Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 11:07 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times

Advertisements

Of course they don't want it shown. Something like that is effective, far more so than picketing a clinic with horrific signs, or another overbearing speech filled with Christian moral superiority and promises of damnation.

This can't be dismissed as right-wing craziness or sensationalist propaganda. It effectively forces people to confront the harsh reality that each abortion murders a human life, someone who could cure cancer or AIDS.

Pro-abortion advocates hate that, because they want people to think of abortion as nothing, just a simple medical procedure of no more importance than liposuction. It's hard to paint that picture against something like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 11:08 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I know of at least one person who opted not to abort when the doctors predicted a dire prognosis. Both mother and her healthy teenage daughter are blessed that she did not choose abortion.
My own mother found herself in similar circumstances and there was a strong possibility that I would not be here today if not for the support and guidance that stepped up when she was a young girl. That would be my reason for saying RTL has been going about things all wrong, and my firm commitment to pro choice. Without committed parents/ elders, my life would be worthless.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:12 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I do know how google works and their extreme left leaning stand which is why I've switched to other search engines.
well I would suppose that given the free choice laws governing abortion that you trust yourself enough to make the right choice and not do it?

so why do you and other bible packin conservative not trust me and others enough to make the right decisions for ourselves?

and then you want to point the finger at liberals for being elitists and that "they know better" and here you all are doing exactly that...

If you want to push a message that presents the benefits of one choice or another.. I think that's great..
but we all know that it doesn't stop at that.. the push from that side of things is to propose legislation to OUTLAW choice..

Old 01-25-2010, 11:22 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,478 times
[quote=boiseguy;12614549]well I would suppose that given the free choice laws governing abortion that you trust yourself enough to make the right choice and not do it?

so why do you and other bible packin conservative not trust me and others enough to make the right decisions for ourselves?

and then you want to point the finger at liberals for being elitists and that "they know better" and here you all are doing exactly that...

If you want to push a message that presents the benefits of one choice or another.. I think that's great..
but we all know that it doesn't stop at that.. the push from that side of things is to propose legislation to OUTLAW choice..[/quote]

Who is trying to outlaw choice?

There are many choices you can make... keep the baby, adoption, not have sex in the first place ..... just not abortion because abortion is murder

This is a classic case of censorship.... looks like the leftie nutsjobs want to TRY to shut up opposing viewpoints

Old 01-25-2010, 11:32 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
I don't believe that censorship is the proper way to achieve anything..
but I also don't believe that people should be able to purchase air time to push commercials that manipulate issues facing society.. I mean if you want to address the issue... address it.. don't play upon people's emotions to get them to join your cause.. because no matter how many people you get to agree with you.. it doesn't make it right for you to take away someone else's choice...even if it's 299,999,999 to one... that is not how america works..
Yep, you're right. No one ever purchases air time to push commercials that manipulate issues facing society. Not that polution commercial with the fake indian crying a tear, not the feed the hungry type commercials, not the "look for the union label" commercials, and certainly not commercials urging voters to vote for or against a measure <sarcasm>. These groups claim to be pro-choice but they don't want others to have the choice to view this commercial. Wonder why is that? This is a perfect example of what some people call, femanazi.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:34 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Abortion is one subject I will ALWAYS be passionate about and unmovable on it. Pro choice, Pro freedom, pro woman, pro America.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't often use the word "hate", but man, I hate censorship. I don't care if it's an anti-abortion message or a GoDaddy ad featuring jiggly girls and big boobies, everybody should be able to speak their minds and advertise however they want. Censorship sucks.
I disagree. I think if you advertise lies you should be prevented from doing so. I think speech advocating violence is another applicable subject meriting censorship. Freedom of speech should been seen as a responsibility like every other right provided by law.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Abortion is one subject I will ALWAYS be passionate about and unmovable on it. Pro choice, Pro freedom, pro woman, pro America.

Pro-murder is a simpler way to sum it up.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:42 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
I wonder what the rating for the Superbowl is? I would have thought it should be kept family-friendly, and showing an anti-abortion advert is not exactly PG.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:43 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Yep, you're right. No one ever purchases air time to push commercials that manipulate issues facing society. Not that polution commercial with the fake indian crying a tear, not the feed the hungry type commercials, not the "look for the union label" commercials, and certainly not commercials urging voters to vote for or against a measure <sarcasm>. These groups claim to be pro-choice but they don't want others to have the choice to view this commercial. Wonder why is that? This is a perfect example of what some people call, femanazi.
apparently you didnt follow my stance and differentiate it from my personal OPINION.
I don't for one minute believe that a commercial promoting adoption and having your baby should be shut down.. it should be put out there..
I think that it's great... if you want to put a message out there to help people make good choices.. I'm all for THAT.. what I'm against is taking away their choice...
so as I said in another thread..
preach..
march..
make commericals..
sing and pray to jesus or whatever
do it all...
everything in your power and what you think is good and great

Those efforts should be promoted and well respected by all of us even if we don't agree..
it's when those positions are used to take away the choice is when we run into trouble...
as long as you don't push the issue to that extreme.. I say great! get out there and make miracles happen..
clamping laws down on people's choices is not the miracle you should be promoting.. and as I've said.. if it's not.. then I'm all for you putting your message out there!
liberals aren't scared of your message.. they're scared of the real intentions of your message.. where you want to pass legislation to shut down choice...so please understand and differentiate the two..
this is how I can be a liberal and honestly say I'm against abortion.. insomuch that I am against it for myself in my life and the choices I make.. I am not however against others being able to make that decision and choice for themselves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies