sent to Haiti at all.

These are just really hateful people, and once you understand that, all of this is much easier to understand.
Exactly.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:32 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
5 days after Haiti was hit by an earthquake.. US has several hundred soldiers on land to assist.

Hurricane Katrina hits LA on August 29th, and 5 days later there were 54,000 military personnel in the area helping.

Obama pledges $100,000,000 to Haiti while Bush sends $10,500,000,000 to LA

Where is all the liberal outrage for the lack of support? Does Obama care less than Bush did for "black people" Yeah, obserd, but that didnt stop you liberals from making similar statements towards Bush.. WHY?
Not a very good comparison. NOLA were OUR citizens not some foreign third world hellhole like haiti. $100M plus everything else is too much pledged support, imo.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:32 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
Quote:
I view the Haitian people as our neighbors,
I view right wingers as my neighbors. But I am more convinced than ever, that right wingers have no ideas or solutions. They simply complain about EVERYTHING.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
I view right wingers as my neighbors. But I am more convinced than ever, that right wingers have no ideas or solutions. They simply complain about EVERYTHING.
Now that you got your "I hate right wingers" out.. do you care to try to contribute to the thread?

Old 01-16-2010, 04:40 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times
Quote:
Now that you got your "I hate right wingers" out.. do you care to try to contribute to the thread?

They're nothing but HATE, HATE, and more HATE PG. They'll never get over their hate. Keep on keeping on friend.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:40 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
yeah, we wouldnt want to teach people to count, would we?
Oh, I think we should! You started this thread so it would seem you believe you have some knowledge about the topic.

Let's count the number of weeks, days, hours, your choice. of advance warning there was of the coming of Katrina vs.the coming of the earthquake. Then please do explain how you believe the two situations are even remotely comparable.

Unless you do we'll just take it as cofirmation the only purpose of this thread is another NeoConfused bash Obama whine, facts & circumstances not required and discouraged.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:41 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Not a very good comparison. NOLA were OUR citizens not some foreign third world hellhole like haiti. $100M plus everything else is too much pledged support, imo.
I disagree. The money is nothing compared to the value of life. People are people, no matter if "first class" citizen like US Americans and Europeans, or people from poor countries. I find your post very disrespectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies