Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 12:16 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Speaking for those who can't speak for themselves?

No, what's a joke is someone who thinks that murder under the guise of "women's rights" is somehing worth fighting for. Or would be a joke, if it wasn't so sad and pathetic.
so you are in favor of shutting down choice?
if a woman is pregnant she must forfeit all rights to her body and make the child's come first?
we all know that if you're pregnant you should make the right choice to not drink, smoke and do drugs while pregnant.. but should that be legislated as well??? should we be putting pregnant women in jail if they're out on the back porch sneaking a smoke? afterall they are imposing upon the child in the same manner.. insomuch that it could be killing the fetus as well..
It's the chicken or the egg argument.. and catch 22.. which is why a choice stance is the only way to properly address the issue..and hope that the right choice is made...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Are you a part of the organization calling for this ad to be pulled off the air? If not then I wasn't talking about you. If you are then the term is valid since they're trying to force CBS to pull the ad because they don't agree with it.
You have no respect, Dave. Therefore, you are the worst advertisement for whatever point you've been trying to make. Get it? [MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-26-2010 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: unnecessary personal comment

Old 01-26-2010, 12:19 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
why would you want to air a commercial about a divisive topic right in the middle of the superbowl when everyone at various gatherings are enjoying the game of football together regardless of their position on the topic...
The people who are pro-life will love it, and the people who are pro-choice won't. It's not going to change any minds.

Let the pro-choice crowd run their own ad. They have a right to do so.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:20 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times
Quote:
so you are in favor of shutting down choice?
if a woman is pregnant she must forfeit all rights to her body and make the child's come first?
It's the chicken or the egg argument.. and catch 22.. which is why a choice stance is the only way to properly address the issue..

I don't get a choice to kill someone because they are an inconvenience to me.

Women do have a choice - birth control, raising the child, adoption. But killing another human being isn't a choice they shoud be allowed to make, no more so than I shoud be allowed to kill the guy in front of me doing 35 in a 55 zone.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:20 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
perhaps tacky was the wrong word then...
inappropriate...

why would you want to air a commercial about a divisive topic right in the middle of the superbowl when everyone at various gatherings are enjoying the game of football together regardless of their position on the topic...

to me it's no different than buying air time in the middle of some christian church preaching show to talk about gay issues and gay rights..

it has a right to be heard and put out there.. but really is that time and place necessary?

Can't you just hear the old ladies shriek???

Thanks for that post, really. People don't have to be offensive to each other to make their points.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The people who are pro-life will love it, and the people who are pro-choice won't. It's not going to change any minds.

Let the pro-choice crowd run their own ad. They have a right to do so.
agreed...
I don't for one second advocate censorship.. I'm just speaking purely out of opinion on the tact involved..
I for one think presenting sides of the issue is great... so long as it isn't used to destroy the fundamental right to choice..

Old 01-26-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:

Women do have a choice - birth control, raising the child, adoption. But killing another human being isn't a choice they shoud be allowed to make, no more so than I shoud be allowed to kill the guy in front of me doing 35 in a 55 zone.
but smoking is perfectly legal, and so is drinking.. does that pregnant woman lose rights to doing those things when she is pregnant because it could severely harm or kill the baby in her?
there's plenty of ways to kill a fetus that doesn't involve a trip to planned parenthood you know...
and this is where the issue gets sticky
believe me.. I totally see where your coming from.. and totally agree with being a voice for those who have none..
which is why socially accepted circles where a pregnant woman is smoking or drinking she might get a thing or two said to her by a bystander... but that doesn't mean she's breaking the law or being hauled off to jail..
careful the line we walk... saving the children is great.. but not if the path it takes to do it destroys the principles of freedom and agency.. there are other avenues to make miracles happen and save children and actually make a difference.. we as a society should seek those avenues..to help people make better choices.. to lead better lives.. not take away their choices and force circumstances and ultimatums upon them..

Old 01-26-2010, 12:24 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Speaking for those who can't speak for themselves?

No, what's a joke is someone who thinks that murder under the guise of "women's rights" is somehing worth fighting for. Or would be a joke, if it wasn't so sad and pathetic.
Yes I am.

I don't care what you think. Cry about it. Howl and scream. Whatever. It does not matter.

Abortion is LEGAL! even if it becomes ILLEGAL, we can flee to Canada to get it and more than likely it will become a underground black market thing. NOTHING you say or do will ever stop it.

Quote:

One second the JOKE "prolife" movement says that are for birth control. Then we have others who call birth control a moral evil. //www.city-data.com/forum/12614927-post437.html

So what is it "prolifers"?

Until the JOKE "prolife" movement can get their act together, that is all they will be. A JOKE!

Old 01-26-2010, 12:27 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,423,702 times
Quote:
but smoking is perfectly legal, and so is drinking.. does that pregnant woman lose rights to doing those things when she is pregnant because it could severely harm or kill the baby in her?
there's plenty of ways to kill a fetus that doesn't involve a trip to planned parenthood you know...

If you leave a child in a hot car, you're criminally liable. I don't see any difference.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:28 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You have no respect, Dave. Therefore, you are the worst advertisement for whatever point you've been trying to make. Get it? Grow up.
You're right, I don't respect censorship of points of views you don't agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies